Overbridge 2.0.17 Public Beta

I hooked off a while ago with this beta testing, am still on 2.0.11.2, which is very unstable with the Digitakt and ableton.
I just want to have a stable windows 10 which will not be ruined by uninstalling and reinstalling software.
Is this version any better yet? To run stable, or do i have to wait for a final version, which i take will be a while.

That may be a private beta version, in contrast to the public beta version described in this topic.

1 Like

Thanks.

Just install the newest version man, itā€™s not going to hurt your W10 install or screw it up.

2 Likes

Overbridge is OS stable and this will not ā€œruinā€ anything.

1 Like

I guess you should have asked someone about this instead of just assuming and going to all the trouble. Something is probably wrong on your end, working great for me with no crashes or glitches in Ableton 10.

Yep, my guess also. Tried getting my foot in the door signing up for Beta testing, but happy with the moreover ā€˜stable public betasā€™, now OB finally added DN/DT to the package deal.

I reckon they have more specific shorter request-lines, +lists of features that need some active testing/feedback opposed to the public beta testing to see if it holds together?

Still available Elektron, any prototypes that need testing?
Give me a call :wink:

Ive been posting for months asking for help and advice with the digitakt. I tried everything to get it to work with no success so I deff donā€™t think its something on my end. Also the analog rhythm software works now after the last update so its deff something with overbridge in regards to the digitakt. Thanks for assuming tho

Spec list helps. Hard to help with no info

Computer, os, ram, soundcard, external gear etc

Its easy to setup with ableton. It werks.
Its entirely possible there is a conflict within your setup, or maybe missing a step in the setup [something i am quite adept at :slight_smile: ]

1 Like

Mac OS Catalina , anybody ?

I meant you should have asked if the software was more mature for the Rytm than for the Digitakt before selling. Glad itā€™s working for you now, Iā€™ve used every version of OB for the Digitakt with Ableton 10, but Iā€™m on W10 primarily and maybe youā€™re on MacOS so there could be some bugs I never encountered.

1 Like

Yes. Worked for me until Catalina Beta 4 (Digitone). Right now, Overbridge Engine detects Digitone connected to macbook pro (states ā€œmeasuringā€) and control panel detects Digitone too BUT the Digitone App does not register the Digitone Hardware. Hoping the next Overbridge 2.0.18.4 etc will resolve the Digitone App issue.

For completeness, macOS 10.14.6 Mojave -> all works fine.

I think Iā€™m going to have to avoid Catalina for some time, until some of my 32bit applications are updated.

I might need to consider running a virtual machine for some of those.

1 Like

Hey! I just wanted to let you know I finally got it running. Might seem dump, but the Overbridge engine was not running in the background. I always opend the control panel, which was equal to the engine I thought. When I searched Overbridge with windows search, I saw that control panel and engine are two different processes. After starting the engine, everything worked fine.

After all the whole process is far from beeing intuitive, but I am more than happy I finally managed to get it working

3 Likes

In all honesty, for our computational needs Catalina brings much needed maturity to low level system tools that were anaemic in Mojave i.e. Core ML and associated APIā€™s. Other than that though, there is not much to write home about with regards to Catalina. On my private machine, I will keep with Mojave until 10.16.x.

Skip a generation or two :wink:

1 Like

Donā€™t want to go too off-topic, but the 2 main applications I need, which have 32 bit components are: Nord G2 editor and some Virus Ti components. Probably more, which I havenā€™t acknowledged yet. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If itā€™s working in Mojave why risk breaking it

2 Likes

have been trying to build a big live set from existing projects this week, and although some bits of it are quite annoying ( I wish there were ā€œkitsā€ of sounds for example) it does seem like transfer now works really well through Overbridge - once youā€™ve got the 'takt plugged in, you can have transfer open at the same time and send samples through OB and itā€™s super reliableā€¦

(maybe I only just noticed this and itā€™s been the case for ages!)

1 Like

Itā€™s not working for me

The elektron website directed me to v2.0.14, I then had to click through two more threads to find this oneā€¦ a bit confusing.

Additionally this latest build seems to have stopped recognizing my A4mki and Digitone completely.