OTC, Octatrack randomizer [Reaktor ensemble]

Hi, Can some show the link, please? I can not find on the Native Instrument site.

Thank you

Itā€™s been mentioned twice in this very thread already, I even posted the link.
Itā€™s in the files section here at elektronauts.com

Thank You.

hey man any chance you can put this on the reaktor user library or somewhere else than the elektron files section, im getting a size mismatch error, its completing then only showing a 47kb file that errors upon trying to extract, cheers.

I will upload it to the Reaktor user library, maybe there is some OT users there too.
But not sure I can include the project and samplesā€¦

cheers bro :slight_smile:

I just uploaded it in the Reaktor user library. With samples, project and everything. Enjoy!

Terrific Job! I love the interface: Simple but quite effective and elektron style. I will try your concept and work with it in Live and M4L. Iā€™m trying to figure out some automation on your scenes scheme using the OT Midi sequencer also; this opens a new workflow for me where you can create this loops with the scenes and sequence them to make a song.

Do you have a Paypal account or something for donations? Even if this has no cost that doesnā€™t mean we cannot be thankful to you!

1 Like

Iā€™ve been doing this. Itā€™s fantastic.

In Reaktor, you can assign a MIDI Note to each of the OTC controls, then run a MIDI Track on the OT with trigs to change Scene or Randomise.

However, the next version of OTC allows you to send the Scenes parameter settings from the Reaktor ens back to the OTā€™s Scenes. This is much better because you can switch between Scenes instantly and use the cross-fader to find sweet spots. Also you can store 256 Scenes!

anyone using this successfully with ableton? i cant get the ensemble to send any midi out, i have a dummy midi track next to the reaktor instrument track which is recieving from the reaktor track then out to the elektron but im not getting any midi signals out of reaktor, only internally where i can see the midi indicators firing.

thanks.

edit: cant seem to get it working in standalone either, must be something up with my midi settings, use my midi out on my rme fireface to sequence my modular every day but for some reason shes not playing ball with reaktor.

I always had issues sending Reaktorā€™s midi CCs out of Ableton [I use Plogue Bidule as a vst host now]
Youā€™d better use this ensemble in standalone. If anyone knows how to do this with Ableton though I am really interested to know how!
If it doesnā€™t work in standalone check a few things:
your rme out should be ā€œonā€ in midi settings but I guess you did that already, you can also change in the instruments properties the device you send midi out to, you might need to do it for each 8 midi instrumentsā€¦
I hope this helps!

I will post an update this week that will allow writing the scenes created in the Reaktor ensemble to the Octatrack :slight_smile:
Also a manual, a few new features and bugs fix
[Maybe a little surprise for Christmas too]
Thanks everyone for your kind words !

1 Like

yeh turns out their was a bug with rme soundcards and mavericks that fucked the midi out, got the new drivers last night so hopefully should all be peachy nowā€¦

in regards to midi out in ableton, in my experience you always have to have a dummy track next to the instrument that acts like a thru channel because as soon as you drop an instrument on a midi channel it loses its midi out menu, also AUā€™s cant send midi out in ableton as i understand, or is problematic so best to use vstā€™s, ill report back if i can get it working in ableton later today for ya, cheers :wink:

ended up working fine for me in standalone, nice stuff man. :slight_smile:

did you mention that the full version would make it able to paste random trigs down? that would be cool, looking forward to that.

also if i had one request it would be for some kind of range control on the randomisation, especially the start point, like if your someone that has your 16/32 drum slices down, you dont want to go over that range or it will always just play the end slice, but its not really that big of a deal, i can customise my own version if needed.

keep it up :slight_smile:

It seems that controlling the octatrack from ableton itĀ“s not possible; not in a natural way that I know. The problem is that when reaktor is put on a channel with multi midi output, ableton merge everything into a single channel. Since we need 8 channels for the octatrack, it cant be done.

There is a workaround i found where you can use a a kind of OSC bridge and split the MIDI message into multiple ableton channels. Seems quite unorthodox for something you can achieve easily by having the standalone Reaktor parallel to Ableton but if someone is interested here is the link to the video:

Quite strange situation with ableton.

1 Like

In Reaktor, you can assign a MIDI Note to each of the OTC controls, then run a MIDI Track on the OT with trigs to change Scene or Randomise.
[/quote]
Can you explain how to do this? I thought it was as easy as mapping with MIDI OSC Learn but it doesnt seems to work; i also tried to bring the note to the controllers list but i can drag and drop the note into the control to map it. What am i doing wrong?

Hey guys,

Iā€™m using Logic X and am wondering how youā€™re connecting Reaktor to the midi in of the OT?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

[/quote]
Can you explain how to do this? I thought it was as easy as mapping with MIDI OSC Learn but it doesnt seems to work; i also tried to bring the note to the controllers list but i can drag and drop the note into the control to map it. What am i doing wrong?[/quote]
I figure it out! I wasnā€™t specifying the midi source in the panel.

[/quote]
Can you explain how to do this? I thought it was as easy as mapping with MIDI OSC Learn but it doesnt seems to work; i also tried to bring the note to the controllers list but i can drag and drop the note into the control to map it. What am i doing wrong?[/quote]
You probably donā€™t have the midi channel set correctly for the ensemble.
Click on the Edit Mode button to the right of the Magnifying Glass and Down Arrow, so that Edit Mode is On. Now you should see an extra tab for Properties (looks like a tick in a box) - this is where you set the midi channel which will affect the ens. You may need to click the instrument in the structure first.
Sorry if thatā€™s a bit vague but im not in front of mac for a few hours. Also try sending on Channel 16 - think that might be the OTC defaultā€¦

1 Like

So, is it possible to save the scenes on the octatrack? I tried while holding the scene button but it didnt work as spectedā€¦
By the way i think this is one of the best things to happen to octatrack ever . Thanks a lot for sharing your work.