Overbridge 2.0.17 Public Beta

Installer Bug - Option “Analog Four”

I tried to install the minimal required software to control my A4MkII. However, the installer option “Analog Four” installed the standalone editor and plugin for “Analog Keys”, which does not work. I got the proper software by just installing everything (no customization during installation process).

Installer Bug - “Overbridge already installed”

The installer refuses to run a second time, e.g. if you want to add a plugin/editor for a device that was not installed before. You must always uninstall the whole Overbridge software to add a new device. Uncommon behavior for an installer.

Dod you uninstall and then install the latest ob engine?

Installing without uninstalling previous is sketchy.

Windows 7 isn’t supported, the original post says Win 10 is the minimum. So good luck!

Yeah, I imagine the libraries in a 10y/o OS aren’t quite up to snuff for the level of transfer required :frowning:

Its called beta…send tickets with as much info as possible and know you are doing a good thing…no shame over feeling like a dummy. These things take time and need our feedback to come to fruition i would say.

1 Like

OB request?

Love love love OB for multi outs. The plugin however, puts my boxes out of sync by 1/64.
I find i dont really use it anyways. Perhaps if sync was better id automate filter, some common params. But i do really like the ability to load samples and pick patches.

The request: could there be a ‘LITE’ version of the plug offered as well. With the patch/sample selector and access to a couple of the most commonly used params. Perhaps it would alleviate lag.

1 Like

What daw? Working in sync for me at moment, could be daw related?

1 Like

Logic

Yeah I use ableton so cant really suggest anything tbh
But could be some settings though

Its a lag issue with the plug

No biggie tho. As stated, dont really use it. Still think a stripped down version would be cool. Kind of a ‘performance’ version :slight_smile:

1 Like

With the lasted OS’s on my A4, AR and OB installed, when launching OB it doesn’t see any devices.
My preferences are set to OB Mode.
What am I missing?

I have a big issue with my Overbridge GUI it won’t load correctly in Ableton Live 10
The overbridge standalone and my engine work perfectly but VST load a black screen in Ableton Live 10 when i open it.

anyone can help me please ?

Thank you

I’ve had issues with black plugin screens using live 10.0 but later versions solved the issue. What live version are you on? If it’s the latest try reaching out to Ableton.

I have Ableton Live 10.1 the latest one

…derrrr… shit. Mandela effect coulda sworn I was good to go; or maybe it just never occurred to me that it would NOT be supported. Hopefully the production version will, though - I can appreciate Beta’s focusing on limited OS to get it close enough and then expand. IMO its not an issue of “10y/o” OS - they are highly similar and there are millions of satisfied users of all current software on W7.

Windows 10 supports legacy applications.

Windows 7 does not necessarily support future libraries.

Again, we are speaking real-time audio libraries and high speed USB development. While I have no direct proof from within , if they’re not supporting the OS it’s for one of a few reasons.

• The dev cost of supporting a legacy OS that will only get less popular over time and has no support from Microsoft without paying the sorts of consulting fees only world governments could afford.

• Incompatibility of what OB is at its core with the deprecated libraries Win7 supports.

Both are likely, but even if the latter wasn’t true, the former would be.

You develop for the most users, and for that Elektron is necessarily focusing on recent OSX and Windows versions. They want to keep supporting this for additional years to come, and that means that you start with a relatively new OS and support THAT for 5-10 years. You don’t feel obligated to support an already 10 or whatever y/o OS and support for an additional OS. There lies madness!

Support costs a TON of dev hours and developing say, a calculator app requires less intensive and low level embedded hardware knowledge than OB.

3 Likes

In addition to what @thermionic wrote, Windows 7 End-of-Life for support from Microsoft is Jan 14, 2020, 5 months from now. Windows 10 has already had 7 major releases and as far as I can tell keeps getting better (I just took the 1903 release on Monday).

1 Like

All Windows 7 support from Microsoft ends Jan 2020, at which point it’s going to be pretty unsafe to use pretty quickly I imagine.

1 Like

oh, what sigint said. :slight_smile:

2 Likes