Overbridge 2.0 Public Beta - Plugins, Drivers and Firmware

I know you know :wink:
Just directing folks toward where to find a more thorough examination of the routing process.

2 Likes

If I want to use my other soundcards in Osx, should I make an aggregate sound card with all of them?

I havenā€™t downloaded any updates but I did grab the manual and it has revealed the answers to most of the questions on here much quicker than the replies doā€¦ Just sayinā€¦ :slight_smile:

4 Likes

No. You can use your sound card as normally and simply use the plugins for getting sound from Elektron devices.
You donā€™t need to use Elektron devices at all as audio input device in your DAWs. Thatā€™s why they released their plugins :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I would download but win 7 here

Congrats on the OB beta and thanks for all the hard development work!

I have a Macbook Pro 2016 with 2 usb-c ports. Will I be able to connect both my Digitakt and Digitone and also supply power to my laptop? It sounds like using a USB hub may not work for this.

Any advice is appreciated.

1 Like

USB-C to USB-A adapters, with your original Elektron USB cable will work.
or USB-C to USB type B cables will also work. These are all on Amazon and run about $4-$6 ea

1 Like

Thanks, I have those cables already, but how do I connect both my Digitakt, Digitone, and my Mac power adapter to only 2 ports without a hub? Maybe Iā€™m missing something obvious.

Cool, thanks!

Ah, I understand.
Yes, youā€™ll want a hub.

Iā€™ve had success with this one , it doesnā€™t supply ā€œpower pass thruā€ where you can plug the laptop charger into it and run power and the hub from one usb-c port (those can be pricey and its hard to find one without issues), however it is relatively low cost and gets the job done with full throughput.

4 Likes

That sounds great, thanks!

1 Like

Thereā€™s a bit of discrepancy between the news post and the manualā€¦
News post:

Manual: (mentions hubs, but mostly when talking about older devices)

2 Likes

Is this where we post feedback as well?

MUTING and SOLOing using the global level mixer in the vst is doing nothing for me.
Using RYTM MKI.
Muting using the MASK does work.

This is a good day:) Seem to work as a charm. I have my Analog Four MKII with Studio One 4 and OB 2.0. Just need to understand how to get the separate tracks in S1. USB audio work:)

(Click on the post link for more instructionsā€¦)

5 Likes

yes same here, logic user

2 Likes

Hot damn is it a good day for music! Glad my macbook meets those requirements, but those specs seem kinda high for what OB is. Then again, Iā€™m not a software engineer, just a thankful Elektron user.

pissed win 7 user here. :slight_smile: i understand when you jump over win 8. but at the moment no one knows when win 10 works perfect. there are still many issues. many lazy company didnĀ“t deliver their (final) drivers. please win7

2 Likes

Windows 7x64 installed OK
but the driver in not signed!

Windows asked me 3 times if Iā€™m sure to install the driver.

1 Like

Oh this is goooood, thanks Elektron :heart_eyes: