Overbridge 2.0.53 Public Beta - Big Sur compatibility

Are you running Logic Pro in Rosetta mode?

using AR mkii/digitone in overbridge with live 11 and big sur, so happy!!!
thanks elektron.

1 Like

Strangely way to early with Big Sur and Ableton 11.0.2ā€¦Analog Rytm MK1

Had electron stuff for about 5 years now, never tried OB. Iā€™m running big sur. When I tried the Analog Heat MKII, the plug-in connected and I saw it controlling Heat but the audio just sounded like it was in bypass mode. I believe the audio was passing through the Heat via USB but no ā€œHeatā€ effect was heard. Am I doing something wrong, or is it a beta bug?

Are you using the standalone plugin or the VST/AU (in a DAW)? Could you describe how youā€™ve set things up? Overbridge really takes the Analog Heat to a new level in my opinion and Iā€™m happy to hear youā€™re giving it a go. What you experience is not a known bug.

1 Like

Iā€™m using the vst in Ableton 11, but havenā€™t tried it in another DAW yet, or standalone. I had the USB cable attached, OB mode on in system, shows up as active in OB, seems to control the parameters and stream the audio, but does not apply any heat to the sound.

I normally just use the heat as an external audio effect in ableton and hook it up with analog ins and outs to my audio interface. The reason I wanted to try OB was for making automating things quicker.

If youā€™re e.g. adding the VST to a return track, and then raise the corresponding send control for a playing audio track, are you hearing the effect then? Make sure to delete the VST if it is inserted anywhere else as you can only use one instance of it per device.

1 Like

Ok I will try it like that instead of as an insert on a track and report back.

Should work just as well as an insert, I basically just wanted to make sure the plugin was used correctly.

2 Likes

Iā€™m trying to update AR MKII from within bigSur via Transfer app.
It fails and I get ā€œUpgrade failed, checksum errorā€

1 Like

Same result as an insert on an FX return unfortunately. Iā€™m going to try it in logic and Cubase today. Maybe itā€™s an ableton thing.

So, in Ableton it doesnā€™t work as a VST, but the AU version does work for me in Ableton and Logic. As a VST, it sometimes half works when I click ACTIVE, but the sound is totally garbled and ultra-clipped sounding, otherwise the sound is basically bypassed when ACTIVE is set. In Cubase as a VST, the plugin exhibits the same behaviour as Ableton, but hasnā€™t given me any garbled or clipped noise when ACTIVE.

Perhaps some others are experiencing this? Iā€™m not sure, but it seems like the VST is just broken for me. (Big Sur, Ableton 11, Cubase 11 Pro)

Works great for me with Digitone and A4MK1 in Logic.

2 Likes

Please try this and let me know if it helps:

• Download the OS again, a corrupted download can potentially cause this.
  • Make sure youā€™re sending the correct OS .syx and not e.g. the MKI version or an unpacked .zip.
1 Like

Have you tried different audio routing settings?

ā€¢ In AUTO mode, Analog Heat automatically detects if the Overbridge plugin is running or not.
With Overbridge running, the Analog IN is not routed through the effect to the Analog Out (same
as OFF setting.)
ā€¢ IN+OUT Both Analog In and Analog Out are routed to the Analog Heatā€™s FX.
ā€¢ IN Routes the signal from Analog In to the Analog Heatā€™s FX.
ā€¢ OUT Routes the signal from the effect to Analog Out.
ā€¢ OFF Neither Analog In nor Analog Out are routed to the Analog Heatā€™s FX.

Also, make sure youā€™re indeed using OS 1.21 for the Analog Heat MKII along with Overbridge 2.0.53.

2 Likes

Yes, tried different settings. No luck unfortunately. Iā€™ll try and update the OS again.

Thanks Patrik,
I re-downloaded the OS via a different browser. Updated the firmware, all good, incl OB.

2 Likes

hey! Iā€™m having some trouble getting overbridge to work on Logic. Sometimes it works, other times it distorts the sound and gets really buggy :frowning: Did you change something for yours to work?

1 Like

Nope, I had the same issue with it not too long after. I had to play, stop, quit logic, etc to get it to be normal and then it would randomly act up again. Besides that though everything works fine.

Fwiw it works perfectly on Ableton right now for me so Iā€™ve just taken all Digitakt related stuff there. I got the 3 month free trial so you could do that and bounce whatever you need to Logic after until thereā€™s a full fix?

1 Like

This is due to a bug in Logic 10.6/10.6.1, and we have been collaborating with Apple to help them provide a solution as soon as possible. If the track the Overbridge plugin is loaded to is selected when playback starts it works correctly, but if a different software instrument track is selected the audio buffer breaks - resulting in the distorted sound. Since the issue isnā€™t on our side, we can do nothing but wait for Apple to release a bug fix version, unfortunately.

5 Likes