Overbridge 2.0.30 Public Beta

Yes, thank you for mentioning. This happens for me too with an Analog 4 (my only ob-supported hardware, so I picked only the A4 support) on Catalina. Was wondering why it was not detected until I saw your post.

Iā€™ve tried the same, with the Digitakt, but didnā€™t work.

I donā€™t know what to do ā€¦ :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I have also noticed that it now fails to uninstall my last successful version install of Overbridge, which is 2.0.19.2 Beta. This is so bizarre and I am so stuck. Anyone?

Desperate for help.

Thanks for the update! Iā€™m still having trouble accessing the Aftertouch, Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel and Breath Control via MIDI. I have the Digitone set up in Overbridge mode with a Midi keyboard connected to Ableton and separate midi tracks routing the channels 1,2,3,4 of my Keystep to the MIDI in of the Digitone VST. This works to separate out the channels and transmits Velocity information (I can see this updating on the VST gui in realtime) but not PB, MW, BC or AT. Any ideas?

Had the same issue, downgraded to .24 and issue was fixed.
running 10.11.6 and rytm mk1 was not showing

Same problem here for me MacOS 10.12.6 Overbridge 2.0.30 doesnā€™t recognise my analogue 4 mk2 ā€¦ back to .24 device is recognised ā€¦

1 Like

Just updated to Catalina. Updated new Beta Overbridge. Nothing working in Ableton 10. Transfer not working. Nothing blocked in System Preferences.
The device youā€™re trying to connect doesnt support transfer. From Digitakt. Digitone the same.
So what do i do now?

3 Likes

Just wanted to report. very happy with 2.0.30 Public Beta and Catalina. Iā€™m using an Aggregate device with the UAD Apollo and Overbridge (Analog Rytm) in Logic Pro X. Itā€™s working great! I did have some issues with a faulty USB -> USB C adapter, but once I figured that out it has been working for hours with no crashes or problems. Cheers!

3 Likes

im in exactly the same situation :frowning:

Mainstream support from Microsoft for Win8.1 ended Jan 8 2018. Almost no software vendor will officially support the platform because of this and new development is not tested. Some things may work if you hack around but are not supported officially.

1 Like

Another one for the ā€œno devices recognized on macOSā€ issue :raising_hand_man:

No luck with the A4 mk2 or the Rytm mk2. Theyā€™re both working as normal on Windows via Parallels, but wonā€™t show up on macOS.

Catalina (10.15.2), OB 2.0.30.3, A4 1.40A, Rytm 1.50A

1 Like

updated to OSX MOJAVE

Now it Works

I havenā€™t been able to get Overbridge to recognize my Analog Rhythm Mk 2. Iā€™ve posted requests for help everywhere, but no one has responded and my time for returning the AR2 ā€“ if, in fact, it is defective ā€“ is diminishing. Iā€™d rather not return the AR2 if it isnā€™t the problem, so I hope that someone will help me.

Iā€™m using a MacBook Pro with MacOS 10.12.6 (Sierra), the latest version of Overbridge (2.0.33) installed and the latest firmware on my AR2 (1.50). Iā€™m hesitant to upgrade because of all the negative reports concerning Catalina.

Iā€™ll try installing Overbridge on my Dell XPS-13 running Windows 10 just to see if I have better luck there. None of my New York clients use Windows for music, though.

Cedre: How did you even find Mojave?

Iā€™ve got Sierra installed, and High Sierra and El Capitain installers saved on an external drive, but when I go to the app store, I can only download Catalina.

updated to OSX MOJAVE

Now it Works

===========

I have exactly the problem as you, stefkob. Iā€™m running MacOS 10.12.6 and am trying to get Overbridge 2.0.32 to recognize my Analog Rytm Mk 2. I had no choice but to upgrade to Sierra because the Overbridge Engine wouldnā€™t install under the older OS.

Nothing is blocked under System Preferences > Security and Privacy and my AR2 is set to Overbridge Mode. Iā€™m afraid to upgrade to Catalina because so many users are having issues with it, and because that OS blocks various kinds of hardware and I installed a Samsung SSD.

Same problem here for me MacOS 10.12.6 Overbridge 2.0.30 doesnā€™t
recognise my analogue 4 mk2
ā€¦ back to .24 device is recognised

Svaha:

Youā€™re one of the few users who has both Catalina and Overbridge installed and working. What Mac model are you using and which version number of Catalina is installed?

A few weeks ago I wrote about my experience getting OB 2.0.24 and then 2.0.30 (kind of) working in my win7 setup. I had constant issues getting the plugin to connect to the engine when opening a project in bitwig. I found some hacky ways to force a connection and was reasonably happy that it worked at all.

Then I read that win7 would receive no maintenance updates after Jan 2020. I also read I could update my system to win10 for free. And I watched a few vids that made it look so painless that I went ahead and did it.

It was not painelss. It took me 2 full days to work through the maze. But having done that, I have OB 2.0.30 up and running and working without any of the problems I experienced with win7.

Iā€™ll just add this for anyone considering doing the same:

• The update with ā€œkeep existingā€¦ā€ failed for me 3 times before I gave up.
  • The clean update (from a USB drive) worked first time and was activated using my existing win7 key
  • motu midi express 128 is not working (latest available drivers from 2013)
    UPDATE: Finally got this working by uninstalling drivers, disconnecting device, then installing drivers intended for motu M2, reconnect device, reinstall midi express drivers. (Suck on that motu :astonished:)
  • motu 8A working fine
  • amazinglyā€¦ audiophile 2496 sound card works using win7 drivers from 10 years ago!

Addendum:
Rebuilding a system can be very frustrating, especially when things seem like they are just getting worse. After I gave up trying to get the moto midi express 128 working, I turned my attention to the moto 8A. Will it finally work in a USB 3 port? Shot answer: NO! Oh well, Lest just make music and be happyā€¦ except now Iā€™m getting audio dropouts about every 10 to 15 seconds - not complete dropout - just slight volume reduction for a second. Argh!!! Another few hours in google trying to find an answerā€¦ Nothing! Ok, so by now Iā€™ll put up with anything. Just want to make music. Then after another hour I notice that the voxengo span plus plugin is telling me it is in demo mode and so its gonna mute the output every now and then :slight_smile: :weary:

But throughout this entire ordeal, overbridge has been totally working - which makes all the pain more bearable.

2 Likes

https://support.apple.com/en_US/downloads

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/macos-mojave/id1398502828?ls=1&mt=12

Catalina 10.15.2
2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 MacBook Pro 2019.

I have a Windows machine which Iā€™ve been using for Overbridge 2.0.x up to this point, so it was a completely clean install of Overbridge.

1 Like

Using a Mac 2008 Unibody Aluminum with Core 2 Duo, upgraded 8GB of RAM and Win 7 dualbooting on an SSD. Just to see if it worked while on vacation, installed OB 2.0.30 beta and all seems to be working fine. Have been able to capture audio, route from computer through DT and DT through computer. Really cool to see it works at all on this older beast, but it remains a pretty decent laptop despite the lack of good battery options.

1 Like