OTO Machines FX - BIM BAM BOUM

Nice!

All the units look very cool!
None are a must have IMO like the Biscuit, but I love OTO so I will for sure prob by the Compressor to start and maybe add the other units slowly.
How neat, biscuit is 8-bit, they have a 12-bit delay, 16-bit verb and an analog unit.
One of my fav parts of the Biscuit (you’d know if you’ve heard my music) is the delay. Would be cool to keep the biscuit to bit crushing and some other effects and use the new delay on top.

Hehe, i wanted to check out the Boum also first…gonna need them all…:wink:

Definitely interested in these!

OTO is spot on with these products. I am totally sold on the delay and compressor! YEAH!

yeah! very interested in the Boum compressor - looks gnarly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m a fan of the delay using actual 12-bit converters vs truncating or bit-crushing better ones. The “16-bit” reverb seems kind of meh to me despite my lust for all things verby, but as was pointed out elsewhere, it could very well be more than a mere reverb, too.

but fuck $450 for each one is rough.

So which box do you all think will be the best mate to an Octatrack? Like, the least overlap? I’d love to freshen up my reverb sounds so right now I’m eyeing the BAM.

Very true…OTO machines are not the cheapest, but once again, as in some other companies we know and love - it’s about value, not price. The Biscuit is nothing less than the Rolls Royce of bitcrushers. It can go from full-on Trent-with-a-blender, to subtle, filtered background texturizing. I use it on so many things. And it feels good being the actual benefactor of envelope-pushing, smaller companies.

The reverb is the last of the three on my wish list, cause my first thought is “why would I want a less than perfect reverb?”

But I remembered a song where I used a rather dated 90s reverb on a staccato sound, then sent a touch of the entire “dry sound+grainy reverb” to a really smooth reverb…magical. The textured sound then had an amazing sense of space and depth.

1 Like

Yeah the biscuit seemed expensive at first but in the end I love it. It’s quite versatile and so cleverly thought out. And you get a free synth update!

The new boxes will actually be about 25% less than the biscuit I believe.

BOUM - Warming Unit

this one :+1:

1 Like

BOUM is going to be awesome! I can’t think of another analog compressor with full MIDI control! Throw in that sweet OTO filter and it will be a classic.

True. Don’t get my wrong, I don’t think these are over-priced, but they are too much for me to justify given how much hardware I already own and the place of music’ing in my list of hobbies. If it was all I did, or my main hobby, I’d buy all three without blinking an eye :slight_smile:

Almost bought a Biscuit, actually. Der Oto almost sealed it, I have a high versatility quotient on my gear purchases.

I’d also need a mixer to integrate these boxes with my MnM, OT, and OP-1; all my inputs are spoken for :smiley:

Along with OT’s dual stereo inputs, you could get a tiny Art SplitMix and have just enough routing to use an OTO box or two to great effect.

Intriguing. I still don’t think I could justify it to myself all the same (an OTO effect). But I added the Splitmix4 to my Wishlist just in case :smiley:

I still love the idea of the delay’s 12-bit converters, though :alien:

they said they’re going to stop producing the biscuit D: i definitely want to try one

used? They pop up from time to time.

used? They pop up from time to time.[/quote]
Yea looks like that will be my best bet after they run out. They pop up for more than fair prices too so shouldn’t be too difficult I think. Would like to give the manufacturer my money though :slight_smile:

used? They pop up from time to time.[/quote]
Yea looks like that will be my best bet after they run out. They pop up for more than fair prices too so shouldn’t be too difficult I think. Would like to give the manufacturer my money though :)[/quote]
derp… was thinking that they were already out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: