OT TRig Conditions (TRC) thread

I have no idea what is going on. I was under the impression that the plays free midi tracks were broken. I’ve never gotten them to work.

They’re broken when used with trig mode ‘direct’ (unquantized).

Well they’re broken now, but if Elektron are adding features maybe they’re also fixing bugs :scream:

4 Likes

This post amongst other green lights above & elsewhere

It is definitely a MK1 feature incoming

3 Likes

There’s a gazillion options now…
My first idea was to create a fill or melody plays free one shot track on the audio side, made out of recorder trig sampling of external gear…
Use a conditional midi trig to launch that track every once in awhile, and either internally(if we can condition recorder trigs) or by midi loop conditionally record again to update its samples once in awhile…

3 Likes

On the MIDI side with the OT’s unique track tempo multipliers, this is going to be epic … especially if you factor in the NEI PRE possibilities … there’s possibilities for never repeating structures even using the same MIDI channel across tracks … can’t wait

4 Likes

here’s hoping, but I wonder how they’d accommodate arming a record trig … does it make sense to arm a recorder for that trig to then throw the dice … maybe it should be a user caution thing, but there’s something conceptually weird about that and i’m not so sure they’ll let a user fall foul to a trap like that … I hope I’m wrong and it’s a free-for-all TRCs anywhere :loopy:

This is fantastic news. Conditional trigs make drum programming a lot of fun.

I think they’re gonna let us do it… If not we can use a conditional midi note with loopback…

1 Like

This week I’ve gone and started the Eurorack addiction, the timing of this has been perfect. 8 tracks of conditional OT MIDI via the Expert Sleepers module then sampling the results with more conditionals for audio is going to be a riot.

4 Likes

I’m gonna be honest- I’m fantasizing about getting another OT right now :smiley:

Edit: I don’t even have an OT, but I’m still really excited by this news

5 Likes

Someone from E mentioned the midi tracks also have trig conditions. Is that the case on Digitakt too?

Yup

1 Like

I don’t see any problem with that—if you arm the recorder, the trig should start recording whenever the conditions allow it to trigger, yes?

2 Likes

If you can micro time a record trig, there’s a good chance you can condition it, as well. As that’s where the conditions will reside.

3 Likes

As happy as I am about this on behalf of everyone else, I’d personally have rather had pattern transpose in the MIDI section and/or the option for pre-effects mute.

But this is still fantastic news.

OH, I haven’t read the whole thread yet but did anyone else notice “256 sample slots per project” in there?

2 Likes

Just in case you were unaware, each midi track can be transposed individually with the arp transpose setting, even if it’s not on…
I imagine you probably know about xvol and scenes for pre fx mutes, there’s also function+amp vol to drop it to 0 real quick… With a midi controller you can make a toggle that goes between 0 and 64 to amp vol…
Not negating your wishes, just suggesting workarounds… :wink:

4 Likes

I know about xvol and scenes, I just wish you could do it from the mixer screen. I didn’t realize the arp transpose would work for the whole track though, I thought plocked notes wouldn’t be transposed. Thanks for the tip!

EDIT: also, to be fair, I was downplaying how psyched I am about conditional trigs just to be contrarian, as soon as I posted that I texted my friend who I’m collaborating with right now specifically to tell him I’d have conditional trigs soon. We’re doing long, evolving, vaguely Berlin School inspired semi-improvised stuff so it’s actually a huge thing for my part in that.

I think I can probably pick up a Faderfox UC4 in a few weeks, so once I have that I can just set up a configuration with the faders controlling playback volume for pre-FX drops and another with them controlling track volume for normal mixing.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Introducing Octatrack MKII

Copied and pasted from Elektronauts! :ecstatic:

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Introducing Octatrack MKII