Overbridge in macOS Sierra

I didn’t have to reinstall Overbridge at all. My El Capitan version was still installed, unused, in a dark and lonely corner of my hard drive. In any case, glad you got it working.

Hey all, thanks for the tip!

I can confirm the 10.12.1 release alone didn’t fix the issue.

I tried the steps above but that didnt seem to work either. Re-installed Overbridge, rebooted. Still no joy.

Tried one more time, REBOOTED AFTER - Boom! Working, even better than before.

Just make sure to reboot after carrying out the steps (think someone said no reboot necessary above).

1 Like

You only need rebooting if you have loaded Overbridge previously in the session. As you are modifying the driver, if it’s already loaded, it needs to reload again.

For those that don’t want to reboot, you can run this command before trying Overbridge again, after patching:

sudo kextunload /Library/Extensions/ElektronOverbridge.kext

Consensus seems to be that it needs to be performed on a new install. I wonder why that is! In any case, glad it’s working for you @swarm

1 Like

yep, working well for me. Thanks so much for the help! Didnt realise how dependent on overbridge I’d become :smiley:

1 Like

Why does it take such a fucking long time to get this shit working? This is really the worst customer service ever. I only work through overbridge and you should be noticed already that there’s coming a new OS upgrade. Its more than a month ago and still there is no update… I dont even work without this…

1 Like

I guess as Analog Heat is part of Overbridge, rework Overbridge for AR-A4-AK and now AH make sense… it will probably coming very soon i guess

It’s pretty typical for audio hardware and software to take awhile catch up after an os release. There’s many other companies who don’t have updated drivers yet. There are compilation lists of compatibility on sites such as sweetwater. It’s recommended to check such lists for all the products you use and make sure they are compatible before upgrade. Most pro audio folks won’t even upgrade for quite some time, and many will always stay an os or two behind. Apple continues to provide security updates for its last two os’s, so Yosemite and el cap are still supported, no reason to update your audio computer right away. This is nothing new, and if you google around you will find what I’ve written time and time again. Oh, and it probably takes awhile because it’s super crazy complicated to the max…

3 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Overbridge 1.10 Problems

Hi there, first post for me as a long time reader, and I wonder whether you can help. I have just for the first time tried overbridge with my A4 and although it will communicate fine with my 2015 MacBook Pro when in USB-MIDI mode, I can’t for the life of me connect it to the overbridge control Panel when in Overbridge mode. I’m plugging the USB straight into my laptop, and am at a total loss as to what’s happening.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give,

Sam

Hello signal75 please start by update your overbridge and your analog Four :wink:

Analog Keys/Four OS 1.23C

Compatible with Overbridge 1.10.1

Thanks, William. I did both those things, A4 is on 1.23C and Overbridge is version 10.1

Okay do you have followed all the necessary steps according to Overbridge manual then ?
What mac OS X Version you are actually ?

Yes, done that. I’m on 10.12.1

Alright can you apply the Overbridge trick for Sierra please as Overbridge is not for now officially supported on MacOS Sierra so your trouble is normal ! :

For my case it’s not working at first i have to uninstall Overbridge (with uninstaller), Reinstall then applied the FIX and then it working. (for few folks reboot. done working)

Thanks, will give that a go. So uninstall, reinstall, apply the fix and bingo…
Will report back.

As you can always uninstall with uninstaller, reinstall…

you can type in your MAC TERMINAL the code followed next and not make the backup of the file (i guess…) >>>>> BAD ADVISE AS IS !
sudo ditto --arch x86_64 ~/Desktop/ElektronOverbridge /Library/Extensions/ElektronOverbridge.kext/Contents/MacOS/ElektronOverbridge

EDIT I’M WRONG THERE BEFORE DON’t DO THAT DO THE FULL OPERATION

DO THE FULL OPERATION
(all happen in the Mac Terminal app found in utility)

Open the Terminal app.

(so what he suggest is to backup the kext file first from the original path to the path who lead to the desktop but actually this action copy-paste in the terminal execute the code and DO THAT action you will see the copied backup file on the desktop)

sudo cp -a /Library/Extensions/ElektronOverbridge.kext/Contents/MacOS/ElektronOverbridge ~/Desktop/

(then the code will extract the 64-bit portion of the kernel extension and copy back to the path where the kern files of the OB driver reside in extension system folder)

sudo ditto --arch x86_64 ~/Desktop/ElektronOverbridge /Library/Extensions/ElektronOverbridge.kext/Contents/MacOS/ElektronOverbridge

Dont worry about what it does type exactly as is in the Terminal and Let go OB working then

1 Like

Also you can back to the FIX thread and say thanks to the original guys who post the FIX

Amazing! it worked a treat. I’ll go post my thanks. Thank you to you too William!

1 Like

Super Cool :wink: ENJOY !

the waiting for the official OB on Sierra will be easier