OT - sound quality

Case Closed!

6 Likes

I wonder if anyoneā€™s ever told some persons itā€™s okay to not like something, itā€™s not that big of a deal.

6 Likes

The patience of a saint!

Didnā€™t come here at all yesterday and now I want the last 30 min of my life back.

6 Likes

Me too!!!
Me tooooo!!! :joy:

Elektronauts now have their own infinite scrolling loop!

2 Likes

I wish the OT tracks could handle mixed sample rates. How about that as a upgrade for the mk3? Letā€™s look forward about possibilities in the world of hardware samplers.

Honestly no one could tell a sample has gone thru the OT if you know how to use it and can polish it a bit in a DAW, and even the polishin is unnecessary in most cases. No one. All these guys saying they got ripped off, that itā€™s unusable etc. have the kind of golden ears that the colour peels off in a blind test. A sampler from '91 has better soundā€¦ Yeah, it could well have but it doesnā€™t matter one bit in a finished product. As far as the onboard effects go, yeah theyā€™re kinda shit, which is why I have pedals (which are also kind of shit but in a more pleasing way). Unfortunate, but back in 2010 multieffects werenā€™t quite as good as they are now. I do wish theyā€™d release an update to make the effects modular, to let you add and remove effects and have fewer but of higher q. That very likely wonā€™t happen, so Iā€™m content with using my pedals.

1 Like

in regards to FX - i recognized that the tweakability of the FX is not as wide-ranged as a usual vst plugin is - but, and this is important: using Neighbour -Tracks to build custom FX is really, really amazing and maybe one of the best things Iā€™m liking about the OT right now. I couldnā€™t care less for ā€œpristineā€ sound quality, because most of the music thatā€™s interesting is never going to be ā€œauthenticā€ or ā€œrealisticā€. A classical recording might come close to this feeling, but even there: why should I listen to a raw recording when I enjoy mixed/mastered Recordings much more?

I just mastered an album with Tracks each from a different artists, where people made their tracks with Digitakts, Ableton, Octatrack (myself :-), Modular Synth, etc.

And I think that all sounded great, although one Track had missing highend due to a malfunctional mixing desk (the artist performed it ā€œliveā€) as I was told - and in the end I even liked most a Track that had obvious problems with overcompression at some part of the Track. OT Sound Quality is just no category thatā€™s interesting in regard to electronic music production. As was mentioned a lot: subjective taste and if you can really become fond of a workflow.

Seriously, why is this thread still going?

End this madness.

4 Likes

We could all go back to the analog four sound quality thread for a bit if you like :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I have some concerns about this threadā€™s quality. If you sample this thread with an Octatrack will it implode?|

4 Likes

I actually really enjoyed it, A+ would read again

4 Likes

I probably just need to sort my gainstaging out.

3 Likes

I really liked the thread, even though it seemed a little gearslutesque, because some people brought some good points. but yeah, maybe 20/682 readable and enjoyable posts in total is a little meager :wink:

1 Like

Maybe with a consensus?
OT sound quality is not great, nor bad.
Some fx are good, some arenā€™t.

9 Likes

Way to end in a cliffhanger. Waiting for season 2ā€¦

1 Like

I heard OT sound will be much better with next updateā€¦:pl:

2 Likes

Soā€¦

The OT is OK? Happy medium :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Yes, it seems usable. :content:

3 Likes

This tread is more helpful because of the personal flavors!

By adding examples of the creative impulse in use with particular sampler is something I would like to see more. Even if itā€™s just a reference to another artist instead of yourself.

2 Likes

Incidentally the OT is not one of my favourite sampling samplers. I find it a bit time consuming. Makes up for it with versatility and endless mangling possibilities, though.