Overbridge 2.0.17 Public Beta

Dumb question, but how do I get this thing running standalone with the Digitone? CP opens fine and sees mt DN but I can’t get the ‘Overbridge Engine’ to open. I’m using the latest version (downloaded from this thread).

Any resolution to the hanging notes in Digitone?

3 Likes

do i have to upgrade the os in the hardware?

Instructions here:

Run on Logic X + Mojave OB 2.0.17

1 Like

I am experiencing an issue, sometimes my Rytm MK2 skips a note that it gets sent from Ableton. Overbridge on my computer detects the note but it does not reach the Rytm. Is there any way to fix this? It happens every 2-3 bars.

Freezing happens literally every time I use my Digitakt in Overbridge mode, it’s confirmed. Sometimes it takes half an hour, sometimes an hour, but it happens every single time. I’ll chime in with more details when someone responds to my bug report.

mojAVE 10.14.05 RYTM MKII 1.046 BETA1 OVERBRIDGE 2.0.17 MAC DIDNT RECOGNIZE RYTM SINCE IM UPDATE TO F… MOJAVE ((((

A post was merged into an existing topic: Overbridge Update re: Model Samples

I really wish you guys would just get this wrapped up. Your firmware update process is so painfully slow. Perhaps the slowest I have ever come across.

3 Likes

@pfylim Mordax :wink:

1 Like

After a solid beta run since day one suddenly I seem to have run into trouble, mainly with the analog keys. It seems that after selecting 24bit in the panel it won’t go through the measurement in the engine, and most of the time it fails. Occasionally after a reboot with nothing else active overbridge-wise it’ll let me get sound in Ableton for the mains only, even though all channels should be active(16 bit). This is only when its the first OB device that is turned on it seems. The panel is very unresponsive when the AK is on, up to the point that force quit is the only option.

I have reinstalled OB(17), the latest ak os but nothing helps. Are there other temp files I could delete to see if i get my ak back? All other OB devices are doing fine(AR2, Heat, DN), AK tests ok in test mode, its all very weird…

Oh, I’m on Mojave, latest version. And sorry for the long post here but I have a feeling Sweden is on a holiday and maybe here someone has a solid TIP :slight_smile:

Oh and to be complete, its on an Overhub as well as directly on either usb port of my mbp, with diff usb cables.

btw I logged a ticket but is there anywhere you can see your open tickets? There used to be a list in your account but I’m a bit lost in the new support thing…

Fix that by opening the control panel and make sure you have tracks enabled. Sometimes after update they get switched off. So you will get that issue.

I think you only need two to fix it

Thanks, found another topic mentioning this(thanks Olle!) and noticed i was enabling channels to the AK, not from. Wasn’t this the other way around in OB1 or am I just straight up confused?
Anyway, seems ok now, 24 bit, need to stop smoking pot while computing late night I guess. Still, that crash was HARD, like instant boot and the big something went really wrong screen. And some stuff did change in settings, plugin voicerouting was back to machine instead of plugin.

1 Like

Sold my Digitakt and got a Analog Rhythm thinking the software integration might be more robust and further along but Ableton live 10 crashes immediately when loading the Analog Rhythm VST or AU plugin. Back to square one I guess.

Hi boys n girls,
I use macOs Mojave 10.14.5, Overbridge 2.0.17.13_Beta , Analog Four mki with OS 1.36_BETA2
I finalize the installations (overbridge,fimrware on mki) i open app but it doesn’t connect Overbridge with A4 mki.
I let from the privacy section of Os to pass the all the elektron app ( overbridge contron panel app , overbridge engine app , analog four app etc) and still nothing,
I have of course from the A4 machine the usb overbridge function ticked!
I also checked some other firmware plus overbridge 2.14.1 and still no connection between them.
It works only with overbridge 1.15.0.
Any idea? I see people writing that it works nice with Mojave!So that’s i ask you too.
Thanx in advance! :slight_smile:

Accidentally i found it and it works now after i rechecked the the “Allow apps download from : App store and identified developers” at General tab on the Security & Privacy on System Preferences.
However in Reason 10 when i process the “bounce in place” after writing midi in piano roll while using Analog Four as a VSTi (without external sound card) doesn’t work (not even close).
Same also when i do export the vsti channel track.Also same in Ableton live!Any idea?
Thanx in advance! :slight_smile:

ps.Works only for real time recording for each track of the A4 after internal routing.

Thanx in advance!

This just now occurred to me… using the DT as a soundcard along with OB - does anyone think that I’d get better performance / latency for recording the 8 individual outputs over USB?

Mostly good to go with my sh*tty pc and interface but still get the occasional gabled / glitched audio for a few seconds here and there. Plus I guess I’d have to figure out how to cable things together with the monitors and how to get audio back in if I wanted to multitrack along with VSTs and hear effects in DAW. Maybe more trouble than it’s worth?

EDIT: I re-sent the OS to the RYTM and now it works.

Installed Overbridge 2.0.17.13 Beta on Win10 Pro PC. First installation of Overbridge on that machine. Install appeared to complete fine. Rebooted machine. RYTM MK2 was updated to 1.46 beta firmware successfully and power cycled. When I put the RYTM MK2 into Overbridge mode, a Windows notification pops up saying that the device does not have the correct firmware. This notification comes from the Overbridge engine.

I have toggled between the Overbridge and USB-MIDI modes and each time I get this notification. Have connected and reconnected. Have rebooted the PC. If I open RYTM-Overbridge stand-alone, it does not find any device.

Can anyone help?

1 Like

Small ? -> Just saw in the last video posted by DaveMech that he is running Overbridge 2.0.18.4 Beta. Anyone know where the new beta download is?