OT mk2 Grey or Black?

Where?

The grey one also sounds better…the black one has inferior sound quality!
:wink:

3 Likes

£999

1 Like

I have OCD and having the AR & A4 MK2s and the Digitakt in black with a gray OT… well, you know how that story goes. :joy:

2 Likes

I don’t agree. It sounds grey. :pl:

1 Like

Black of course. I had the chance to snag the AE, lovely.

One of my favorite :

3 Likes

Pick the grey one if you like it or buy the black one if you think it looks better.

6 Likes

Grey one is already here :wink:
Now this thread is just for talking some trash

1 Like

Hey guys. I will be getting an Octatrack MK2 later this month. Can buy it either used or new/mint. The prices on them are not too bad either. What I am wondering about though. I have read on the forums and through some other outlets quite a lot of information regarding the new black mk2 versions… in terms of some manufacturing issue that makes the grey version better to “read” when you are using it. So is it true and is it still an issue or what’s happening regarding that? Thank you.

If you buy a black one, I’ll trade you my grey one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think you’re good either way. The black one looks great in my book, I’d be surprised if there are significantly worse quality control issues with that version compared to eg the grey one (wrong button caps, poor led performance and off colours on the trigs etc were all issues that popped up when those were released).

Whatever colour you choose, I wish you great enjoyment with the OT, it’s the device that gives me the most joy still.

1 Like

Checkout the cremecaffe overlays. They make the words really easy to read and look great.

1 Like

Also, this might be completely superficial, but if you already have or end up getting more elektron gear, it’s most likely black and will look better together.

1 Like

Grey all dey

2 Likes

Yeah true. I have Digitone and model:samples. If the manufacturing is equal for both grey/black then I believe I will go with the black one then.

I will look into it thank you! :slight_smile:

Thank you. Yes. I think it will work well as a “hub” to sample into from outboard chains.

I have the grey version and I would like to make it black because I think it looks cooler, but really it’s not a big deal, I guess I care a bit about this because I love my OT so much and I want it to be perfect. I even considered getting a custom front panel from https://www.frontpanelexpress.com/ and painting the rest of the box with spray paint, hah

I had to think and think about this. Gray is still available and $150 cheaper. My other MK2’s are gray and my Digi’s are black. Could go either way, but that $150 can buy me a few expansion packs and I went gray. Now if XL7 Orange or Mo Phatt Purple were options…