Overbridge 2.0.11 Public Beta - Plugins, Drivers and Firmware

I’m trying to upgrade my DT to the latest firmware but its taking really long. Any one had this issue? Im going to let it sit for a while this time and see.

Got it to work. Applied earlier firmware then the latest.

Problems here with pitch drifting, connection loss of digitakt (even bought overhub for it)
Have to reboot the DT very often to make connection, again.
Which also results is many Ableton crashes.

Win 10, Dt = 1.11_Beta6 and OB 2.0.11.2

Can an ARMKii owner or 2 tell me if they can set negative values in the OB pluggin for Performance parameters?

IE on say performance 1, can you set a negative value of 64 to the filter cutt off so that when you check it on the ARmkii it shows -64 ??? Im having trouble getting mine to show negatives from the plugin and was looking to see if its me or all users.

bump what markodarko asked. first thing i did on my ar mki when I bought it was try to learn what a pro pattern looks like in midi. I think the engine inside is somehow not midi compatible for output… with the track step sequencer’s incredible depth. But I hope I’m one day proven wrong. Would love to visually see what my pattern locks’ CC data would look like!

I have spend the last 2 hours trying to get the digitakt to connect to my mac(10.14.4) in overbridge mode. I initially thought that the osx version was the issue but the problem was caused by a blocked driver.
Thanks for the solution massornament.

For anyone that didn’t find the solution, check https://www.elektronauts.com/t/overbridge-2-0-11-public-beta-plugins-drivers-and-firmware/80284/143?u=django

Stange Digitakt Overbridge Bug:

When running Overbridge and using midi channel 16 - playing some trigs (prerecorded or via chromatic), results in a bank and patch change - bank 12, and an invisible pattern that’s not marked on the keyboard!

strange as it only happens on midi channel 16 with overbridge (no daw, midi in din/usb turned off)… essentially channel 16 is rendered useless.

I tried new project, and other things but it always happens

Anyone else finding this?

Yeah the vst still doesn’t work for me in 10.14.4 . Driver doesn’t show as blocked and the vst doesn’t see the digitak even tho its there in the overbridge engine. ugh

i’m having the same problem!
any tips?

I had this happening too,
If you go to the Midi Settings page, Port Config, set Trig Key DST to: INT

That should solve it?

Nope. Im stuck and no one has been able to help me. Doesn’t work for me at this point and Im losing hope that it will anytime soon.

I have some problems with MIDI out.

Digitakt note off midi out has value 0

My other controller on note off has value 64…

My Roland SE-02 sequencer triggers on Note On, but doesn’t stop with on Note off [0] - it stops on Note off [64] with my other controller…

Also on my Logic DAW - midi monitor display Note off [64] as correct note off (little music icon is crossed out) - DIgitakt Note off on the other hand is not registered as proper note off?

Any tips on how I can trigger a correct Note off with a non zero value from Digitakt?

See difference below between Digitakt and my Korg Nano key controller:

|00:57:08.547|From Bluetooth|Note On|1|C3|53|
|00:57:08.639|From Bluetooth|Note Off|1|C3|64|

|00:57:09.314|From Bluetooth|Note On|1|C3|60|
|00:57:09.426|From Bluetooth|Note Off|1|C3|64|

|00:57:13.552|From Digitakt in 1|Note On|15|C3|70|
|00:57:13.675|From Digitakt in 1|Note Off|15|C3|0|

|00:57:14.984|From Digitakt in 1|Note On|15|C3|70|
|00:57:15.186|From Digitakt in 1|Note Off|15|C3|0|

Same here since this update… Even sent a ticket directly after and they never bother to answer!

Not seen here as even you Midi monitor see it as a Note Off but they are actually two different messages. The Digitakt sends Note On with velocity 0 and that is the same this as sending the Note Off message in the MIDI standard even if they are two different messages. I’m not sure why the Roland SE-02 is not responding to it as a Note Off.

These are really tricky to fault find as they are system dependent and support has not been able to respond and investigate all issues related to the Beta.

This sounds like Engine is not running(This is the error message in @wolfkinmusic screenshot) or that Engine has for some reason the wrong version. Check that Engine, Control Panel and the Plugin are all the same version. You can see the version number in all the programs.

2 Likes

I noticed that in logic pro x - the midi note icon (on the info panel) only shows as “ON” for the Digitakt when playing notes via chromatic, but with my other interface I get ON then OFF - so perhaps Note on + 0 velocity is not as universally accepted as actual Note off?

I’m bit gutted - imagine the power of utilising the Digitakt sequencer to trigger on off the SE02 sequencer. I will reach out to Roland, but if there’s any other tips I can try (other than using computer to filter/change the midi Note on) I’d highly appreciate it.

standalone app for armk1 started crashing after launch for me as well. a4 has no problem and both is ok on the control panel. ar app doesn’t crash if Ar is shutdown, starting ar app while ar is off, starting ar and manually choosing ar in the list instantly crashes app.

In hardware it traditionally is, as it saves bandwidth on the MIDI port. I would even say that it’s even rare to see devices not responding to Note on Vel 0 as Note Off.

1 Like

How’s it going for reason and separate audio outs? (For digitakt btw)

From what I’ve tested I still get some artifacts in the sound in Windows. I’ve been playing around with buffer settings and margins in the overbridge engine, aswell as buffer size and usb streaming mode in the settings for my interface (behringer x-usb/X32)/. Digitakt by it self seems to run quite smoothly in the latest beta of reason, but when i add the Heat, the crackles, beeps and pops return.

Everything seems to run great when I boot up in OSX (hackintosh) tho, so if you’re on mac it works pretty much flawlessly. Plus then you have the option to make an aggregate device with your audio interface(s) + elektrons + any other synths/devices with usb audio, letting you grab the audio inputs from the hardware interface in Reason.

I had the same issues (audio artifacts) when connecting an external 4k screen to my macbook (same on windows laptops) previously, but I sold that a while back, so I can’t test that anymore. Seems to be an issue with how Reason handles graphics. I believe Bitwig also has/had this problem, as I’ve ran into this there aswell. Ableton works as it should.
Just streaming the outputs when using it as a soundcard also works great in Windows.
These are my observations… your mileage may vary.

1 Like