OT with external FX

Ok here is my issue…

CUE out input one going to FX pedal…

Then FX into input A… I’m in studio mode… I’m able to reply samples from the OT, and apply the external fx… but I can’t figure out how to get my DN to use the same FX… the DN is going into inputs… CD…

I set up a thru machine on T8… IN is CD… T8 has the play symbol on it… shouldn’t the fx be applied when running the DN to the OT now? or am I missing a config?

Since the DT is first going into the OT youll need to set it up so that it then…after it’s “arrived” to the OT…now goes out to the Ext FX.

So however you are sending the samples to which you apply the ext fx, do that for the the DN Thru track.

1 Like

one thing i noticed first before I try your suggestion… have a sample on t2… playing with the effects… I record that sample again from t2 to t3 with the fx… the recording sounds nothing like i heard when testing before recording… trying to resample with the fx ap

That may be due to a number of issues: gain staging, OT fx applied on resample playback track, active scenes…

Try to determine the cause by comparing the 2 then looking for what might cause the difference ie lower volume, maybe gainstaging; muffled, maybe filter applied somewhere, ect.

1 Like

correct it was a gain issue :slight_smile: now back to your orignal comment about the dn and ot, and ext fx… i don’t really follow what your saying… so far, I am able to play the dn, and it goes through my ot, but i can’t apply the fx to the dn sounds

You need to now route the DN/Thru track out of the Cue outs. Use the Cue level control on the Thru track.

2 Likes

Start with cue levels at zero… overloading external effects sounds horrible is really easy to do and hurts your ears.

2 Likes

is my issue the little stop sign on t8?

Dude… thru machines need a trigger…

added a trig on one, still no luck :frowning:

Screen cap suggests you are on scene 9, anything plocked there ? Is t8 set to free track ? If you hit T8 + play what happens ?

t8 is a free tab no sounds

No… hiss, figured that out… still no fx though

You don’t even need a THRU machine, but you can send the inputs also directly to cue out.

From the manual:

Press [CUE] + [REC1] and [CUE] + [REC2] to route the incoming audio directly to the cue outputs.

The REC1 combo is for AB and the REC2 combo for CD.

3 Likes

don’t i need a thru to resample from ot samples back with fx applied?

i tried that no fx being produced

Well, for the signal coming back, you can use a THRU machine (or a recorder + flex) or you can also use DIR(ect monitoring) from the MIXER menu.

1 Like

basically i just want external machiens to use the ot fx send to external fx… but i can’t get that to work

and the hiss is back… no fx even with fx not one hiss is there… not one means not engaged…

ok got fx working hiss is present still

in mixer turn cue all way off no hiss, so as i turn it 1 the hiss starts -56 to be exact

using this mether by the way

Press [CUE] + [REC1] and [CUE] + [REC2] to route the incoming audio directly to the cue outputs.

The REC1 combo is for AB and the REC2 combo for CD.