OT TRig Conditions (TRC) thread

I wonder if one-shot trigs will affect things too. What if you had a one-shot trig which utilised the neighbour conditional options? It could potentially change the whole sequence if you set up other trigs to be affected by the one-shot trig as a neighbour. Effectively you could have an A and B state for a sequence (or get even more complicated than that), based on the positioning, condition settings and arm status of one-shot trigs.

Behold :elot: TRC UI Saviour

@data-purge :thup:

4 Likes

sheeeeeeee just realizedā€¦ OT SONG MODE + conditrigs = ???

Good times ahead for tracker enthusiasts surely!

1 Like

That sounds interesting. do you mind going into detail about your thoughts?

Well, since you can iterate sections of a pattern in the song mode, throwing in conditional trigs into the mix will go even beyond the usual tracker paradigms.

You know how in trackers, one can build intricate looping subsections inside a pattern, and have those iterate for X times? Now, even more trickery will be possible when combining these iterat ive processes.

Iā€™m not a tracker enthusiast myself but know some people who would love this to bits!

1 Like

Imagine someone like Strobe with an OTā€¦

3 Likes

:scream::scream::grin: this is a great news! i hope it wonā€™t bring any new issue in the OS thoughā€¦ :rolling_eyes:

1 Like

:rolling_eyes:

but yeh this is awesomeā€¦ it helps me quite a bit

And do we know when it will be out? If memory serves the previous firmwares have appeared out of the blue.

Just a thought : with TRC, do we need one shots anymore ?

For a long sample :
1ST
is true the first pattern cycle (until the pattern has looped). 1ST is true when 1ST is not.
A:B
will be true on the A:th pattern iteration, then true again after B iterations, repeating indefinitely

For Fills
FILL is only true (will activate the note trig) when fill mode is active

Maybe one shots can be used as
Fills with X% :loopy:
X% is a probability condition. There is an x% chance of it being true

You can transpose from arranger, Iā€™m just wishing for a convenient way to transpose MIDI tracks in teal time from an external keyboard and from everything Iā€™ve been able to find on here and elsewhere, nobody has found a good way to do that. Not the end of the world to not have it but it would be a really useful feature.

1 Like

Why donā€™t you make several transposed patterns, and change them with Prog Change from your keyboard ?
Off topic anyway.

I donā€™t know, the way I use them I the first two wouldnā€™t work and I wouldnā€™t want to have to hold fillā€¦
I press enter+yes (yes disabled) then let go and on the next cycle(or before) the one shot happens, one shots on different tracks of other patterns remain armedā€¦
Fill would have to latch just until it hits a trig, and per each track to get this functionalityā€¦

1 Like

I am unconditionally triggered by this news.

5 Likes

Is it bad that Iā€™ve got an erection over this?

3 Likes

If you keep it until the new OS (2.00 ?), it can be bad.

4 Likes

letā€™s keep it geeky and not cheeky gents ā€¦ and no memes on this one @sezare56 :wink:

3 Likes

30 Likes

Fantastic news about conditional trigs! Just hope theyā€™re able to change the code so the Retrig triggers envelopes.

1 Like