Overbridge and Reaper

Thank you for all the replies. I thought that I am doing something wrong here.
Yeah, whom shall we talk to. First thing would be to find out who´s the one to blame.
I suspect overbridge :wink:

Sending a ticket to Elektron did not do anything. Didn´t even get any polite answer.
Compared to the Reaper forum…where every now and then Justin or Schwa chime in.

I think this should work as it obviously does in other DAWs. Reaper is widely spread in the audio community.

Thanks for this. I’m curious, though (I’ve never dug into the routing so much on Reaper)… what would I do to have those tracks to record in mono? Also, do I need the IN1 and IN2 tracks for anything?

To change the tracks to mono right click on the record arm button and under ‘record:output’ select mono.

The IN1 & 2 are the L+R inputs on the Digitakt, if you’re not using them then no

Good to know, thanks.

Has anyone found a workaround with Overbridge in Reaper yet? I’ve used the template, tracking the digitakt is hindering my workflow. When I hit record, and have the sync to clock and transport, it starts playing the pattern. Any workaround on that problem with anyone? The latency is immensely noticeable if it is not set to the highest sample rate. Tracking w/ the digitakt is such a pain. I can not finish a project efficiently with these problems.

Hi, how did you route the eight digitakt output to single tracks? I can load the DT vst, I should have set the outputs from the overbridge I/O page but I can’t route them.
thank you!!

OB is not working in Reaper for me either, but it is working great in Bitwig.

Win or Mac?

When you load the VST in repear does it all is you want to load multiple tracks? Or maybe it does that automatically?

Thank you for the answer!
I’m running Win 10

sorry but I didn’t understand what you mean, when I load the VST I can’t figure out how to have multiple audio tracks from overbridge, it doesn’t automatically nor I can do it manually :frowning:

Its reported fine on Win.

Hm. And you choose “load virtual instrument” for new track and choose the correct OB VST from your VST folder?

yes, I choose OB Digitakt. I tried to change the I/O settings on VST, now on track 1 I can get the output I choose from I/O matrix (plug-in pin connectors), but can do the same on other tracks

It seems to me that you may now have to open a bunch of new tracks and route the individual VST channel(s) to those.

I’m creating different tracks and routing, but only track1 works. there must be something I’m missing

Me too maybe…

Have you armed the other tracks to record?

no, even the track 1 isn’t armed but working.
tried to arm, no differences :frowning:

I haven’t checked in awhile so it might not work again. I doubt it. I can’t promise I can check tonight but will try.

Tin this thread or a different one someone posted a project file for it. Use the board search function to find.

Thank you very much for your help!!
I’ll check! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Search my name in the forums, I posted an RPP that should help to get you stared. The tracks are set up to record in stereo though, you may want to change them to mono for your project.

3 Likes

It’s working!!

but now my sound card doesn’t work - behringer FCA 1616 :cold_face:

1 Like

Not sure, but perhaps the Digitakt took over as being the main sound interface? Check your audio settings in Reaper?