Overbridge 2.0.30 Public Beta

Hi there,

I am trying to use Ableton to control my Digitone via overbridge.
I can route my external midi keyboard to the digitone and if I play or record a sequence, it only seems to send it to the track 1, even using different midi channels it only send sequences to track 1. anyone knows how I can route midi channels to different tracks on the digitone? Ideally sequencing via ableton to all different tracks.

thanks

I can not update via transfer ā€¦ the download remains in the middle ā€¦ solutions ?? : |

Same problem here. Upgraded from the previous OB beta. Neither OB engine or OB control panel sees my A4. I feel stupid because before updating I though ā€œdonā€™t try to update, most things are working right now and youā€™ll just waste your timeā€. Tried a couple of reboots and different order of turning things on like shutting down the engine turning on the a4 and reopening the engine etc. but all to no avail. The version of osx Iā€™m running doesnā€™t really have any software or driver specific settings under privacy & security, suspect thatā€™s a catalina thing?

Full specs:
A4 MKI os 1.40
Mid 2014 mbp running osx 10.12.6
A4 on dedicated usb port

Edit;
Reverted to previous ob version and A4 is recognized again.

Just as a quick aside or whatever; itā€™d be nice if the ob installer would feature a little pop-up or whatever before you press install reminding you that your elektron deviceā€™s usb shouldnā€™t be connected during installation of ob especially since the ob manual isnā€™t bundled in with the ob download neither are any installation instructions. Itā€™s a bit ā€œthereā€™s some vital info to ensure a correct installation, best put it away from anything to do with the installer.ā€
I of course forgot this during the first install then remembered this info when seeing that ob wasnā€™t seeing anything, so went through the uninstall/install process again (man thatā€™s a lot of rebooting) this time with my a4 disconnected. Didnā€™t solve the issue though.

I spent a lot of time trying to connect my new Digitone to my Macbook Pro(Late 2019, macOS 10.15.2) to use the outputs to record what I created and than mix it in DAW.
What I did:
I installed the 2.0.30 beta (several times).
I enabled Overbridge on my Digitone
I updated from 1.2.1 to the Firmware 1.2.1 that is linked here.
I connected, disconnected the device serveral times, I rebooted my mac several times.
There is no ā€œdriver authorisationā€ in my system settings, that I can allow.
I need to use a ā€œhubā€, because the newer macbooks donā€™t have normal USB Ports anymore.

What ever I do, Overbridge does not see the Digitone.
Sidenote: I tried to use Transfer to send over the firmwareupdate to the digitone, it didnā€™t work. I choose the right Midi Ports, click connect, the device shows up in the device list with status ā€œConnectedā€ but no transfer-Window is shown.

Really frustrated, because the direct-Audio Recording via Overbridge is one of the selling points for me :frowning:

A lot people mention to install an older OB Version. I am not able to find it here. Anyone so kind and provide me a link?

Thanks.

Got myself an old iMac 21.5 mid 2011. high Sierra, 12gb i5 2.5 quad cores , ssd and hdd , and finally I have OB working, 14 tracks 24bit (DT 27ms latency and A4 mk1 35ms ).

Iā€™ll get asp 800 today, then i will test this two machines plus 10 audio card inputs,

Elektron Transfer 1.1.0 (Mac) ā€” Mar 26, 2018
Elektron Transfer tool for transferring samples and firmware updates to Digitakt, Analog Rytm MKI/MKII, and Model:Samples. (Mac version, compatible with macOS 10.9 and up)

try sysex editor https://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/

about allowing elektron driver, i had to do it on high sierra, i think you are missing something out. This is what i did on high sierra

https://www.denondj.com/kb/2437/

if you hadnā€™t done anything like that, i believe that should be your problem.

I did the exact same thing. During the installation I was asked to permit the installation, I did so, than restarted. I mentioned that point, because the Overbridge points out, that I might have to allow the driver to work :wink:

I used SysExLibrarian to upload the Firmware, that worked great (after some tweaking to make it faster).

I hoped to find the last OB Version (2.0.20?)

Will try an older macbook for it. It is mainly to record the audio, so it should not have to do muchā€¦

I donā€™t know if i understand you correctly, but permitting driver to install, and permitting driver to work afterwards are two separate things you need to do.

Thanks! That did it! I did some searching and found out a: where to find installed drivers, b: find out, what drivers are loaded and after I found out, that the overbridge-driver was indeed non loaded c: how to load them manually.
After I did so, overbridge runs fine! Whooo, I am soo happy, as this is exactly what I wanted. Super easy multitrack recording. For celebration I ordered a Digitakt, because I need a drum machine and that finalized the decision!
Thanks again for your help and the hints!

1 Like

Yeah, me too.
Iā€™ve been waiting for it to be fixed.
Still PB & MW do not get sent over USB to Digitone. What a bummer!

Use ā€œExternal Instrumentā€ instrument. Set it like that:
ā€œMIDI Toā€ Elektron Digitone
Channel Ch. 2, 3 or 4
However audio will go to the track with the Digitone VST plugin

Iā€™ve found a workaround.
If you add ā€œExternal Instrumentā€ insturment in Ableton and chose in ā€œMIDI Toā€ ā€œElektron Digitoneā€ - instead of " Digitone" then data to the Digitone hardware is sent over its USB virtual midi port rather than through the Digitone VST and PB & MW do work in that scenario.

hehe, you are welcome :smiley: i know how it feels,
this is the first time OB is actually working for me, and itā€™s feels great!
I should trust elektron programers more, it takes some time, but they are getting there, end now when i actually had a chance to try it out in my studio, i get why is taking so long, it is really big endeavor, and well worth the effort:muscle:

Iā€™ve got the 2.0.24.11 installer but Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s okay to share a link?

No Problem, got it working with the latest release

1 Like

Hi. Iā€™m on Catalina with latest Overbridge beta using Digitone and Live 10. My MIDI controller is an Arturia Keylab. All works well, except I canā€™t figure out how to set the midi routing so that I can play each Digitone track 1-4 with the controller keyboard to trigger the patch. Track 1 is all I can trigger - despite changing the midi channel on the Keylab. The Overbridge AU doesnā€™t allow setting of the midi routing so Iā€™m a bit lost. Iā€™m sure Iā€™m being an idiot - but can anyone help?

Iā€™ve posted the exact same problem. Did you get a solution?

Works for me, even with a Virus TI attached in addition. Possibly itā€™s just the usual: we didnā€™t test it so we canā€™t take any guarantees.

Although the Virus TI was very unstable in the beginning and suddenly started working. As there is no real reason for that I donā€™t trust itā€¦

Have you checked the midi channel settings? You set the incoming channel there.

On the DN? Theyā€™re set to 1/2/3/4 for the corresponding track.