Overbridge 2.0.17 Public Beta

I’m not sure if this has been reported elsewhere, but sometimes a note just sticks when I program notes to play on my DAW sequencer. It just picks a random note to stay. Fixing it consists of either playing the same note, or double-tapping [STOP].

DAW: Bitwig 3.0.1
Digitone OS: 1.21

:rofl: dude is this machine translated? Who gets online to write things like this? What are your specific complaints or feedback?

1 Like

Nah man it’s not a scam, you misunderstand the meaning of that word. I have a Digitakt that’s been working beautifully since release, has had many features added, and is also working well with the OB2 software. The software is still in beta but it works flawlessly for me. Also, the software has been updated many times as part of the beta process, and is getting better and better with each release. I can understand being frustrated that the timeline is much longer than they announced originally, it’s frustrating to me as well, but saying it’s a scam is clearly false. If it was a scam, why do I have a working hardware/software combination that operates exactly as advertised? If you think there is some malicious intent at work here, or that there is or was some attempt to deceive the consumer, you are under a false impression.

4 Likes

To be honest, I can understand the rage.

My Rytm mk1 doesn’t work at all (see above: latency measurement failed error). I had it working with a previous version of the beta, but this version is not compatible with OSX Mojave anymore so I’m stuck with nothing. Overbridge was an advertised feature and its taking forever.

Elektron Support isn’t helping either. I filed a bug report with very detailed debug info (log messages from the kernel extensions and system logs - basically as far down as I can without access to the source code). All I got was a “try another cable” response and silence since over a month. I replied multiple times asking if there’s any more debug info they could use to fix the problem, but no response.

Honestly, I don’t think they care about mk1 devices anymore because its not worth their time. And that is absolutely unacceptable, since they sold those devices with Overbridge advertised.

4 Likes

Im going to have to agree with @Hawk.
I have all OB devices except for analog heat. Im helping with the pre-public beta…and each release that has gone out to the public is pretty damn good.

Granted there is some tweaking to be done still. But its not a show stopper by any means.

My experience has been when shit starts going crazy its easy to figure its a flaw with the device or the software. And i think thats mostly due to the ‘beta’ state it is in. Totally guilty myself of that. But ive come to learn 99% of the time it was something i did or didnt do correctly.

OB is pretty awesome. I was skeptical at first, but am totally pleased now. Freed up so many in/out on my I/O.

But…BUT…this could be a great case, with regard to any and all products, that putting something out when its finalized and finished is best.

Anyways, maybe review your setup, perhaps a step or setting was missed. Not said as a jab, but in hopes it was simple oversight :crossed_fingers:t5:

2 Likes

Yer measurement fail is because no in and outs were enabled in the OB engine for yer rytm. I had that issue with my a4mkl. Easy fix.

4 Likes

I had outputs enabled but no inputs. That was never required in the previous versions. Turns out, once I enable inputs as well, it works. That is very weird.

THANK YOU.

5 Likes

Something with the update shut em off. Dunno why. But easy fix. Hasnt happened since.

Glad that helped :+1:t5:

3 Likes

This is a great point, all of this upset could have been avoided by not announcing the software until it was ready. It seems like the devs underestimated the difficulty of the project, but I believe that they advertised the software in good faith rather than as an attempt to deceive. That being said, I’m glad I knew the software was planned for the DT when I made the decision to buy it even though it’s taken quite a while. I’m certain that they will deliver on their promise of a stable piece of software. The Elektron team is doing wonderful work in an upside down world!

BTW, great job on the troubleshooting. You turned rage into joy and improved someone’s day!

1 Like

I’ve ignored OB for the past few years as my initial use of it was far from stable.
However, I own a DN (and A4mk1) and I’m wondering if there are any fundamental (ie not bug related, etc…) timing issues when recording tracks in Ableton.
I originally used OB with my ARmk1 but found the recording to be either slightly late or slightly early. Often the kick would be really wonky. I eventually purchased a Usamo and the results were night and day.
Is this still the case? When zooming in on audio recordings, is the timing solid? Or do you need to shift tracks around to remedy latency/jitter?

Is pitchbend not supposed to work yet through the Overbridge plugin yet? I can work around this by sticking a HW Instrument on a track and sending pitchbend through there, but that seems weird to me.

Pitch Bend works on my A4mk1 in Logic Pro. What are you using?

Digitone. @senor-bling

Installed the new beta, but as before with a earlier version i had to search the vst.dll which get installed in C and copy them over to a custom dir.
Am i overlooking something? when installing i could not find out how to direct it to install to a custom folder.

Anyone else using Studio One 4.5? I’m having lots of problems with studio one recognizing my Analog Keys. I can tell it’s connected, but nothing is showing up in midi preferences and I can’t access any of my onboard sounds from the plugin.

Will report to Elektron.

Is there anyone out there using Mac OS 10.14.5/Studio One 4.5 together with Rytm 1 , AK & Heat 1 via OB beta 2.0.17 ? If so, does it work flawless?

I’m in agreement here. It sucked waiting like 2 years for there to be anything but marketing crap but when the public beta hit it’s been pretty reliable. And worth the wait.

I get companies’ reluctance to do public betas because you have test systems that things work on and then everybody that downloads it expects their own modified systems to work, and when they don’t, maybe the expectations are skewed.

Even with systems you’d think would work - supported OS, supported DAW, supported hardware, etc - could have problems if the computer’s OS wasn’t installed clean or the hardware is too old.

2 Likes

Fun times for all the Mac and Windows users out there, but I run a fully loaded Bitwig on Linux (Ubuntu) including VST’s built for Linux. Life is great, because the OS doesn’t get in the way and I have much lower latencies and way more tracks and FX running as a result.

Any chance of there ever being a Linux version because that would be AMAZING. Thanks!

1 Like

Maybe it’s just the midi feedback-looping, check midi input of the track.

Hi there, using this latest Beta with Digitone on Windows 7 and Ableton 10.

I don’t think its a bug, I bet its something I am doing wrong, because I had not used Overbridge at all before this Beta. I admit I dd not read all 100 posts but the last 20 or so, did not see my issue, but did see a couple other things (like the .dll installing in an odd place and having to move it around). But in the soft synth, I tend to have 2 key problems.

1-spotty loading of the sound banks, sometimes it loads after a good long while, sometimes not at all
2-I cannot figure out how to select one of the other tracks. It seems obvious that you would click on “TR2” tab at the top to start working on and playing that instead, but it doesnt work. Strangely, If I try to play the piano at bottom of soft synth, it plays the right sound, but I cannot edit it at all, and if I play my hardware keyboard piped in via the correct MIDI channel (and tried a couple variations of this), nothing.

Anyone have any obvious suggestions before I look like a dumbass and report an issue?