Overbridge not detecting devices on Sonoma

I’ve tried both 2.7.1 and 2.7.3 but can’t get Overbridge to recognise my devices. The engine window remains empty when any Digi boxes are connected.

Just checking if anyone else has this problem? I’ve exhausted all options of what to check/try and as a last resort I’m asking here. Support couldn’t replicate it but if anyone else is having an issue, it will at least give them something to go on.

Weirdly the uninstaller DOES detect devices in Overbridge mode, and throws up a warning to power them off before uninstalling.

I’m on Overbridge 2.7.3 on Sonoma 14.1.1 on an Apple M1 and I’m good to go with both Digitakt and Digitone. Only thing I noticed is syncing devices took a little longer than usual, but just a minute longer at most.

I once had OB Mode off in Settings on my Digitakt, for some odd reason. Maybe check that?

2 Likes

Thanks for the input! That’s strange I’m on the same setup, I’ve tried various different configurations but nothing seems to work.

Starting to wonder whether it’s my Apollo interface interfering as that’s constantly running in the background, seems to work fine with 2.5.4 though.

I run an audio interface on its own usb, and run the Digis via Overhub. Maybe try a Digi direct to Mac, with no interfering devices? I hope you’re able to isolate the issue :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

I was going to pull some quotes from this thread but honestly, in re-reading it, it’s kind of a mess. I’m afraid pulling quotes out of context won’t help, but look over the posts (especially the last few). It’s not the exact same but I see some parallels that reminded me of reading it when I saw this. Dude was also on a Mac, something in here might be useful. It’s mostly about overbridge and transfer.

Digitakt doesn´t work anymore after new OS - Elektron Gear / Digitakt - Elektronauts

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll take a look :+1:

1 Like

Hmm, i guess I’m not using Overbridge then (I don’t really use it much anyway). I’ve tried everything to get it working but no dice.

I did notice that usually macOS throws up a dialogue when drivers are being installed but it’s not doing that with the 2,7.1/2.7.3 installers, maybe it’s normal as it’s a new unified driver, but I did find that odd.

Thanks for the input guys!

sorry chief, hopefully an overbridge guru pops in. I’m on windows so I don’t know much about mac first hand, my bad though. I’m sure it will work out, hopefully :upside_down_face:

when I say “hopefully” twice in one post, hopefully it will trigger something positive, hopefully.

1 Like

No worries, hopefully support will get a chance to dig a bit deeper in the coming weeks.

1 Like

You have to enable it in privacy and security settings within 30 mins of install. Did you check Privacy and Security even though it doesn’t flag a warning?

Try uninstalling, reboot, install, check Privacy and Security.

I run 5 UAD devices (4 Apollos and an Octo Satellite), without issue, so that shouldn’t be it. Are you running the most recent UAD drivers? They just released an update for Sonoma.

3 Likes

Thanks for chiming in! Yes, I’ve already checked the privacy and security settings but the driver never appears there to be allowed.

Good to know it’s not the UAD stuff interfering though.

I’m out of ideas, hopefully support can dig deeper via logs or something, just need to wait til they are less busy :slightly_smiling_face:

I just did an uninstall and reinstall, and the prompt about the driver happens at the end of the installation still.

Curious why it’s not happening on your end.

Do you have anything other than UAD running in the background?

I have a whole heap of audio software installed but nothing that runs at startup, except for UAD.

When installing Overbridge I also get a notification that the engine will run at startup (but can be disabled from doing that). It never actually appears in startup items though.

It’s a strange issue for sure, support are using pretty much the same setup for testing, but can’t recreate it.

I meant I still get the alert to enable the extension in privacy and security. I didn’t have to restart, just enable the extension in privacy and security, then turn on the electron device and they appeared.

You said it works ok in 2.5?

You’re running the uninstalled first right?

1 Like

Yes, of course, uninstall/reboot/install :+1:

2.5.4 installs fine, not sure how well it’s working with the new firmwares though.

I’ll just wait for support to try and pin it down. I appreciate your input though, it’s ruled out the UAD stuff as the culprit :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello, was this ever resolved?

I just bought a new macbook m3 max, and the Elektron devices aren’t being detected.
I allowed the security stuff, as per usual. Strange

I’m still waiting for another reply from support. Another user had this problem but on windows, and support gave instructions how to fix it.

They couldn’t reproduce what I described on Mac, so if you’re having this issue too, report it to support. They might pay more attention if they’re getting more than one bug report.

Did you migrate, or clean install? I’f it was a migration, try uninstalling and reinstalling. I just moved to an M3 Max and did the same thing, all working ok here.

It was the migration that caused the issue for me.

I’m now up and running after completely uninstalling and reinstalling from scratch.

Thanks.

1 Like