Overbridge 2.0.24 Public Beta

yeah I had my power supply switched with the octatrack for some reason I coulda swore I had it right kinda strange how it still powerd on man

1 Like

We’ve moved 542615b.rbf to your quarantine because it was infected with IDP.ALEXA.51

me too :disappointed_relieved:

Hi, does the sequencer send MIDI via Overbridge or is it only sent over USB MIDI, I’m receiving MIDI to Ableton when USB Config is set to USB MIDI, though no joy when it’s set to Overbridge?

My AR MKII settings:
MIDI Out per track enabled (Fn+Trig)
USB Config > Overbridge
MIDI Config > Port Config > Output To > USB
MIDI Config > Port Config > Output Ch > TRK CH

Are intel Xeon processors still not officially supported? I didn’t realize when I built a 2012 CMP that they weren’t but this latest update fixed all the issues I had. The only problem I currently have is if I try and change in/out routing or bitdepth, while in bigwig, the whole system crashes.

Upgraded to the latest Overbridge and AR MKI. Now I cannot get audio to come through in Ableton.

If I go to the standalone Analog Rytm app I am able to here audio once I go into the capture audio settings and turn on all the tracks. However once I close this app and then open the plugin in Ableton I hear nothing.

Research a little bit and it looks like both these are quite common false positives. I suggest that you submit these detections to Symantec and Avast and we will continue to look into it here.

2 Likes

Thanks
I successfully installed OB by disabling then re-enabling Bitdefender post install.

1 Like

Hi, does anybody experiencing issue like - Every time when I connect Digitone or Digitakt (I have only this two devices) to my mac the Overbridge engine starts initializing -> measuring -> idle and cycling back to initializing. I’m not using of any usb hubs, latest version of firmware and overbrdige installed. Mackbook pro 15 under macOS Mojave 10.14.6

When trying to add Overbridge plugin for Analog Rytm to a track in Ableton I get a “Failed to create Audio Unit - Audio Unit could not be opened” error.

OS X v10.10.5, Overbridge v2.0.24, Ableton v9.7.7

Should this setup be working ok?

Or is it best to do either of these…

1/. downgrade Overbridge again?
2/. update OS X to the latest version before Catalina (ongoing issues with some software in Catalina obvs)?

take from this what you will - but upgrade at your own risk - best to keep a clone of your system if possible

In terms of general compatibility with various software, not OB/Elektron stuff

I recently jumped from 10.9 to 10.13/10.14 and it was less traumatic than I imagined, but there were casualties and I was broadly able to clone everything just in case

Finding a High Sierra Installer or Mojave one may be tricky, but the stuff is out there, it’s just that apple may make it hard to find and direct you to Catalina - they will hook you up via apple support though

It worked! but is weird that you can’t live record, for it to play the sequence it has to be -2 oct. For my TR-8 -24 would be the Bass Drum and so on. Hope they fix it sometime soon.

1 Like

As it is so obvious, problematic and presumably simple to rectify, it really should be soon, but who knows

Thanks for the advice. I’m taking from what you’ve said that the best thing to do would be to update OS X. I’ve always got an up to date clone, for sure.

I’ve kept this version of OS X running for a while as everything was stable and updating on my work computer hasn’t been too good, but I knew the day would come when I’d have to sort it out. Not touching Catalina with a 10 foot pole though tbh. :joy:

1 Like

As time passes support drops if you want to run current things, Elektron have said 10.12 minimum and the same applies elsewhere - if you are backed up or can clone or swap disks even then give it a go - High Sierra / Mojave was way better than I hoped and teh upgrade only saw a few casualties, but definitely no Catalina for me

There’s a price both ways, by doing the legwork/research you can minimise that risk, it depends what s/w you value - my hand was forced on a couple of occasions so the decision was easy/unavoidable with disk crashes and so on but it worked out well and I use Carbon Copy Cloner every week now

1 Like

I’ve been bringing this up (or something like it) since the Public Beta first dropped and can’t seem to get any acknowledgement of it, not through tickets or on the forum, I’m surprised more people aren’t having this issue. All I want to do is load Overbridge and turn off the clock+transport but the new ‘latency compensation’ throws everything out of sync if you try to use your interface as the clock. It’s not even that I have to re-do the template, I have re-sync everything every time a project loads. Going back to the Closed beta solved the problem, I can no longer use that unfortunately as it’s not compatible with new Analog OS’s.

Surely there’s away to load OB and have it not affect latency settings like there was before?

• Issue with latency for MIDI when sending MIDI from the device to another external device.

I can’t use my DT to drive my synths and use OB at the same time due to midi delay? I hope it’s possible to fix this issue, it’s been known for a long time… those extra 8 midi channels are useless otherwise

Hardware or Software synths?

Hardware synths, via midi out Digitakt

I have update the firmware rytm mk1 with this last 1.50
I have disinstalled and installed this new version of overbridge,
the vst in ableton says the version is not compatibile with the firmware and to update the overbridge.
but also the panel in overbridge indicate the last version.
any idea why? considering I fully followed the procedure (off when connecting the usb, only one in daw etc). thanks

Hello! When installing Overbridge 2.0.24 in windows 8.1, I get such an error

Please help me!

3 Likes