Overbridge 2.0.37: tech discussion

I think this is a feature not a bug tbh.

Also, it’s slightly confusing in the manual, but IIRC the “USB To Main” affects how loud audio streamed over USB TO the DT/Digitone comes out of the main outputs?

Hey :slight_smile: Thanlks for the info but unfortunatly it is fully uninstalled and after a re-install and restart - I am on win10 prefessional - I is like it is not connected. If I switch from overbridge Mode to usb/Midi the device is recognized but obviously not usable with Overbridge :cry:

What the… !!! After the maybe 5th reinstall attempt the AR is back in the Overbridge Engine Lists… :heart_eyes: I am full of joy now but I also fear that It will be gone quickly :stuck_out_tongue: I have no Idea what it was but it’s working now LOL

1 Like

Hi, there!
I have the same issue. After adding VST plugins for my A4 mk1 and AR mk1 the constant noise doubles and it is unbearable.

When I add the VST plugin in Ableton (OSX) my Keystep Pro can’t trigger the Digitakt through Midi anymore, why is that? And when I remove the VST plugin it works fine again.

Thanks.

Hi Everyone ,

I wanted to see if anyone can reproduce this before I report it. You need a DT and Bitwig Studio 3.

The problem:
Bitwig Studio does not seem to work with the “Sync automatically on save” setting of Total Recall.

To test this:

1. initialize total recall
  2. enable sync on save
  3. makes some changes on the DT
  4. save the project in Bitwig
  5. reopen the project and choose “use plugin state”
    If your changes are gone, you have reproduced the issue

Best regards,

Gino

1 Like

Hey elektronauts ,

I already made a reddit post and support ticket about my issue…

But I figured might as well ask in the elektronaut tech discussion thread… Hopefully someone can help me out.
it has caused a full 8 hour day of frustration already trying to troubleshoot my problems.

My specs:

CPU: Intel i5-7300HQ 4-core 2.5GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: GTX 1050
DAW: Presonus Studio One 4
Audio Interface: Steinberg UR44
Overbridge version: 2.0.37
Digitakt: 1.11
Digitone: 1.21

I have a seperate usb3.0 port for both my Digitakt and Digitone.
I also tested both cables and they seem to be functioning.

Any warning messages in the elektron vst have been resolved.

these are the moments crashes occur :
When I drag in a digitakt instrument into a track it seems to work fine for a few minutes, but it still crashes after a while.
When I drag in a digitakt and then a digitone into another track it crashes immediatly.
When I (stupidly) drag in a digitakt and then another digitakt into another track it crashes immediatly. When I have the devices on during the start up of the DAW it crashes.
When I turn the devices on before draggin in the tracks it crashes.
When I turn the devices on after dragging in the tracks it crashes.
When I redownload overbridge 2.0 it still crashes.
When I turn on the digitakt and do nothing it crashes.
When I switch usb ports it crashes.
When I switch cables it crashes.
When I have both the digitakt and digitone turned off but opened a digitakt track it crashes in about ~5min of idle.
When I press start in my DAW to go back to the home page of said DAW , it crashes. (doesnt occur in projects where overbridge vst is not loaded in)
When I press x to close the vst window it crashes.

This is very frustrating and makes it completely unusable. Does anyone have a clue what the problem might be? I have been googling a lot today and I am at my wits end.

cheers and thanks for whoever can help.

edit: rolled back to beta version 2.0.21 & 2.0.017 & 2.0.19 all have the same problem for me.
besides running these in the latest studio one 4 , i also ran the VSTs in the latest studio one 3. Exact same issues.

Standalone apps of the digitone and digitakt work fine.

The buffer size in my control panel is the same as my audio interface.

The vsts kill the host even when both my hardware elektron devices are turned off.

Edit: ok just tested it in ableton 10 and here it crashes too, it seems to be something thats not talking nicely with my pc.

Edit: no corrupt files in command prompt.

edit: added screenshot image

FINAL edit:

I have seemed to fixed the issue. Yes I had all my drivers up to date even my videocard drivers HOWEVER nvidia releases both studio and gaming drivers. if you have the latest gaming drivers it tells you youre completely up to date, however you need the studio drivers to be able to use overbridge. image

so for anyone thats running into crashing issues with overbridge 2 this seems to be the fix :slight_smile: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx download the drivers here.

2 Likes

Anyone else having this problem? OB is unusable for me.

Hi @Olle

its been 7 days since @Portray asked a similar question regarding studio one 4 and crashes with overbridge 2 in this post.

Do you have any updates? It would be nice to know what we can expect as studio one 4 users. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Portray I have posted a fix in my above comment, it seems to be rather weird and the errors dont tell you whats going on, but perhaps youre having the same issue :slight_smile: let me know!

They are next to the download on https://www.elektron.se/support/?connection=overbridge

or just follow this text for the windows one
https://www.elektron.se/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/changelog.txt

mac:
https://www.elektron.se/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/changelog.txt

I had the same problem with the Digitone connected via USB to a Caldigit TS3 plus, which is a thunderbolt 3 hub. Once connected to a normal usb3 hub, no problems anymore.

I’m having a weird issue with OB and Digitone on my Mac (Catalina). Everything works as it should, except for when I play something every ~30 secs or so, the audio drops for a split sec, then comes in again, sounding like a tape speeding up for a few secs, and then it goes back for normal. Like the sequence gets faster and also the pitches go up. It’s very strange. Haven’t seen this issue mentioned. Any ideas?

If you’re using Ableton Live there is a potential temporary work around you can use.

Turn off “Delay Compensation” in the “Options” menu in Ableton Live. Then you can mute the audio on the Overbridge plugin channel and listen from the Hardware outputs on your Elektron Device instead.

Yeah you still get CPU cycles being used from the muted out of sync audio, but you don’t have the added 18ms latency (or whatever) from the plugin affecting everything else.

It works for me so I can use the Overbridge plugins for automation and total recall but not get latency.

I use a Quantum 2 currently and only have about 1.6ms of output latency (3.45ms if I’m using audio inputs) using this method.

I tested by playing a kick on each Elektron and also on a drum rack. Everything sounded perfectly in sync (no phase offset on the kick transients between all devices).

4 Likes

I installed Overbridge 2 and I have a problem.
It only recognizes the machines in the plugin, if I change the preferences of the machines to Midi-USB if it recognizes the daws.
Does anyone else pass this problem on Mac?
Is there any solution?

Thank you

1 Like

I have the same issue with OB. It drops out of speed/timing after a few bars. Seems to happen most of the time when also turning a knob on the Digitone. Especially when start recording in Ableton. Makes it pretty useless for live recording / jamming while tracking multiple channels through OB. Thinking about abandoning this workflow for now. Must say that I use the device pretty extensively both midi and usb audio, so this might be overload.

2 Likes

Sonic State video from the Superbooth 20HE serie with @Dataline demonstrating Overbridge 2
https://youtu.be/lY8FRfTgGKA

4 Likes

I’m planning to buy new computer for music production and currently deciding between new mac mini or small size pc build.

What would you recommend for running Overbridge 2 ?
Which platform is known to be the most stable with OB ?

Logic is solid over here.

Mac OS 10.13.3, Ableton Live 10.1.3
“Velocity to volume” is set to Off on the plugin, but not in the synth. It eventually works after a few attempts.
I’ve had weird stuff happening in this section.

Also, double-clicking on Ratio Offset should bring the default, 0. Instead it sets it to -1.000.