Overbridge in macOS Sierra

Thanks ever so much for this fix Purusha - worked for me! Also thank you to William for making me aware of this fix.

1 Like

U Welcome @Signal75

what do i need to make sense of the text in extracted file? the file itself has no file ending, should i add one to be able to make the changes?

Hey @vantablack

You should not try to make any sense of the file or open it in an editor. It is binary, not meant for human consumption.

To extract the 64-bit portion, just run the indicated command in terminal:

sudo ditto --arch x86_64 ~/Desktop/ElektronOverbridge /Library/Extensions/ElektronOverbridge.kext/Contents/MacOS/ElektronOverbridge

This should ask for your administrator password.

Obviously the success of this command is dependent on you having run the previous command in my instructions.

3 Likes

All Terminal codes given do the job for you. You donā€™t have to actually add an extension to the file to kind of accessing to a text file. Type Terminal code thatā€™s it you have each time an action : do that on that file and copy it next to that pathā€¦ The full FIX from @esperdiv is here (i only suggest than as we have an uninstaller and over bridge we donā€™t so much need to backup the original kext which is entirely up to meā€¦ BUT Iā€™M WRONG THERE WE NEED TO APPLY THE FULL PROCEDURE)

(all happen in the Mac Terminal app found in utility)

Open the Terminal app.

(so what he suggest is to backup the kext file first from the original path to the path who lead to the desktop but actually this action copy-paste in the terminal execute the code and DO THAT action you will see the copied backup file on the desktop)

sudo cp -a /Library/Extensions/ElektronOverbridge.kext/Contents/MacOS/ElektronOverbridge ~/Desktop/

(then the code will extract the 64-bit portion of the kernel extension and copy back to the path where the kern files of the OB driver reside in extension system folder)

sudo ditto --arch x86_64 ~/Desktop/ElektronOverbridge /Library/Extensions/ElektronOverbridge.kext/Contents/MacOS/ElektronOverbridge

Dont worry about what it does type exactly as is in the Terminal and Let go OB working then

Yes you right i forget path linked of the first one my advise couldnā€™t work soā€¦ my BAD ā€¦

1 Like

@Signal75 as @esperdiv make me notice the full procedure is requiredā€¦ so i guess as itā€™s work you already done the full procedure. If not uninstall, reinstall OB, do the full procedure. If you have problem do the full procedure. If you have done the full one no action is required just enjoy !

Itā€™s not my fix as such. Just cross-posted from the Access forum, since someone there came up with a similar fix for Virus TI.

1 Like

i ran the Ob control panel and it detects the AR. seems like im ready to start exploring why i canā€™t see the sound pool and +drive in OB, but thats for another thread. thx for the support, this made my day

1 Like

Hi,
I tried the procedure above several times (after reinstalling OB and several Reboots) but no luck here (with 10.12.1). Overbridge doesnt show up any usb devices in the control panel. Also the OB-Plugin cant see any of the devices. I did this on my second mac so Ill wait with the update to sierra on my production mac until the next ob version comes along.

btw: If youre using an RME Interface, try the new usb driver 2.19 on sierra, it uses the optimized usb stack of sierra and has a better latency.

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=24193

Strange you canā€™t get this running if you done the full procedure + tried to reinstall OB :frowning:
Anyway waiting for the proper OB update is also niceā€¦ it will probably get enhanced i guess

maybe its because i updated to sierra and didnt do a clean install of sierra. But that would be a hassle, as I would have to reinstall every program and I dont wanna do that,

Cheers

I done exactly the same. At first not workingā€¦ so i uninstall OB, done the full procedure wich is open terminal type 2 different actions validate with admin password. Reboot. Working. :dizzy_face:

I updated to Sierra from El Capitan. Thatā€™s not the issue.

Probably just needs an uninstall, reboot, re-install and potential reboot again at that point (for maximum reboot safety).

1 Like

So we are a few days on from discovering this solution. What has your experience been, is it still working OK? Any issues?

Has anyone tried Logic Pro X using This solution for Sierra? Im interested to know if Overbridge performance with LPX has improved with Sierra as the OS?

Itā€™s been fine. As Iā€™ve previously said, I get the full number of channels with Sierra.

2 Likes

niceone! the trick worked fine with my setup: macOS sierra + AR+A4+OB with the latest updates.
how is it when the official update comes for OB? deleting OB and fresh install? whats happening with the total recall files in that case? i directly started working and already have 2 tracks in progress i definatly dont wanna lose :wink:

Think Iā€™ve got this working - thanks for the updates and typing up step by step that allowed me (a mac newbie) to literally cut & paste this in Terminal. :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Curious, does Overbridge/Logic work for you in El Capitan?