OTO Machines FX - BIM BAM BOUM

I started a thread here on the search for a very specific delay, and figured I’d love the opinions from you OTO bunch -

why? I can’t comment on the electrical side of it. seems kinda wasteful though. guess you don’t pay the electric bill in your house! I generally turn lights off when I leave a room. can’t imagine leaving all my synths on! :rofl:

1 Like

BIM is cool.

Buy BIM.

Expensive though.

But money is less cool than BIM.

13 Likes

of course i turn lights off lol i think i just like my musical gears always on so i can quickly do something whenever i want :slight_smile: and electric bill is not that bad and for winter time, i don’t need to turn my radiator on lol

2 Likes

BOUM - would like to order one as an end of chain > PA
How good is the compressor as a limiter? Need a wall, don’t want to trash hearing abilities with uncontrolled live electro acoustic frequency spikes and feedback hell.

Also, do I need a DI box (passive stereo) from the BOUM to the PA? (I can’t predict the distance(s) that will occur at the venue(s).

Thanks folks!

I have purchased one with the same intention. But it is not capable to make proper limiting. You cannot adjust the input gain. Even in the lowest setting it will smash everything. Also no gain matching with drive and output knobs.
Good posts here:

Now I use it as a low cutted compressed enhancer with mix around 40%.
Afterwards EHX platform, works great as limiter and you can adjust gain to PA. Yes, it’s digital but check here:

I use it as master insert in Xone96, so no DI needed.

2 Likes

The Boum is balanced, so you won’t need a DI.

1 Like

Will get an EHX Platform and give it a shot for brick wall limiting.

1 Like

Is Boum not unbalanced?

Unfortunately, no.

1 Like

Bizarre, I stand corrected — I could have sworn it was.

1 Like

should be balanced, at least the inputs…

then add VAT and import duty.
Crikey… I’ll let mine go for half that price… PM me if interested. :wink:

lol, I never know if they’re joking or not!

Yeah I see the rest of their prices are similarly obese. Perhaps it’s a comment on the true value of the dollar… :fearful:

Dennis from Boum suggested using balanced cables, which did fix the problem I had with the bypass outputting a different volume compared to the 100% dry signal in active mode. I’m not really technically minded enough to add much more to the balanced/ubalanced question, other than this did fix the problem.

2 Likes

I swear to Almighty Steve the whole balanced vs unbalanced thing and under what circumstances it makes a difference (and to what) still leaves me utterly confounded.

(Sorry for the derail rant but it’s been a tough day and I needed a safe place to vent. I love you guys.)

3 Likes
  • 1 on this as well, i messaged them about purchasing new knobs because i wanted my BIM BAM BOUM to all match and he sent me the ones i needed free of charge!
5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Is this pedal solid for guitar?

just got the BIM and the BAM … i have the audiofuse studio and ableton live … can’t figure out how to connect the pedals to audiofuse inside ableton so i can use them with my instruments software … and audio tracks … any idea ?