Overbridge and Reaper

don’t know what happened, I had to reinstall behringer drivers because my pc wasn’t able to recognize it. I’ll check again from start on reaper. thank you! :slight_smile:

Hi! I could have find a way to set digitakt multitrack recording in reaper.

• loaded digitakt as VST in track 1, then enabled all tracks to different outputs in I/O menù
  • created the 8 single tracks
  • from track 1 routed the different VST outputs using 8 sends (audio 3/4 send to track 2; audio 5/6 send to track 3, and so on…)
    now you have the 8 track, you could monitor the single track but still no recording. to record single tracks. to record you need to arm each single track, open the “in” menù under the track name label and set to record output. on the input menù, set none.
    I found the recording process setup here: https://youtu.be/OYFBR9qlYRI?t=219
    actually it seems to work with no problem, I have the single tracks, still using my main audio interface so i can use all the other inputs etc. what do you think of this one? any other solutions?
1 Like

Hi there, tried to get Digitakt working in Reaper again yesterday. It seems to not have the evil glitches and timing issues anymore.:smiley:
I am of course using the new Overbridge version 2.0.31 and did not try instantly when it was released.
Nothing was mentioned in the release notes.
Yesterday a friend of me came by with her Digitakt and wanted to record some tracks to DAW.
What a surprise! It seems to work as intended / expected / announced now.
I routed the tracks for individual recording in Reaper and started playback (waiting for initial timing issues, crackles, glitches) and it just startet to play in sync with nothing disturbing.
I even used a smaller buffer in Reaper which I normally use for live playing - worked.
I don´t know what Elektron engineers have done to Overbridge because it is not mentioned in the release notes so i did not expect something had changed in that regard.
I will test further this afternoon, hope it is still working.

1 Like

Awesome!. Please let us know if sync works with your Digitakt also. I am still having same issues with my Digitakt and Overbridge. I moved to a new computer with Windows 10, i5 processor, 16Gb RAM yesterday and still have the sync issues. I am using Reaper v6.04 and OB v2.0.31.

I can get the digitakt to sync correctly after about the second bar. I have been doing a work around where I just go ahead and track out the digitakt and then cut off the first bar in Reaper and slide the song start to the beginning of the grid in Reaper. This is ok, not ideal. But this work-around totally blew up when I also had a Blofeld synth line arpeggiated with the Digitakt. The timing was so off that I couldn’t use the recording.

My sync issues persist. I’m curious if ANYONE has a perfect relationship between the Digitakt and Reaper.

I will have a recording session this afternoon with my friend and her Digitakt.
Will report back.

1 Like

Sadly I have to say it still crackles until it has caught up with Reaper. I think the stuff we tried to transfer to Reaper was pretty noisy which covered the crackles.
Syncing works after 1,5 bars. Everything else is working either (Changing patterns, with notes e.g.).
For now I will work with it like this: Start my songs with 2 empty bars, let the Digitakt sync up with Reaper and cut away the glitch/crackle that sadly persists to happen. Sorry :grimacing:

1 Like

yes. I know the pain. Thanks for checking.

In the last public beta 2.0.35 Cubase and Reaper are metioned to be something they are still working on. This makes me hope the issues get resolved and we get proper sync and glitchless audio.

Overbridge 2.0.37: Still no audio 'til the second bar, oh well… we wait

I still have those strange pitching at start, and I can’t record both digitone and digitakt (as I have to use asio from one of the machines) … I’m going to try in something else…

I tried the new Overbridge version yesterday but did not manage to get any sound. Reaper just did not seem to receive anything on the channels from the VSTi. However it tempo synched with reaper and I could also trigger the sounds from the VSTi, just not hear them. Can anyone confirm? If I just configured it wrong somehow, settings or an example project would be highly appreciated.

I use Reaper and Rytm mkii (but not OB… yet) and I get the glitches too. What I’ve done to avoid them is start with a blank pattern on the machine for the first 2 bars (or whatever length suits you) kinda like a pre-roll. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Have been working hard with Reaper and external synths and of course latency/sync issues.

While I was trying to find a solution/help, I came across a video on YT (will try to find again) where it was stated that for proper sync to engage, one should at least leave 2 seconds (or 2 bars I cannot recall surely) after the DAW start playing.

Not using Overbridge here but will try and test later.

Hope this helps.

This

Yes, this is the workaround I have been using ever since. It´s ok but not ideal.
Leaving 2 bars empty to give digitakt the chance to sync up with Reaper.
I hope the Elektron guys will adress this in a future update as it is really inconvenient and it works in other DAWs, so… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yep :slight_smile:
For me the issue is the fact that if you leave 2 bars empty to give DT a chance to sync with Reaper, you have to be working on a 2 bar pattern in DT. If not, then more sync issues as it seems the pattern deviates in DT.
Again if it works ok enough so that I can track DT in my DAW, I am ok with it.
Will have to give OB a go one of these days…

1 Like

I get quite a bit of latency in Reaper with my Digitone. Is that a compability issue?

Just did a quick test of the new Digitakt OS and version of OB and seems like we can record glitch free from zero if so desired. Thank you @elektron!

Does it really work now. Just like in other DAWs?
Unfortunately I am away from my studio for several weeks from now and can´t try myself.
This would be a biggie if it woud work correctly now. I am really excited.

I haven’t had time since my initial test, it was quick and simple, but it worked without having to wait til bar 2 to hear audio. I also pressed rec stop over and over and no problems. Likely the class compliant usb update solved the issues?

Ooohhh…
I might reconsider OB now :slightly_smiling_face: