Overbridge 2.0 Public Beta - Plugins, Drivers and Firmware

Thanks for the reminders everyone, but yeah, that was the first thing I did. Just making sure that I have the right OS installed properly again now too… yup, says 1.36b when the A4 boots. It must just be the Windows drivers don’t work under WINE.

VirtualBox will only run Windows in 32-bit mode for now too :frowning:

Sound card functionality is there, but no plugin at this time. :pray:

2 Likes

Driver is out but standalone and plugin aren’t yet.

2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification!

wait, so the +drive/other projects are recalled not just the project you load?

I have this up and runnng with a Digitakt in Win 10/Ableton. I need to figure out how to enable Multi outs which should be pretty easy, I am just missing it.

Observations - this hits the CPU hard. I had to go from 64 samples in my project to 128 on a fireface 802. It also adds 48 ms of latency to the project.

Start/stop is working perfect. before this I was using a sync box for the DT, which was nice. This so far, is even more respsonsive.

Concerns - when I open the plugin it tells me to sync everything via the plugin. I have no problem with this at all, but I have a Cirklon that I want to sequence the DT with. Yes, I know the DT has a sequencer, but the Cirklon is the best I have owned and I don’t want to give that up. So I need to figure out how to do this properly.

I am sure I am not the only one who uses hardware sequencers as their “brain”, so I am interested in other’s replies on this .

Something else I am missing - Somehow my computer audio (youtube, web…apple music…etc) is routing through the Digitakt now and not out of my built in audio card. How the heck did I manage this and how di I change it back?

2 Likes

Can you drag and drop samples from your computer to the Analog Rytm with OB?

Thanks!

So this is mostly an update for the mk2 models and Digitakt correct? Like there is nothing new/different for Rytm Mk1 or OT mk1 or AH mk1?

The installation has changed your default sound card to the digitakt. You can change this over at the speaker icon (bottom right of taskbar) easily. Your DAW should still hold the digitakt as selected output

3 Likes

Good news, yessss Thanks! :slight_smile: I can record my Digitakt in Ableton without any interface now - that’s great! Will be a long night. I haven’t figured out yet how to record all eight tracks individually. Any ideas?

OT has nothing to do with this.

For the AR you now have both DVCO / Transfer app and OB. Before it was one or the other.

2 Likes

Thank you! Fixed it.

On a side note. super easy way to sample from youtube into the DT!

3 Likes

No , you use transfer for that as far as I’m aware.

I just realized all you DT owners are finally getting OB. I’m excited for yall. Have fun!

6 Likes

Thanks for the reply!

I’m assuming the plugin is required to stream multiple audio channels and record simultaneously. Or is only the driver required for this? Sorry for so many questions. Just wondering where these leaves the Digitone, capability-wise.

2 Likes

there’s a manual … just sayin

2 Likes

quite a low download count considering the wait

I can’t download it at work :slight_smile:

For each machine.

The plugin can be used to record multichannel audio
Or you configure ableton the way you like ,
Typically channel 1+2 is main out
Channel 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 might be mono channels (eg digitakt has 8 streams)
11,12 are fx or maybe external inputs…I haven’t got it running in front of me.

Digitone wise it’s similar , there will be 1,2 for main out , 3,4,5,6 for each track , another 2 for fx and another 2 for external inputs .

But the digitone plugin / standalone app isn’t out yet , but you can stream audio as individual streams in ableton / overbridge configure app.

It can take a bit of working out , I suggest everyone take their time … don’t hit a snag and jump on here to instantly complain … I’m sure over the coming days more info / YouTube vids will appear to help everyone out…

And remember it’s a beta , if you get issues read up on how to report them , posting in here may not help anyone.

If in doubt , Check that your device is set to usb-overbridge mode … it’s a new option on all devices.
And that the usb lead is plugged in

9 Likes