Overbridge & macOS Big Sur

That gives me the error below. Unfortunately i don’t see any way to approve this in the Security & Privacy preferences.

sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/ElektronOverbridge.kext

Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil load -p /Library/Extensions/ElektronOverbridge.kext

Extension with identifiers se.elektron.overbridge.driver not approved to load. Please approve using System Preferences.

Oh wait, i need to disable SIP first i think

I tried this on the new Apple silicon, but got this response:
Incompatible architecture: Binary is for x86_64, but needed arch arm64e

So no luck on the new M1 Machines, Rosetta cant help

So this worked and the Overbridge engine now detects my DT, but my computer/Live still does not detect it as an audio output device.

Yes, that’s correct. Audio driver doesn’t work. I was wrong, sorry. Didn’t notice that at first because I don’t use Overbridge audio.

Disable SIP, enable the kext. It fully works. :slight_smile:

Waiting for overbridge to work on Big Sur, this is the only way I can play music with my Takt & Tone according to my setup…

Can anyone tell me if the ‘capture’ feature still works with big sur?

Do not update to BigSur until a compatible version is released.

6 Likes

My boss doesn’t agree unfortunately

1 Like

How do you enable the kext for Overbridge?

Is there any info about the ability to work with the M1? Customer service said they were unaware if testing was being done on them. I am having trouble using my digitakt as even a midi controller when other midi devices are working fine.

Disable SIP

then:

sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/MyDriverxxx.kext

Do you know the name of the Driver to replace MyDriverxxx ? I can’t seem to find it. Thanks.

ElektronOverbridge.kext

1 Like

Here is how i made it work on imac pro big sur, intel processor

• enter recovery mode
  • enter terminal
  • type csrutil disable
  • reboot
  • open terminal
  • type sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/ElektronOverbridge.kext
  • reboot

notes:

• overbridge recognizes digitakt and digitone
  • audio usb doesnt work
  • midi usb works
  • reactiving the SIP again after disables overbridge again

I will wait for an update. Hoping it comes quick.

1 Like

Both! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It does show as a USB compliant device in Big Sur when I change the system setting from overbridge to USB audio on the Digitone/AH. I only use the overbridge (sometimes) but mostly the analog outs and controls on the gear.

It’s pretty damn infuriating… Overbridge the program runs in BigSur, but because Apple wants to ‘protect’ me it won’t actually let Overbridge connect.

Couldn’t Elektron just comply to the safety measurements? Is it such a big deal?