Overbridge 2.0.30 Public Beta

Works on Catalina! Digitakt 1.11, iMac 27’’ (end of 2013) Intel i5 processor. Keep the good job!

No luck with Catalina 10.15.2 and Overbridge 2.0.30.3 on a MacMini i7 2018.
My Rytm MKI, Heat MKI and Digitone have the latest OS installed, Overbridge mode is active but the Overbridge engine doesn’t recognize any device.
When I put them in USB MIDI mode at least Transfer recognizes all devices but I would like to use Overbridge…

Any luck fixing it on your end? I am getting no where. :frowning:

I found a strange solution now. All the three devices are connected to an Overhub. When I disconnect and reconnect the Overhub from the Mac all the devices are suddenly listed in the Overbridge engine.
After restarting the Mac there’s just the Rytm in the list and I have to reconnect the Overhub again to see also the other 2 Elektrons. So far I have to do this after every restart of my Mac.

I forgot to mention I uninstalled and reinstalled Overbridge one time. After this reinstallation the Rytm appeared for the first time in the Overbridge engine and after reconnecting the Overhub the Heat and the Digitone also appeared.
But I still have to reconnect the Overhub after every restart of the Mac.

Yea, same for me, except with A4 MK1. (16" MBP i9, OS 10.15.2)

1st install did the standard driver denial and I went to System Prefs/Security Privacy to allow it to run. But the A4 still wouldn’t show up.

Uninstall, reboot.
Install, The 2nd install remembered that I gave it permission and so installed it anyway , reboot.

A4MK1 shows up fine now, as does Analog Keys.

1 Like

Wanted to confirm that this also worked for me. Something is definitely timing out and/or breaking when macOS gives you the warning. They need to put a wait/promise/pause/whatever in the install, that keeps checking to see if you’ve fixed it in the Privacy settings, before it finishes installing.

16" i9, Catalina 10.15.2, OB 2.0.30.3

** sorry for the multiple replies, something wonky was happening

1 Like

Hm that’s interesting to know. Planning on going to Catalina (clean wipe) after a big gig tomorrow night, I wonder if I’ll have the same problems.
Thanks to people here that have taken the plunge and reported issues!

1 Like

So is there like a 64 bit version of this, none of the plug ins are showing up in abelton live 10…

Have you tried rescanning for VSTs?

I have an early 2013 15” MBPr 2.8Ghz, 16gb ram, 512gb ssd, and running OS X Catalina with all O.G. parts. I can say, without question, that this version of Overbridge is working flawlessly on my system. My DAW is Logic Pro X with the lowest latency settings that are available in the preferences. My audio interface is an Apollo Twin Duo, but I don’t think it makes much of a difference to voice that it works with OS X Catalina.

Edit: I installed OS X Catalina after a clean wipe of the hard drive, though.

yup, tried every step, still no luck reinstalled everything several times, tried all the different VST folders plus in folders everything, no luck in abelton 10 windows 10

On the Digitone, there is no FX Return Channels available for recording, which leaves me with only dry tracks.

It would be nice to record the Digitone effects since they sound so great.

Will this be a permanent situation or this will be a future feature?

The FXs are on the main out as a send👍 Just route the voices to not go there in the audio routings on the Digitone.

3 Likes

I would never have thought about that, huge thanks!!

Are you on Ableton Live?

If so, Insert an Audio Track :

Audio from : Digitone, Post FX

On the Digitone : Settings > Audio Routing :

Route To Main 3/7 (T1, T2, T3, T4 have to be red - SYN2, FLTR, AMP have to be green)

Send To FX 6/6 (everything has to be green)

Don’t forget to Mute and/or to set the Volume down on the MIDI Track that contains the Digitone Plugin. This way you won’t Sum the signals.

2 Likes

I just did it and it works :smiley: I also was a bit worried about the track levels being very low, but the signal is so clean that I can just crank it up anymuch I want with Utility and it still sounds 100% authentic!

Thanks for the help this is very appreciated!

I’m on Catalina and sysex librarian worked for me and my digitone. Just updated yesterday.

1 Like

Hi, no luck :disappointed:
I have tried all suggestions discussed in these threads. I upgraded to windows 10 after trying an install with windows 8, it may work to reinstall windows and clear all apps although I’m reluctant to try this yet. I haven’t tried an overhub but can’t see how this will help. I’ve tried disabling firewall but still I get the rollback issue on install, all electron boxes are most recent firmware. :sleepy:

I’m no expert, but it sounds like you may have components from a previous install that are preventing a new install.

I use a free program called “USBDeview” that is useful to provide some visibility on whats happening with the usb connections and the associated drivers. It allows you to uninstall drivers associated with specific ports. Maybe you can try that, and use it to uninstall any elektron drivers, then reboot and try the overbridge install again.

1 Like