OTC, Octatrack randomizer [Reaktor ensemble]

Hi everyone
I just uploaded a project with a Reaktor ensemble that allows you to randomize the Octatrack parameters and create virtual scenes.
This is a demo (full version coming soon) and there is still a lot of bugs to fix. Be careful if you chose to randomize a lot of parameters at the same time.
Comments and suggestions are welcome. Hope you find it useful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well done and thanks.

Im going thru a massive phase of lack of interest towards music at the moment and the Randomizers for the A4 and AR are the only things keeping me sane at the moment.

This I will surely be checking out.

Cheers

:slight_smile:

Has anyone tried it yet?
Let me know if there is a feature you will like to see.
I am trying to find the best way to write the virtual scenes created in Reaktor to the Octatrack scenes. Not easy but there is some ways
In the future version it will be bidirectional so if you move an encoder on the Octatrack it will update the ensemble to avoid confusion. There will also be “min” and “max” knobs to chose the range of the randomization [useful for smaller variation for Level and Pan for example].
I got inspired by S-layer ensemble by Twisted Tools to build this patch so I am also thinking to add a pad triggering all 8 tracks at the same time to generate layered sounds that can then be re-sampled. Basically transforming the Octatrack into hardware S-Layer :slight_smile:
Looking forward to hear some feedback!

1 Like

Sorry – does this work with the free Reaktor Player?

Unfortunately I don’t think it can work with Reaktor player…

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/reaktor-player-to-play-user-made-ensembles.213266/

That’s too bad, only Reaktor owners will be able to use it :frowning:
I have also been working on a Lemur version but I have no ipad at the moment to finish it
But it will come!

1 Like

I knew I would still have use for Komplete 10 after buying an octatrack! :slight_smile: will check it out after I somewhat learn to use the OT, got it yesterday. Where do I download?

You can download it from the “Files” section of Elektronauts. I will keep posting some Octatrack utilities made in Reaktor, mostly midi tools I have been using for a while, like CC recorders automation with 8 knobs that can be assigned to any parameters of any channel, very useful for live performance with an external controller ! And also an 8 tracks sequencer that can generate random trigs and can be recorded to the Octatrack. There is a lot to do with controlling the OT with external midi!

1 Like

And also an 8 tracks sequencer that can generate random trigs and can be recorded to the Octatrack.

Does it actually place trigs on the Octatrack?

Thanks for sharing your work so far - I’m looking forward to investigating your Reaktor ensembles this weekend!

Yes it does :slight_smile:
You can enter the live recording mode, wait for the full sequence to be played and the trigs are placed on the octatrack.!!!
It is also possible to “lock” some steps that won’t be affected by randomization.
Working on some other cool things for this sequencer, it will support per track lenght also.
I will upload it sometime next week.
Thanks for your interest! looking forward to know what you think about the randomizer

1 Like

[quote="“L~N”"]

You can enter the live recording mode, wait for the full sequence to be played and the trigs are placed on the octatrack.!!![/quote]
On MIDI tracks or Audio tracks?!?

Downloading Randomizer right now!

You can enter the live recording mode, wait for the full sequence to be played and the trigs are placed on the octatrack.!!![/quote]
On MIDI tracks or Audio tracks?!?

Downloading Randomizer right now![/quote]
It can work on both, but it is mostly designed for Audio tracks trigs, though I can modify it to make it MIDI track friendly hehe

1 Like

Ok- got the Randomizer up and running…ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!

I’m messing around with randomising all parameters at once (except for the amp page), for maximum weirdness.

Everyone with Octatrack and Reaktor needs to download this right now.

Just the fact that it can randomise every param on all the LFO and Effect pages is producing sounds I would never have produced myself.

Okay, I have to play some more!

One quick question - is the included Project set up in any unusual way with regards to CCs etc… or is everything set to default and you just included the project so there would be example sounds?

Seriously though - this is the greatest thing to happen to the Octatrack. Unbelievably great!

EDIT: Haha! Randomising the AMP page is Next Level!

1 Like

Yes you did the right thing not randomizing the Amp page [ until I setup minimum and maximum values] :wink:
The project is just for safety purpose so you don’t mess with your own projects because as you can ear it can get really wild!!!
There is no special settings just a default project, feel free to use it with your own sounds of course and then in your future projects.
I got really surprised too the first time I used it haha, it’s a crazy sound design tool!
Next step for me is to set it up right to be able to write the scenes created to the OT, and it’s already working, just takes a lot of time as I have to create a button for each parameter…
Have fun!!!

1 Like

Yeah I noticed that holding Scene A or Scene B on the Octatrack as you hit the Randomise works.

The Effect Type drop-down selectors - should they be randomising the Effect Type? I thought they were at first but seem to be stuck on the same Type now.

Randomising the Amp page apart from Volume seems pretty safe as it mostly produces quieter results due to the Attack params being increased (i guess).

EDIT: Ah - I understand a bit better now I’ve played some more. Obviously the Page 1 settings can’t be changed, eg Effect Type or LFO targets. That’s fine though - you just need to feed it a somewhat finished Project.

Would you explain the Quantize buttons though?
EDIT EDIT: Never mind - it’s pretty self-explanatory! :zonked:

Sounds amazing! I don’t have Reaktor, but I’m excited at the possibility of a Lemur version for ipad :slight_smile:

Where can I download?

Here in the files section
http://www.elektronauts.com/files/download/102

1 Like

I will spend some time writing a manual soon. If you put the infos tips in Reaktor there is some hints on the controls.
Quantize will sync the values to the tempo for example for lfo speed it will be 24-32-48-64 etc, useful to keep in sync when you randomize
when you change an effect on the OT I recommend you change in the ensemble so if you reset the settings of the cell it will give the right default values
Right now scenes can only be written when you hold A or B and randomize. Or you can input them manually. In the future it will be possible to write Reaktor scenes automatically. Enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cannot wait to try this thing! I love the A4R so I’m really excited to hear the results. Huge fan of S-layer, a hardware version sounds amazing!