Overbridge 2.0.24 Public Beta

As time passes support drops if you want to run current things, Elektron have said 10.12 minimum and the same applies elsewhere - if you are backed up or can clone or swap disks even then give it a go - High Sierra / Mojave was way better than I hoped and teh upgrade only saw a few casualties, but definitely no Catalina for me

There’s a price both ways, by doing the legwork/research you can minimise that risk, it depends what s/w you value - my hand was forced on a couple of occasions so the decision was easy/unavoidable with disk crashes and so on but it worked out well and I use Carbon Copy Cloner every week now

1 Like

I’ve been bringing this up (or something like it) since the Public Beta first dropped and can’t seem to get any acknowledgement of it, not through tickets or on the forum, I’m surprised more people aren’t having this issue. All I want to do is load Overbridge and turn off the clock+transport but the new ‘latency compensation’ throws everything out of sync if you try to use your interface as the clock. It’s not even that I have to re-do the template, I have re-sync everything every time a project loads. Going back to the Closed beta solved the problem, I can no longer use that unfortunately as it’s not compatible with new Analog OS’s.

Surely there’s away to load OB and have it not affect latency settings like there was before?

• Issue with latency for MIDI when sending MIDI from the device to another external device.

I can’t use my DT to drive my synths and use OB at the same time due to midi delay? I hope it’s possible to fix this issue, it’s been known for a long time… those extra 8 midi channels are useless otherwise

Hardware or Software synths?

Hardware synths, via midi out Digitakt

I have update the firmware rytm mk1 with this last 1.50
I have disinstalled and installed this new version of overbridge,
the vst in ableton says the version is not compatibile with the firmware and to update the overbridge.
but also the panel in overbridge indicate the last version.
any idea why? considering I fully followed the procedure (off when connecting the usb, only one in daw etc). thanks

Hello! When installing Overbridge 2.0.24 in windows 8.1, I get such an error

Please help me!

3 Likes

My AK and AR mk1 Soundpool is always empty in Overbridge, until i throw a sound into the pool, and it shows the rest of the sounds in the pool?

Are there any warnings in the Event Viewer or Reliability Monitor?

Tomorrow I will try Overbridge and doubt whether it is worth testing.

The configuration: MacBook Pro or iMac with Apogee Symphony 8x analog I/O plus 8x digital I/O and aggregate Sound Devices USB2 2x analog I/O.

Overbridge part: Overhub, Analog Four mk2, Analog Rytm mk2, Analog Heat mk2 and Digitone.

But would it be a waste of time or not? For me it’s only because I run the short of I/O’s. Wish I could go for only Class compliant audio over usb.

My Overbridge Engine is now showing STATUS=measuring for my digitakt. It just stays there and is not connected. It was working fine about a month ago when I last used overbridge.

Thought it was the .24 version so I rolled back to .19 and still the same issue.

I’m on OSX Catalina - maybe the catalina update broke it? Anyone else with the same issue?

There isn’t a public release for Catalina yet, that’ll come eventually

1 Like

I am on Cataline, and try to connect overbridge 2.0.24 to my A4 mk1 with 1.40 but it can’t find it.

The overbridge control panel CAN find my A4, but not the A4 plugin
Not stand alone and not in Ableton live

It’s not officially supported yet.

1 Like

Thanks @avantronica for the info. Any idea how long before it will be officially supported? From looking online downgrading to Mojave looks like a total PITA.

1 Like

It’s always impossible to tell. It’s something that’s being worked on obviously, but wrt official Catalina support for OB it could be a few or even many weeks. There is no answer as none could ever be given, but it’s certainly coming, when it’s properly supported it won’t be held back. So ready when it’s ready I guess.

No ((

When using standalone ob I can assign each pad a sample from the hard drive I’ve uploaded using transfer. In the vst version I do not have the option to browse my sample library in ob.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Everything seems to work with Live I didnt try Logic so far. But the main problem is that my iMac 2011 and the MacBook Pro 2015 are to slow for this configuration. I could not even do some latency testing.

Without Overbrige and only aggregate the Symphony and SD USBPre2 runs fine.

I had the same issue
Apparently it’s an unsigned driver and needs to be bypassed when you install it
You\ll find everything you need to know here : https://windowsreport.com/12109-install-unsigned-drivers-windows-8/

1 Like