Overbridge 2.0.53 for macOS Big Sur - Public Beta

It rushes to catch up for about 2 bars here.

Not sure if it’s OB or Reaper 6 that’s the problem.

Sure thing. I made two logs. One with AR, DT and DN running and one with only AR running and dropping out. Not sure how to send them in a private message though :sweat_smile:

• MacOS 11.3.1
  • Digitakt
  • v 1.21

Transfer works just fine. Overbridge doesn’t see the device. In overbridge control panel, when I set usb config to Overbridge, it appears as a default device, but it states that “This device is currently disconnected from the system. Please connect the USB cable and enable overbridge mode”.
Tried reinstalling with unplugged cable and reboots after each step.

1 Like

Same with my AR.

Not Mac OS, but I, too, am having more device faults with AH MKII (1.21) on 2.0.53.2, with Win 10.

This time, it happened while attempting to save an INIT state to a save slot via the “save” button.
I will attempt to recreate this, but as others have said, it can be difficult to figure out exactly what does it.

EDIT: Confirmed.
On Win 10, saving a preset by hitting “save…” in the VST, will cause the plugin to freeze.
Eventually, OB Engine will report a fault.
Attempts to reconnect/power-cycle AH will not work; a full reboot is required.

(Feel free to move this to a different thread, if this is meant to be a Mac OS only thread.)

Fresh Install of Big Sur (11.3.1) on a new volume, and Overbridge is not seeing my DN. Works fine on an old Big Sur install that was updated from Catalina, and had previous OB installs.

SOLVED - idiot mistake, see posts below.

Says 2.0.47.1 in your screenshot

3 Likes

wtf, well spotted. Looks like I might have mixed up installers…Thanks for looking out.

Edit: Installed using the correct installer, and all is dandy. Thanks again @garf. Muppet of the year award goes to me…

4 Likes

I’m having some drop out issues with the beta version, everything runs smoothly and then y digitakt just runs on it’s own clock. To fix the issue I have to disable Overbridge and reactivate it sync up again with the computer

DT 1.21
OB 2.0.53.2
Big Sur 11.4 (just turned off automatic updates, my first Mac)

Should I be expecting the ability to multi-track here? VST doesn’t detect my DT, neither does the Engine.

Big dumb. Didn’t allow it in Preferences.

BibSur 11.4 OB doesn’t affect A4.

Hey, first time posting so might’ve been asked already but… Is there a date yet for the full Big Sur compatible Overbridge? Could really do with having the sound card functionality back for the A4 & AH

Welcome to the forum!

Elektron doesn’t pre-announce release dates. They will release it when they are confident that it is running well enough.

Thank you! Thought that may have been the case cheers

yep. Same thing happened to me. Very frustrated with myself for updating my computer but it was also auto.

Overbridge Engine is running. When I turn off the DT, overbridge shows it in red. I turn DT back on and it disappears. VST in logic not playing any sounds or showing as connected when I open it.

I just got an Analog RYTM MKI, and finally got it working to multitrack with Overbridge. I’m on a M1 Mac running the latest OS and all of the latest versions of OB and AR firmware.

I was only able to get it to work in Ableton, but still not working in Logic. I can’t get any of the multitrack plugins to load, and no audio to pass through.
Has anyone gotten this to work correctly in Logic?

Btw, I had a good RTFM moment getting frustrated with why the AR wasn’t working, but then saw I needed to open the Overbridge Control Panel to enable the individual outputs. I not all Elektron boxes require this but thought I would share.

Nor A4, not DT doesn’t work for me in Logic. Overbridge au just doesn’t load.
M1 latest OSX

Thanks @Stown for letting me know.

Does anyone know if Elektron acknowledged an issue in Logic, or is it more likely an issue with my setup?

New version that adds support for Digitakt OS 1.30 as well as sound card functionality via CoreAudio can be found here: Overbridge 2.0.59 for macOS Big Sur - Public Beta

2 Likes