Overbridge 2.0.11 Public Beta - Plugins, Drivers and Firmware

With this latest version of OB, I don’t see the Digitakt in my MIDI device list at all. How then is it possible to sequence a soft-synth inside of Ableton with the Digitakt? This was possible with the previous version because the Digitakt showed up as a MIDI input / output, even if the plugin is handling sync functionality. Thoughts?

1 Like

I have the same issue, running 10.14.2, but Overbridge standalone (haven’t tried VST) doesn’t seem to ‘see’ the Digitakt. BTW, I see the Overbridge application, double clicked it but nothing seems to happen, is this normal?

Running 1.11.Beta6 Firmware and Overbridge 2.0.11.2_Beta, also made sure my Digitakt was in Overbridge mode.

1 Like

You mean “Focus”? … Yes, it stops working (for me). In the previous version it also happened.

I got all the panning to work! See video description for details
An updated RPP, and a keymap that may be needed for the custom actions
DTOB2BReaperB1_1.ReaperKeyMap (389.7 KB)
DTOB2BReaperB1_1.RPP (10.4 KB)

edit: replaced video link with a slightly better demo

Hi Phil, thanks for your reply. Yes, the Digitakt DLL was the only one which was present at first try. I had to run the installation a second time and do a repair which solved the problem.

Anyone not seeing their device on OSX
unplug their device from USB port
go to Audiomidi app in the utilities folder
Delete the device in the midi section
Then re plug in the device via usb

This solved the issue and device resumed recognition

Sorry but I’ve been trying this 30 times this morning and it doesn’t work… changed all the USB ports etc… it just doesn’t show in the midi at all!

Hi, have the same issue here, gone try your trick.
but is not working here

thanks for the tip

Looks like the Overbridge update bricked my iMac. :frowning: After the installation, I rebooted only to get stuck in the apple loading screen. Did a fresh install of the High Sierra update and everything seems fine, nothing lost but time. :disappointed_relieved:

Hi!
I’m a really newbie in elektron stuff and today i have bought an alektron analog4 mk1. I’ ve installed overbridge beta 2, and my machine is now upgraded to the version contained in this thread (1.36 i think)
I’ve enabled the overbridge thing in my a4 but OB still not recognize it. What should i check? I’ve followed the instructions…
I’m on osx high sierra

Ì updated my RYTM, so far Overbridge runs stable on Win10 HP Omen laptop.

You could have launched Mac in safe mode (press shift while booting), which makes sure to not load any drivers and kernel extensions on startup. Then you could have removed the drivers (there is an uninstaller included) and tried to reinstall them. Much faster than completely reinstalling MacOS. Still, this obviously shouldn’t happen.

1 Like

Ive got few BSODs after overbridge updating :
I use my DT as soundcard and Ableton Live 10 as DAW, Windows 10 x64 as host. Usually the sound just suddenly dissappear and a second later I get BSOD.

Simply doesn’t work as vst 64 in Studio one 4,Windows 10 Pro.
When I load the Overbridge plugin,Overbridge doesn’t find my Analog Four MKII,even though I have the 1.36 BETA2 OS.

Still getting major problems with the overbridge mode…
Today i did a test with the latancy monitor, i made a movie, all system are green, both the digitakt and the rytmII are switched on, as soon as i put one of them in the overb0ridge mode you see the meter going up and into the red…No other devices switched on exept my soundcard…

still unusable…

latancy test

I wait until it corresponds to digitone.

I would like to set a drum track like the old midi synth and assign a tone to each scale.
Cheers elektron!

@phasingtomsolo

Thanks for the extensive research into panning, will dive into it at a later moment.

For now, I discovered what caused the problem of the distorted recording: I was putting my effects on the individual tracks directly. Now, I put my effects on separate tracks and routed them to the instrument tracks. Do you perhaps know why the signal gets distorted when putting effects directly on the tracks?

Another thing I noticed, is that when playing my beat, I hear the ‘effected’ signal as well as the original (dry) signal both at the same time. I guess this has to do something with monitoring? Do you know how to turn off the dry signal so I only hear the effected signal? Have been playing around with the tracks monitoring but couldn’t figure it out.

I also noticed, in the routing window of the effects, there is a fader (when I right-click on it, it says ‘Pan Law’) which controls the panning of the track. It seems to work fine for panning the track. For now it would seem to serve my purpose, which is just placing the drums within the audio spectrum. Although I realize that this way the panning is done in Reaper and not from the Digitakt, what are the disadvantages of panning the instruments this way?

I have figured it out that my mac was blocking the overbridge somehow. Now everything works fine

2 Likes

Does this mean you’re able to see your Elektron device in the MIDI preferences inside of Ableton (or your preferred DAW)?

Just for Windows 10? This cannot be true… I am pretty sure that l wont be the only one not being able to run overbridge for Digitakt…