Overbridge 2.0 Public Beta - Plugins, Drivers and Firmware

Even more actually, as I have official word that the digitone individual tracks over USB will be stereo (preserving unison stereo spread)

So 1/2 main out, (I suspect most likely selectable as stereo FX return feed only, like the A4)
3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 9/10 for the 4 voices
11/12 for 2 external inputs.

:slight_smile:

13 Likes

Got the standalone working just fine, but can’t get Ableton to recognize the plugins at all. Even after setting the .dlls in my custom VST folder and rescanning Abe seems to just ignore them. Any ideas?

on Windows 10?

Look for a folder called Elektron at the top of your plugins. Obvious, but you may have missed it.

Indeed!

Well done :+1:

1 Like

I did. I’ve got very few vsts to look through. They’re I. The folder but Ableton’s does not show them at all.

It’s tricky though. I see more outputs and inputs in ableton. l already have 12 from my interface and now there are more. So i enabled them all but when I hit play I dont see any fader action in the new channels yet. Still wrapping my head around it though.

And when you did the install you made sure the DIRs for the plugins were set to your proper folders? I wouldnt move them after the fact, if you thats what you did.

I’ll try a reinstall to set the vsts direct to the correct folder. You’re probably right about moving them.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem with no success, tried several times now.

As some people don’t know how multiple track outputs with VST plugins work, it’s quite simple. Here an explanation for Ableton Live.
Add a instance of Elektron plugins for each Elektron device you have. Then add a Live audio track for each track you want to record or process separately. In the audio input menu for the tracks select the Elektron plugin and it’s right track.

14 Likes

So far really great, I have a first request though.

Using a RYTM MKI
When saving a SOUND in Overbridge, could we get a checkbox or something to save the current KIT as well?

I ask this because when I tweak a sound I like to save it at a stage I like, and then tweak it some more, I can then use the RELOAD function to get back to where it was if I liked it.
However, currently when you save a sound it will not automatically load said sound into the KIT you are using atm. So RELOAD will not reload the SOUND just saved, but instead reload the SOUND currently stored in the KIT.

Also, I would love an option to Overwrite the current sound, currently it is only possible to save the SOUND you made, and then tweaked, as a new sound, which just results in a big list of the same named sounds.

Also available in the OB 2.0 Beta Manual : pg 35

5 Likes

This might be a stupid question, but before I update the firmware on a Heat MK1, Digitakt, Analogue 4 MK2, Analogue Rytm MK2…

• Dedicated USB host port for each Overbridge hardware device. USB Hubs are generally not supported and may cause problems with both connectivity and performance.

Please can someone tell me that this BETA works with multiple units simultaniously connected to Elektrons own USB powered hub OVERHUB?

Reinstall then selecting the plugin location from the installer solved the issue :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Man, thanks so much. The thing I was missing was the audio comes from the Plugin!

Duh! I can now start recording to test latency, etc. Thank you !!

1 Like

Sure, as long as you’ve got a MIDI cable running. Watch out for MIDI feedback loops, though!

I must have missed the manual. I was looking for it in all the zip files.

facepalm

I know. It’s just that many don’t read manuals :slight_smile: Saw this question coming up a few times.

3 Likes