OT Science Lab - 1 year study - 11 - More Cowbell :cb:

LP Filter/resonance.

2 Likes

Every track made out of that one sample so far shows very different results. In this, I get a scify action cinema vibe, very nice.

2 Likes

Resampling at Rate 4 = 4 octaves down!

3 Likes

Wonderful.

Thank you very much! :raised_hands:t3: The composition wasnā€™t the greatest, just two patterns with two scenes, hopping back and forth. Most recently, Iā€™ve been doing 60-second bursts for instagram posts. I have to remember to stretch my legs more often!

1 Like

Extraordinary and inspiring!

1 Like

This is my first attempt. Recorded in Bitwig, without effects.

23 Likes

Thatā€™s really cool! I like the way you built it up and introduced the cowbell-cowbell and kept it moving and interesting - nice work, given me even more to think about in my efforts!

2 Likes

Very nicely done!

1 Like

Yep, great sounds!
Cymbal like sound is cowbell with Rate set to TSTR?
Makes me want to make another one but Iā€™m working on the Chain Gang.
Maybe you can improve your kick, and there are too much cowbells at the end for me! :smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.
The shaker like sound made by modulating the Rate.
I need to improve the kick definietly. Iā€™ll try to record another one later.

Great stuff @cold_fashioned and @Marklaar :thup:

2 Likes

@cold_fashioned Great sounds too. I think itā€™d deserve the heaviest kick you can do!
Comb filters can be great for kicksā€¦
Not allowed!
Exp Lfo on rate, pitch +12, low rate, filter envelope, filter distā€¦

2 Likes

Not the shaker but the sound at 1ā€™15", crash / china cymbal likeā€¦

rate -64, pitch +12 + dark reverb

1 Like

Thatā€™s really pretty nice, I like the evolution of the track. Itā€™s a nice touch to include the cowbell in a recognisable way too. I quite like the sense of space in it too. Makes me realise that my work in progress is too busy just now and I need to behave myself.

2 Likes

Yes. I have to too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think Iā€™ll probably include it in my final version but a bit overdriven through the filter in homage to the classic distorted 808 cowbell sound.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words! @sezare56, maybe Iā€™ll redo this jam with a proper kick, just for fun? Thanks for the tips.

@Marklaar - your project is great. All this from the humble cowbell!

1 Like

I enjoyed this very much. Very groovy feel, so minimal.

1 Like