Overbridge 2.0.37: tech discussion

there is an uninstaller in the elektron folder. So i guess you should always uninstall before install a new version. The uninstaller will ask you to restart too, need to be done before installing the new version.

2 Likes

Same here. I need to uninstall the 2.037 because with 1.50A firmware (Rythm Mk2) is not working.
Damn!

1 Like

It seems like there something is causing an issue for some Windows users if a previous version is already installed and if the following sequence has not been followed.

Uninstall, Reboot, Install, Reboot

If you still are having issues please report.
How to report an issue

7 Likes

When I install Overbridge 2.0.37 there are no 64 bit plugins in the VST folder just 32 bit.

Check in your 64-bit folder, it defaults to:
Program Files\VstPlugins

32-bit ones defaults to:
Program Files (x86)\VstPlugins

3 Likes

Ya you must uninstall before you update.

2 Likes

That link isnā€™t working on my computer.

FL studio canā€™t open the vst

My fault, edited the url after linking. It should work now. Sorry.

1 Like

Is anyone unable to get the Heat mkii VST detected? Catalina, Live 10.1.9, it doesnā€™t show up as available in the plugin (on a return or any other channel) but does in the OB panel.

on the sound card part I use a focusrite one (the 2i2), but I am not sure I should replace with DT as the sound card because the latency is almost double. thoughts on this? Am I doing something wrong or is this expected behaviour?
I am running a macbook pro 2018 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7.

Hi guys,
I do have an AR mk1 with OS 1.50; and a Mac OS10.12 .
Iā€™v installed and unistalled OB 2 a number of times but it seems that first doesnā€™t install neither the VST neaither the AU and then even the standalone app doesnā€™t find my machine, I have it green on the control pannel and on the engine the status is stucked on ā€œmeasuringā€.
What can I do? Install the beta of the OS?

You need OS1.50A

No, I think you should keep and use the focusrite as your main audio interface for your DAW and use Overbridge in parallel via the plugin and free up your audio interface inputs and outputs for other stuff. Even if other setups are possible and works, this is Overbridge main intended use case and where I feel itā€™s the nicest.

8 Likes

I installed it on El Capitan and everything works fine (I use it with Digitone), except a glitch on the Mod Wheel of my external keyboard, so when I move the ModW it goes down an octave automatically, like if there is an interference with the Pitch Bend when the Midi message is sent, and when I touch the PB it returns to normal.

this is a known issue iirc

Any plans for an option to disable the audio over usb now that itā€™s out of beta ? (To make it low latency ā€¦)

2 Likes
  • installed
  • tested
  • played with all kinds of automation, routing, CC stuff

:+1:t6::+1:t6::+1:t6:
solid! :heartpulse:

adding: you know what would be sick!? if there was a tab or maybe part of the master page or somethingā€¦a spot in which you could automateā€¦PATTERNS!
instead of having to go into the prog change editor in a DAWā€¦there was a pair of dials or something in the Elektron [box] VST, that could get clicked on or turned, that would send prog change data to your DAW and that you could record! :+1:t6:

7 Likes

Same here,

installed OB2 on macbook (OS 10.13.6) to work with AR1 (OS1.50) but canā€™t have it working, device is not recognized.
Installation done at least 4 times without any successā€¦

1 Like

They suggest to use 1.50A.
Tommorow Iā€™ll flash the OS on the AR and weā€™ll see.
Keep you posted.

2 Likes