Overbridge 2.0.11 Public Beta - Plugins, Drivers and Firmware

Maybe an important detail, but during installation I got the popup asking me if I wanted to allow Elektron Music Machines(don’t remember the exact text) which then led me to the system preferences where I had to click allow at the bottom of the window. After that it asked if I wanted to reboot, because it needs to boot to activate this, but that wasn’t possible at that point bec the installer was still active.

Did you choose allow and did you set this in system preferences?

That’s the last step in the progress. It’s ok to reboot.

yeah but it can’t bec the install process isn’t finished. This means the first run you finish the install-procedure without allowing the signed kext because the allow needs a reboot. The reboot is at the end of the install-procedure.

maybe after the boot it’ll fit right into the whole install-process when it restarts, but I’m not qualified to say at what point the install-process needs the kext to be allowed already.

Mac users: Please be aware that on the new Models with the T2-Chip, the automated time sync can cause Audio-Dropouts once or twice an hour. These are caused be the “timed” process, that can be deactivated in the Systems Date and Time automated setup. The dropouts are about half a second long and happen with USB-Audio devices, not with thunderbolt interfaces.

3 Likes

I have everything set up. Digitakt / Overbridge / Ableton 10 (Mac).

Ableton is the master clock. I also have an access virus and Moog Mother 32 that are sequenced via midi by Digitakt. There is significant latency especially with the Moog.

Is this normal behaviour? Timing is perfect when not in Overbridge mode.

Thanks

Yes I did everything possible as I said before it’s just for Logic the problem… No more departed channels and no more recognised in the midi set up. Same with 3 computers and 2 different OS…

I think you said it’s only the plug in that’s not working? This is a long shot, but open up the stand alone Digitakt editor. Up at the top left of that window is “Options” in there you can set up the ASIO settings for your external soundcard. When I found that and set up my soundcard the Digitakt’s performance drastically improved. Perhaps you need to set this up so that the plug in will work in your DAW?

When I change the track on my Rytm, the plugin GUI updates only for the first 3 changes.
Anyone else?

After tinkering with Overbridge and my set up for days I’m finally RTFM.
It actually says several times to make sure your device is NOT plugged in and turned on.

I just want to acknowledge that my advice is officially bad, but in my case worked.

I currently have RytmMk1 and AK working on my MacPro, which I couldn’t do previously. Not sure if I’m brave enough to add the A4Mk1 too just yet.

Trying to sequence my Rytm with Ableton Live (Drum Rack) and accessing its individual audio outputs with Overbridge

Original and wrong Statement

In Ableton Live, I can send the midi info with the External Instrument device from Ableton. I put 8 of them in a Drum Rack (see below). Unfortunately I can’t acces the audio outputs from my Rytm Overbridge plugin from the External Instrument device. This device allows me to access only the audio from my audio interface on top of sending the midi data.

Can someone tell me how I can access the audio from the Rytm Overbridge Plugin from my Drum Rack? Is there a M4L device that can both send midi and receive audio from plugin?

It would be very useful as it would prevent me from inserting 8 more (audio) tracks to get the audio from my Rytm. I end up with too many tracks for my liking (see below).

I found a solution to my problem. Actually, the External Instrument device from Ableton can access the audio from a plugin.

So I was able to create a drum rack to sequence my Rytm. This same drum rack was able to access the audio from my rytm as well.

See below the 12 tracks (8 voices) from my Rytm along with 3 voices from my Virus TI. A fourth voice from my Virus has been directed to the Rytm’s external inputs. Ableton can access them only from the Main channels and not from the Input Channels. Don’t know why! Finally, I also used the Heat plugin! All this without using my audio interface inputs!!

Here is the drum rack to sequence and audition the Rytm …

Note the 4 muted tracks. Those tracks share a voice with their respective previous tracks! If you don’t mute them you will double the audio output!

As above, RytmMk1 and AK are working fairly well. …but adding my VirusTi doesn’t work. Limited over-all bandwidth it seems.

I just noticed some strange behavior with this set up.

If you have an LFO running on MIDI A and you select any two Reaper tracks, any track that are between track 1 and the tracks you selected will start panning to that LFO

If you have an LFO running on MIDI B and no LFO on MIDI A you select any two Reaper tracks, any track that are between track 2 and the tracks you selected will start panning to that LFO. Track 1 remains unaffected

If both A + B LFOs are running at the same time, the tracks selected following 2 slave to 2

If both MIDI LFOs are off and you turn either VAL7 encoders, or the pan pots on DT audio tracks 1+2 (which both control Reaper panning) nothing happens to selected tracks on Reaper following the manually panned DT MIDI or audio tracks. It’s only the MIDI LFO that makes things freaky

So, I can assign DT audio track pan pots (MIDI CC 10) to pan the corresponding Reaper track.
If I assign the DT audio track LFO to panning, it only pans internally. It doesn’t talk to MIDI CC 10 and my reaper track stays static

I can link DT MIDI A to control DT audio panning via CC 10, and the MIDI LFO pans VAL7>MIDI CC10>Reaper, and if I don’t select more than 1 following Reaper track at a time it’s safe, but can get messy other wise

If only that audio track LFO would pan it’s own CC 10

I can maybe prevent this in Reaper, but not sure. I’m new to all this…

EDIT: Just turned off Track Grouping in Reaper for all DT related tracks, Issue Solved

same, until i emptied all the samples from RAM

Just installed OB 2.0.11 on my Windows 10 system running Nuendo and trying to use the VST Plugin (AK) but its DLL is missing from the Elektron 64 bit folder. The only one which is present is the Digitakt’s one. All products DLL are presents in the 32 bit folder. I’ve choosed the default installation with all Elekton devices. Any idea ?
Thanks for your help.

Good news for Volume control,

In the DT System Menu under USB Config you can choose to send audio out of the Digitakt Pre/Post Fader

If you send it out Post Fader then it will print that level to your Reaper recording. The Level/Data knob in this case has a function, as does the Master Mixer section [func lfo double tap]

If you send the audio out with Pre Fader selected it bypasses the Level/Mixer, making 9 knobs useless, but available…

I assigned 1-8 in the mixer section to their corresponding Reaper tracks on MIDI CC 95, and it works!
The Level knob however is still useless. So you can choose to sacrifice one of the 8 individual DT track volume controls and in Reaper set up a Master Digitakt Fader. Maybe track 8?
As long as you have your “sacrificial” track selected you can now use the Level knob as a Master Fader!
That’s the way I have my project file set up now. I’ve also routed the FX Main into this Master, so all DT audio can be muted on 1 Reaper track.

1 thing to note, Level 91 on the DT corresponds with +0.01DB (Level90 is -0.35DB) on the Reaper track.
With that in mind what you are hearing for each track 1-7 is a 0.02DB bump in level (only 0.01DB on the FX, and 8). This is only monitored in Reaper keep in mind. The level sent out of the DT and recorded in Reaper is 127, as long as you have Reaper set to monitor PreFader-Post Pan
/ Since writing that I realized you could adjust the send level to the DT montor track to compensate, I’ll leave the above text to document the routing logic

I left the DT Inputs out of the Reaper DT Master as the DT itself doesn’t have any control over that audio

I also turned off Track Grouping in Reaper for all DT related tracks. It was causing an issue when the LFO was active and any two tracks following were group selected, the LFO took over all panning for every track in between

Check out this new RPP? DTOB-12AP38MP2MIPrePoVOLnoGrp.RPP (10.3 KB)

Edit: like with most things Digitakt this control is pattern specific, you can’t just smoothly fade globally from the level knob if you have patterns chaining, you can with that master reaper fader tough…

Have you tried here => C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins\Elektron (64bit)

I think I have hit a bug, I (foolishly) renamed my device (analog rytm mk 1) to just rytm in the control centre, now the standalone mode does not see my device. control centre does, as does transfer. I tried to reinstall the beta os upgrade, but my rhythm stopped about 20% percent in and froze. after about 5 mins of it bricked, I turned it off and back on again - it booted fine, but the device is still not being recognised. I performed a factory reset and tried again, no joy. can anyone please let me know what the original device name should be (for rytm mk1)? perhaps I can rename it.

Cheers,
Conor

Fixed: Renamed the Device to “Analog Rytm” and the stand alone editor sees it now