Overbridge 2.0.37: tech discussion

Logic is solid over here.

Mac OS 10.13.3, Ableton Live 10.1.3
ā€œVelocity to volumeā€ is set to Off on the plugin, but not in the synth. It eventually works after a few attempts.
Iā€™ve had weird stuff happening in this section.

Also, double-clicking on Ratio Offset should bring the default, 0. Instead it sets it to -1.000.

Well, after 10 minutes of tests with my Digitone, itā€™s damn buggy.
Iā€™m only interested in the total recall function + separate tracks in the DAW.
On Ableton Project load, the parameter seem to recall correctly on the DN, but not on the plugin screen. Then it hangs after a while and refreshes the values after re-hitting on the ā€œload plugin stateā€ message on the DN.

Also a request :
it would be nice to specify a default (automatic) setting tfor total recall when loading new DAW files.

Another request :
Regarding the workflow with a DAW, it could be nice if the Digitoneā€™s track selection buttons could output MIDI. So they could be use to arm their respective tracks in the DAW.

Digitone : a lot of Modulation Destinations are missing in the LFO section. But they are correctly displayed after being set on the Digitone Hardware.
Phase reset is automatically added to the parameters when clicking ā€œconfigureā€ on the plugin in Ableton (in order to add automatable parameters). Why ?

(Maybe itā€™s not the good place to discuss bugs ? There seem to be soooo many, so stop me now !)

Thank god finally no more ā‰ˆ18ms added USB latency, canā€™t believe itā€™s been that long. Cheers!

2 Likes

Hey guys I just got the Arturia Keystep Pro and while Iā€™m using the Overbridge VST (for my DT) Ableton crashes everytime I attempt to assign Midi parameters on Ableton to one of the 5 KSP upper right corner Control knobs (it proceeds but then Ableton crashes and exit, every single time), making it unusable.

Do you reckon you could fix this conflict quickly in the next beta? Is there any work around? Because Arturia seem to be very slow to address the crazy number of bugs, looks like their firmware is not even half finished and beta testedā€¦

Using Ableton Live 10.4 and OSX Mojave 10.14.6 (I made sure to ignore the latest 2 macOS security updates so itā€™s not related to Catalina/macOS security updates).

I agree and was torn between using the benefits of OB and not having latency. Iā€™ve been working hard to get my latency to next to nothing (Presonus Quantum 2 purchase a while back for that exact reason).

Luckily Iā€™ve been in a problem solving headspace lately and so the workaround was born :boom: :laughing:

2 Likes

Are you powering on the KSP before opening Ableton?

Yes always powered up. Seems to be a ā€œMidi feedback loopā€.

As soon as I remove the Midi cable from KSP out to Digitakt in, no more crashes.

But then my KSP can no longer trigger my Digitakt, itā€™s sort of defeating the point.

Try opening Ableton first. This has solved many crashes with my own Controller.

2 Likes

No sound is coming out of the plugin in Cubase.

Stand alone version is working great.

Mac OS X 10.14.6
Cubase 10.5.12

Okay FYI after speaking to Arturia support itā€™s fixed this way.

In Keystep Pro settings > Utility > Controller > Knob 1/2/3/4/5 > Port > Usb

This way no more conflicts and Ableton crashes.

And transport working too: for that you have to select in Ableton preferences ON for track, sync, remote only for the inputs, and leave the outputs blank, and press Ext. This way the KSP controls Ableton transport and still controls the Digitakt through Midi out fine too.

2 Likes

Yesterday, Catalina warned me that the current Elektron components wouldnā€™t work with a future version of Catalina. Something missing from MacOSā€™s new signing/authentication system?

Not a problem for now, and Iā€™d hope that Elektron has it in hand. Didnā€™t make a note of the specific component, but will do if it pops up again.

So other than that warning things have been good in Cat? Iā€™m still in Mojave and am starting to think Iā€™ve waited long enough. Time to update?

Ymmv, but itā€™s been OK for me on Catalina.

1 Like

Hi Guys,

Was just curious(and hoping) there may be some improvements coming to Cubase(Im on Pro 10.5) with Overbridge 2.0? Since the official release Iā€™m still having issues with my AH Mk2 via Overbridge in Cubase. Im on Mojave 10.14.6 as well. The plugin will open, but whenever I try to click on any menu I get the long rolling OSX pinwheel and will sometimes have to wait a minute or more for the plugin to update. The same will happen if I try to open the plugin if it was closed for a while. My Digitone seems to work great on the latest versions in Cubase and havenā€™t tried my other boxes yet(AR Mk2 and A4 Mk2). Logic seems to work perfectly(I know that Logic was on the list of fully supported DAWs).

Thanks very much

You might be able to help me with this since I havenā€™t gotten a responseā€¦ how do you actually get audio out of your Digitone VST in Cubase? Iā€™m on Cubase 10 on a Mac and I feel like Iā€™m missing something because the plugin will look like itā€™s reacting to what the digitone is doing in terms of playing the trigs, but when I try to monitor it, Iā€™m getting no audio.

Thanks!

Hi guys re my Digitakt when I attempt to use my Keystep Pro as Master with Ableton Ext on and Overbridge 2.0 VST on, I experience a 2 second delay before the Digitakt is triggered from starting the KSP (I put a midi cable between KSP out and DT in but itā€™s being ignored as soon as VST is on). Is there any way I can cut that delay? Any of you manage to make Overbridge work with external midi sync? Is it a feature that OB is supposed to support yet? Do I need to set specific parameters in OB, on the Digitakt menu itself and in Ableton? Cheers.

500 euro multiclock solutions are not on the horizon for me just yet :slight_smile:

Iā€™m trying to live stream using the digitakt as my audio interface. I have two synths coming through the external inputs. When I monitor it through my computer headphone out everything is fine. When I open OBS or other streaming software I only get sound from digitakt main out but the external inputs donā€™t go to the main out in overbridge so they donā€™t come through. In overbridge Iā€™ve got the external input selected for monitoring.

Good Godā€¦I got it working finally!!! Had to install it a few times, and then figured out that I needed to switch ā€œAnalog In/Outā€ to ā€œAutoā€ on my Analog Heat. Thatā€™s 2 days of head scratching behind me. Also realized I didnā€™t have to use the AH vst as a return. Now I have a new soundcard/processor. This is gonna be so amazing!! Thank you Elektron!!

1 Like