OT mk2 Grey or Black?

Sounds great…does Elektron sell replacement faceplates on their own? Or are files available online for the layout of the mk2? Would be nice for customization.

They sell the faceplates, ($71.00) but they will only sell you the version you own, so you can’t swap a grey for a black. There are companies online that sell custom faceplate decal stickers you can put over them.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info!
Replacement faceplates sound good!
Not so much a fan of the decals being sold so far…

2 Likes

I like the OT gun metal grey.I spent a little bit more for the analog four mk2 in black. I figured I would regret having two different greys sitting next to each other for the next decade.

…and the winner is…GREY!

just ordered one. Bit the bullet and and got a brand new one including decksaver.

Super psyched, now it’s time to wait by the door for the postman :smiley:

6 Likes

Congratulations dude. I just traded my grey for a black.

Jk. Congrats man. Excited for ya!

1 Like

grey +1000…

3 Likes

Thank you, how funny! And I thought I was getting a black one…but the dealer was too dodgy.
Enjoy you new toy too, looking forward to your new videos!

1 Like

Thank you! No new toys man, still the same old grey ot for me! Looking forward to your beats!

1 Like

Didn’t trade after all?

1 Like

Nah was just messing with you! Love my grey one :v:t3:

1 Like

:joy: Noice!

1 Like

First off, I think both colors are awesome. Simple and clean. It is absolutely ridiculous to consider buying a new one for the color in my opinion.

Second, my slight preference is to the grey. It’s more unique and modern. Black is black, like 99% of the gear out there.

But I’ve seen both and they are both fine.

One thing is for certain, tallying up opinions on a forum to influence a purchase is a sign that it’s time to stop buying things. No one is going to knock on your door and be your friend because you have a black Octatrack.

6 Likes

I might!
But I would if it was gray too.

I kind of wanted a black AR MK2 when they first came out but now I’m happy I still have my gray one.

Button contrast is appreciated here.
It also matches my OT MKI buttons :slight_smile:

6 Likes

To conclude this thread…I got a grey one and I am happy about it!
The buttons look more grey/ less black than I thought, which is nice.

5 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Cheers!

It looks like Grey version disappeared from Elektron’s website menu and not in stock in major online shops anymore

1 Like

It’s still listed, just out of stock. Their stuff goes in and out of stock all the time.

1 Like

The grey is also at a lower price

1 Like