OTO Machines FX - BIM BAM BOUM

So only a few more days before this drops and still no word. Denis can sure keep a secret.

Indeed!

From the OTO forum:

by [b][url=“http://www.otomachines.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2”]otomachines[/b] » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:54 pm
Hi to all,

For many reasons, OTO won’t be at the Musikmesse this year.
But be reassured, I will post infos about new OTO products on this forum and on our Facebook page the 12th of march!

Denis

1 Like

Yay!!! New Otos! Oh no though sounds like MULTIPLE new Otos! My bank account weeps .

Really looking forward to the new OTO machine and expecting to throw some cash after OTO and friends this time…might also need to buy that AR thing but that´s another story.

Tell me about it! Not long now :slight_smile:

Haha. I think we all need to make more money in 2014! So many cool gadgets.

Exciting! I kind of hope it’s a sampler.

BIM BAM BOUM! Looks like we have three new OTO effect boxes on our hands :smiley:

NOICE

Sweet! Q4 so time to save up!

Now what do they do?

1 Like

Ooofff! gonna be a loooong wait. :slight_smile:

Looks like the yellow one (Bam?) has a Tap Tempo button…

Can’t wait to see what these things are all about!

Exciting!

1. Waiting 'till Q4 is a -
  2. Build quality looks as good as Biscuit
  3. Three small, possibly complementary units
  4. Yellow means seq
  5. Do I see LP/HP on blue?

Yeah waiting sucks! :slight_smile:

Tap could also be for delay.

I think I see Freeze on blue and yellow’s far right button?

True, could be delay.
Hope we will have more info today.

This 1 & 2, I wonder what it means. Are the fx 2x delay etc. or are they combos of two integrated fx?

Pretty sure I can see Active, Tap, Type, Preset, and maybe Filter and Data on the yellow one.

Numbers 1-8 on all of them :slight_smile:

From OTO’s FB page :

OTO Machines announces 3 new FX boxes:

BIM - Poetic Repeater
12-bit delay (up to 2 seconds in stereo) with modulation (several waveforms available), separate hipass & lowpass filters for the delay signal and the feedback path, extra FXs (Reverse, Flanger, Dual Head, Distortion,…).
True 12-bit converters, filters, compander & feedback paths are analog for a very warm and grainy sound.
TAP and FREEZE function. Delay can be synced to MIDI Clock.

BAM - Space Generator
Digital reverberator inspired by the early 80’s 16-bit units (EMT250, Lexicon 224,…). Several algorithms including Halls, Rooms, Space, weirdos, springs, resonators…
Predelay is up to 1 second. A “Drive” pot let you distort the input of the reverb.

BOUM - Warming Unit
Analog Compressor with tube emulation, octave, soft and hard distortion, followed by a 3 mode-2 pole Biscuit filter.
The compressor have Mode, Attack and Release settings.
An envelope generator (normal or inverse) let’s you create envelope filters or envelope levelers.
The distortion circuit is specially designed for synths, loops, drums,…and keeps the dynamic of the signal.

All units have stereo I/O, MIDI input (CCs for all parameters, Beat Clock, Pgm Change), true hardware relay bypass, 36 user presets.
Size is 145 x 145 x 60 mm. 2 lines of 8 white LEDS for displaying parameters, preset number, input vu-meter…

Price for each unit will be about 325 euros (excluding VAT).
Release is planned for 2014 Q4.

1 Like

Like!