OT Science Lab - 1 year study - who’s up for it? [LAUNCHED]

:Just got my brand new otmk2… im in for this!:wink::thup::elot:

7 Likes

Welcome!

3 Likes

First More Cowbell version !
Where is the challenge thread ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

I wonder how long it takes that the first one (maybe sezare56?) delivers his results for all 12 challenges. One week?

… just got into the flow and couldn’t stop …

:wink:

2 Likes

New rule: 1st challenger of a particular challenge starts the thread :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Great sounds! Got some hang/hand pan timbres in there, very nice!

4 Likes

OT Science Lab - 1 year study - 11 - More Cowbell :cb:

3 Likes

Soooo… I’ve been avoiding saying if I’m in because I haven’t had steady OT access., I really should be part of this though and I love that it’s happening. I’m on Ipad so couldn’t view the zip until I remembered and finally just downloaded the zip extracter for @tsutek told me about 2 years ago, thanks tsutek. I’m a few pages in and loving it… Calulator, Dice :smiley: :smile: When I got to my quote I had to post something… Haha…

It’s a year long so I’ll dip my toe in for now and dive fully in later. Maybe there’s another job for me when I don’t have OT access,
Referee?? :thinking::joy:

5 Likes

Job Description: VIC - Very Important Commentator :smile:

3 Likes

Since my OT MK2 arrived today, you can finally count me in. Actually I’m working on my own challenge namely:

Challenge 0 (Prelude): Use Demo Mode to produce a Song

(someone at Elektron missed to put the CF card into the box)

5 Likes

Ouch!!!

Ohhhh… Your special challenge! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
They’ll send you one for sure…

A challenge? :slight_smile:
“Don’t use a CF card and write everything to reproduce it later.”:smile:

You can record OT’s notes with A4. :wink:

1 Like

Of course, I’m not worried a bit. And the world will be definitely a better place when these first manglings will be gone when the power gets turned off :slight_smile:

How to copy&paste the notes back from the A4 to the OT afterwards? It doesn’t even recognize the usb mouse I’ve connected … :rofl:

2 Likes

Ya know, I bet there’s a lot to learn examining that demo… Only fired it up for a few minutes myself, reminds me to go back and take a look see… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great idea, the challenges would work great as a general “challenges to improve your OT skills” doc, outside of the lab I mean.

I’ll have a go, with the sure and certain knowledge that my classical one will sound like the world’s worst school orchestra having an improved session.

2 Likes

It has lots of good ideas for scenes, I remember that

1 Like

At last it arrived, I’m in!!!

8 Likes

MKIIs allowed? :smile:
Plug it first !

1 Like

I might be able to join in soon…
I’m work trading at a music studio that’s in a house for exchange for sleeping there and food, it’s kinda perfect… My OTs been setup for a week now and it seems this sitch might roll through the summer…
It might be almost time for some more cowbell! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Yes! :thup:

I have only 3 samples on my CF card. I mostly used the cowbell one. :smile:

4 Likes