Our Music On Cassette

:pray:

And I’ve got Survival Strategies for Progressive Persuasions in my cart - listened to the others today. Really nice stuff!

1 Like

Great release and beautiful cassette. Congrats!

1 Like

Thank you :grinning:

My first (and therefore probably my favorite) 4-track. Bought new when it came out. Sold it when I started recording at a small commercial 8-track studio. Bought another a few layers ‘cause I missed it so. Gave that one away when I bought a VS-880 (new… and cost a small fortune at the time!).

2 Likes

Thought I’d drop a quick post about my new album which is out on cassette via Spun Out of Control in the UK. Saw the tapes in the flesh for the first time today and they’ve come out beautifully.
You can check it out here
https://spunoutofcontrol.bandcamp.com/album/moonkeeper

Probably should have posted this earlier when it first went up for pre-release but there’s still a few copies left if anyone fancies one.
Hope you like it :man_astronaut:

3 Likes

We did a slipcase to fit our three cassette releases with Masker. The music was recorded last year, a mix of dark ambient, electronica, free jazz and lots of octatracking live drums. :slight_smile:

Details and more music: https://oudwijnrecords.bandcamp.com/

3 Likes

Another track I revisited with new drums and cassette. I tracked most of it years ago using my Juno 106 and AX60 - still two of my favorite synths. Drums are done live on the Analog Rythm.

3 Likes

Different vibe from me.

Mate brought around his guitar and he can play. I plugged him into my Strymon pedals and tweaked around before tracking it to cassette. Then ran that into an Analog Heat before hitting the computer. Looped it and bounced that onto the other cassette deck. It was fun flipping tapes. I have a 4 track cassette and then I can bounce it down to two tracks. Whip that tape out and add another two tracks onto it. A bit time consuming but there is nothing like the sound of cassette. Believe me, I have 90% of every cassette emulation plugin on the market.

While he made his guitar licks I laced a beat up on the RYTM. After doing the above he played bass from my OB6. I played a sparkly sustained chord after that and then some lyrics hit me. Time was very limited so anything we felt or thought on the spot we ran with. I guess you could say we eloped on a whim!

I decided against multitracking my RYTM and opted for Logic Pro’s ‘drummer’ plugin. I did however still use my closed hats, bass drum, noise clap, and reverse hats. I’ve been experimenting with some weird textures recently so I added them in there as well.

Overall; jolly good fun!

1 Like

I’m very happy to present my first album!

Physical release! IDM/braindance in the vein of Early 90’s Warp Records/Replex Records
available April 2nd

Bandcamp link below

2 Likes

some recent ones i’ve done

sold out from their shop but if anybody wants a copy of concentrics 6, please dm…i have some

2 Likes

Excited to share my new EP with you guys! The kind of hypnotic 2000ish techno that I have been obsessed with lately. Inspired by my recent indulgence of listening to PS one game techno OSTs.

Recorded everything to tape on this one and also made a tape release on type 1.
hope yall enjoy!

thanks for taking a peak!

2 Likes

Damn. Some killer tracks in here.

New favorite thread!

1 Like

Congratulations on the release! There is nothing like finishing a body of work :wink:

Been listening to this type of stuff recently too. Any recommendations?

Going to clean the bathroom and these will help me whizz around with focus!

Nice one :+1:

1 Like

A lot of the ps1 stuff from here Favorite electronic music of the PS1 but also drexciya bubble metropolis and surgeon raw trax… really stuff that has helped keep me inspired for the live jamming sort of set up I’ve been working within.

1 Like

A friend and I have a 5 track compilation coming out soon on cassette (18th of June). Five tracks of deep, driving techno.

30min per side, both side play the same. Beautiful hand-printed linocut on thick eco-natural Maltese cross boxes, lovingly made by myself.

Previews : Data Roaming 004 - Previews by Data Roaming Records | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Theotu’s track premiere : Lost In Ether | P R E M I E R E | Tehotu - I M Funny, They Said [Data Roaming Records] by Lost In Ether | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Pre-order : DRR004 - Various artists | dc11, Diego Amura, Kerst, Tehotu, Inherent Stasis | Data Roaming Records

4 Likes

And now the release is out !

2 Likes

She celebrated her 60s anniversary :heart_eyes:

I really love tape as a physical medium (allowing also super small limited runs).
It was always one of my personal dreams to release my music on Bandcamp and tape.

Also quite encouraging that more and more artists start to release on good old tape again!

IDM-sketches, mainly produced with ELEKTRON vintage gear.

2 Likes

The physical media seem to have sold out, but this is my first cassette release!

3 Likes

I must have subconsciously knew of casseptember.

Yesterday I got out my 4 track and went through all my demos & extensive Tom waits cassette collection

1 Like

Long sold out but my debut was released on cassette this time last year :slight_smile:

2 Likes