OT with external FX

ok dn directo to fx, fx out to cd, hiss still there, changed cables, hiss still there… put fx on my keyboard… no hiss works as should… his is there with my rd808. but not guitar, or keyboard, just 808 and dt

The DN has balanced outputs. So what cables do you use to connect it directly to the fx? TS (=mono) cables?

If you are using TRS cables and the FX hasn’t balanced inputs then that’s your problem.

1 Like

fx isn’t balanced out… i’ve tried unbalanced cables…

I’m talking about the cables connected to the input(s) of the FX.

1 Like

this is as happening with all my pedals… unbalancled into the the fx, then unbalanced out right ot my mixer… dn, ot, and rd808 alll producte this hiss… effect is applied, b ut the hiss is really bad

I have used this particual ms70cdr pedal with my DN in the pass, didn’t have this issue

There a quite some reports about ms70cdr hiss (high pitched noise) issues when you google it, but no definite solution.

1 Like

When you send the DN/Thru out of the Cue into the external fx do the input AB lights on the OT light up, eg is the DN signal being successfully routed through the ext fx and back to the OT?

If they do, you’re doing something wrong with recording, and I would advise you give the manual a good read.

1 Like

turns out bad cables… 4 batches from amazon… pedals work fine with new cables on all machines… let me get back to the OT problem… but it seems everytime i turn the machine off, i turn it back on and encounter a di fferent error… lost all my trig patterns… brb let me try all this stuff

As always, RTFM and Merlins Guide. Good luck.

1 Like

ok everything is working as it should… i’m holding the cue+fun+rec1

it is all working now… thank you so much… everyone… with the cue,func,rec1, will i beable to resample and record the samples with the fx a pplied externally

1 Like

btw i read the manual, it wasn’t a manual issue, turns out 4 cables from amazon were bad… they were unbalnced ttoo :slight_smile: not sure why you hat to say rtfm, kinda rude :frowning:

Sorry. I didn’t mean to be rude. RTFM has been over used to the point of neutral that it’s just what people say.

it’s okay everything is working great :slight_smile: now everything is working… i relooked at the manual, is there a way to add a random pitch to a trig?
I figured this out too but :slight_smile:

for example I make the random pitch-got it in lfo :slight_smile:

Once sampled you can use an LFO for that

Oh looks like you found it