Overbridge [pre-announcement and June 2015 launch]

Was having some issues regarding sending midi from Live to A4, realized that L/R outputs have to be switched on in the control panel otherwise no midi (at least for me)

You simply need to load the VSTi, then create an additional 4 tracks. The VSTi track I have as my ā€˜master/FX trackā€™, and then I place an external instruments plugin on tracks 1-4, choosing the corresponding midi/audio A4/AK options.
To create a group, highlight the VSTi track, and the 4 external instrument tracks - right click and select ā€˜create groupā€™.

And so onā€¦

1 Like

so tldr on this epic thread, but how is the DAW sync at this stage?

does it look like this could be a valid alternative to the innerclock/expert sleepers solutions to sync hardware to DAW?

does it use a similar audio clock type method?

Please send a bug report. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Itā€™s a shame that the 4 outputs canā€™t be assigned to tracks rather than voices. Now that would have been amazing and allowed me to properly multi track. As it stands, Iā€™m having to group all 4 tracks to build a complete picture and with that I lose the FX (for some reason, no matter what I do, if I go for main outs I get duplicated sounds).

Is this a limitation of the circuitry rather than o/s?

And I may have missed it - is it possible to send audio into my AK from, say Live, for use through the FX and then back into Live? I couldnā€™t sus out if that was the case or not - didnā€™t look like it.

maybe a weird question but can somebody explain why my rytm donā€™t connect over usb . when i hook it up you canā€™t see in the system usb configuration

what am i doing wrong

Hi I tried this as well as trying the ableton set that has upload as well and but still no joy with getting midi or audio out , do you need to use the a4 as a souncard to get it working or will it be ok to use my uad apollo .

donā€™t see why not - just plumb it together at ableton end to capture and use the main outs i guess

Global > Voice routing. You can decide if you want your individual voices to go to the Main out or only the FX.
I think, you can change that in OB too.

Global > Voice routing. You can decide if you want your individual voices to go to the Main out or only the FX.
I think, you can change that in OB too. [/quote]

Cheers but it didnā€™t seem to work for me! Iā€™ll try again later.

To be honest, I havent spent too much time on it as currently focussing on the stag Iā€™m going on this weekend - I have to dress up as a vintage footballer and Iā€™m taking my Chris Waddle Newcastle era outfit very seriouslyā€¦

can home switched everything using the ableton template its all working , didnā€™t do anything but it works , only thing is I donā€™t get any automation lanes in arrangement window yet any tips for that or is it not working yet.

Not been here in a long while as I have been happily making music :wink:

Anyway, I know nothing of the overbridge apart from the basic things it can do from the initial unveiling I and I know itā€™s geared for the newer machines too but can it sync the other machines too? I have never been able to sync my MD to Logic for some reason. I think itā€™s something to do with my interface (sapphire pro40)
It would be lovely to get that synced finally. Will the overbridge recognise it and do rudementary syncage?
Or if anyone feels sorry for my plight and school me into getting it done in the traditional way, that would be eternally sweet of you.

waits in earnest with TM1 in one hand cock in the other

arsecrackā€¦ hm shoud be no problem in logic via Midi out of your soundcard! Never had a problem to send sync from Logic into MD via Motuā€¦ and even Midi Data from the MD back into Logic (to NI Battery).

Did you switched on ā€œsend clock to ā€¦ā€ in Logic project preferences?

does that make you go 10x faster :wink:

in the dropdown menu of the destinations you can choose one specific midi output device or just all devices. I guess you have to switch on ā€œmidi clock receiveā€ and ā€œtransport receiveā€ in the md and it should work ā€¦ with a wonky timing :wink:

You should be using the EXT instrument. It combines audio and midi into one channel.

so bad news for today. yesterday everything worked fine with the template project. Today no incoming audio via vst plung in ā€¦ it seems the plug in doesnĀ“t connect to a4 properly.

The Overbridge app still shows incoming audio. Restarted Ableton and the A4 ā€¦ still the same. No audio, no parameter changes. Even the track sounds and kit were named ā€œnew soundsā€ and ā€œnew kitā€. Try to change latency in the vst and Ableton crashed. I opened a support ticket. :frowning:

yep - the red dot, right? Same thing for me. Worked fine and thenā€¦it didnā€™t. Havenā€™t been able to do a damn thing to get the VST connection back and Iā€™ve tried pretty much everything I can think of.

Iā€™m on a 2012 Mac mini running OSX 10.7.5 and Ableton Live 9.19 - you?

so after a second ableton crash ā€¦ things are runing again :slight_smile:
iĀ“m on imac2013 yosemite with ableton 9.1.3
DonĀ“t ask me why or what I have done ā€¦ the only thing i changed was pluging out the mfb522 from the external input.

Pluged it back in and even external input is working fine on the vst. BUT ā€¦ and maybe it was mention here before too ā€¦ following problem:

track 1 is a simple chord made of 2 osc + sub osch = 1 voice
track 3 is a pad on trig 1 over 2 bars
trig 1 on the 1. bar are 3 notes
trig 1 on the 2. bar is 1 note
polyphone mode is on for track 2 - 4
(and yeah ā€¦ every voice is spread over track 2-4)
with some reverb and delay itĀ“s sounds aaaaaamazing :wink:
i add another melody just playing one note over 1 bar on trig 7 and 12 on track 2
so this melody is grabing a note from the pad (track 3) in bar 1 ā€¦ so far so good
BUT the melody gets louder when track 3 with the pad is on bar 2 and itĀ“s not grabing a note away :confused:

I apologize if this has been answered before (there really needs to be an FAQā€¦), but do the MAIN L & R tracks necessarily mix in the EXT L & R tracks (as would be the case in the 1/4" outputs), or only when FX are applied to EXT L & R?