OT shimmer attempt gone way left and created something new

Underrated effect. Especially as you can trigger it with trigless trigs.

Good stuff. Perfect example of the curse (this is not what I’d intended) and blessing (holy !$@×) that is the OT.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried neighbour tracks yet , but I do like to send main out into cue fx via mixer , careful amounts of feedback and Lofi.

i only recently started to use the neighbour function while searching for personal and unique epic fx on my 303, i am now loving neighbours because of all the crazy modulations that become part of a pattern - mind blowing.

also you get a much better palette of reverb i find using many models one after another mixed with other stuff.

2 Likes

I use a lot of the amp parameters to get nice gate fx , sequence random delay sends etc, very. Nice fx box .

I’ve been digging into the arp too , helps to keep my notes in right scale.

2 Likes

hehe, who doesn’t need help with scales ? i know i do :rofl:

but seriously, use a couple of tracks or more for neighbours - you will see the bright lights at the end of the tunnel

Nice ! Missing kicks and hi hats ! :smile:

I tried to do a shimmer fx once, but it became something else too !
I’ll try again tonight, I was thinking about a regular track T1 with Dark Reverd, a track T2 recording T1, played with +12 pitch, timestretch on, filter, Dark Reverb.
For higher pitch, you can use T3, recording T2.

Edit : just tried, works pretty well.

2 Likes

Posted this a while ago, useful for OT

1 Like

Let’s hear it then matey

1 Like

Wow. Thanx for the in-depth explanation. I’m trying to escape the loop here…get out of the same old hat. I’ve used neighbor tracks to effect my synth, but never to this sort of extreme. I was getting this sort of stuff on my iPad with sampler in audiobus pretty easily, using a bunch effects and synths…but with OT, I end up making Technoish stuff. It’ll take more time, and researching, but I’ll get there. I checked out your youtube channel and enjoy all your music.
thanx again

2 Likes

Shimmer attempt. 1+2+3 octaves up.

• T1 with Dark Reverb (Thru, Flex, Static, Pickup)
  • T2 recording T1, played with +12 pitch, timestretch on, filter, Dark Reverb (Octave 1)
  • T3 recording T2, same settings (Octave 2)
  • T4 recording T3, same settings (Octave 3)
16 Likes

crazy crazy stuff @sezare56 :scream_cat: :+1:

did you think about adding a comb filter or phaser to the pitched verb? try it

2 Likes

thanks for listening ! :+1:

keep experimenting :grinning:

I’ll try, but it already uses 4 tracks !
Comb filter won’t follow the notes, but you can plock some.
I’d rather modulate the filter base instead of phaser, because I use it as low cut.
I was thinking about a chorus too.

2 Likes

Better than Strymon Shimmer on both efforts here.
But I think my neighbors dog is going to commit suicide now.

1 Like

That voodoo shimmeys.

2 Likes

So i got this of a subreddit and I found it to be quite nice for creating a shimmer reverb with the OT:

T8 set to master, length 128. T1 for your source sound (sample or thru), T2 flex machine with recording buffer R2 assigned. R2 is recording SCR3 set to T8. Place 64 trigs and 64 recording trigs on T2 and set playback pitch to +0.2 (you can also play with other values edit: I think a real shimmer pitch-shift the reverb tail + one octave but I found that to be a too big step on each trig). Dark reverb on T2, 100% wet mix and long reverb time. Set HP, LP and track level to taste. Credits to user “Lakehousememory”

2 Likes
1 Like

My bad! maybe I should change my name to Re-Postmortem :zipper_mouth_face:

:smile: No problem, Shimmer on master can be interesting too. But I don’t think you need so many trigs, if timestretch is on. One octave up or a fifth is the minimum for me.

I have to make a test with timestretch off, one octave up pitch played later.
Edit : done, not convincing.

You made my day :sunglasses: