OT MK 1 Live Sampling Not Working

There seems to be audio sampled (zoom in to confirm), hold Function + Yes to preview - no audio coming? Check main out cabling, mixer/daw, monitors etc.

If you go to a track, assigned a flex machine, you can play the recorder buffer (double tap track button and scroll with the level encoder up - slots 1-8 are your recorder buffers, select the one used for sampling) - or you can save the sample in audio editor (Effect 2 button brings you there within the audio editor) and load it directly onto a slot to play it with a flex machine.

Make sure your amp envelope is set long enough (set amp hold in sequencer steps for how long you want playback + a little release), if you don’t want timestretch, deactivate that.
Put a trig on the track to trigger either playback of the recorder buffer or of the sample.

2 Likes

another snag. I cannot load/find any sound on the OT to put on a Flex track, I had the Loopmasters File sounds and a few other folders, they are not showing up as I double hit the record track button, scrolling, etc. nothing is available.

? You mean the track button hopefully. Double click track button, go to an empty slot ( remember to load samples into the sample slots not recorder buffers 1-8)
When you get to empty slot hit yes and here you can browse samples.

Thanks. Doing everything as on video. Its not pointing to any audio folders…missing. I must have not correctly loaded the previous files. Will go back to the system USB Disk mode and do that again.

What samples are you trying find? The built in ones? Or samples you put on the OT? Use the arrows to get to different directories.

trying to find built in drums etc. Maybe my CF card is not correctly set up

Right, so now you have to learn how to navigate the OT’s file system. When you go to the the empty slot and hit yes, where does it take you? What do you see?

track 5, where I want the new sound, there is an existing sample there. Its the only sample I can see

If you don’t have anything of consequence on that drive…damn, your worse then I was.

1 Like

I’d like to take the time to better organize and name the samples I did… some day. and put into folders.

Yeah… You are not understanding basic concepts again. I’m not sure I can write that all out. You have to load samples into the flex slots from the drive.

1 Like

yeah, i do understand that. No matter what arrows I go to, and press yes, etc. no files are showing up.

Empty flex slot. Press yes. This takes you to your drive, where you use arrows to find files. Can’t help beyond that.

Maybe time for you to share some screenshots of what you actually see at each step of the way in order for us to help you more clearly, right now it seems that @thoughtstarZ is investing his time and you guys aren‘t really getting anywhere.

2 Likes

ok

I can scroll to any empty flex slot (120 or so), and no available folder shows up.

What exactly do you see when you select an empty slot and hit yes?

If you see no folders, maybe you are inside an empty folder? Navigate back with left arrow.

On the top you can see where you are in the folder hierarchy.

1 Like

I would suggest watching this whole tutorial series. Over and over if you have to. Until you understand the basic concepts behind the OT. Take a day off from thinking and just follow the instructions over and over until it clicks.

5:31 is where Thavius shows what you want to do.

3 Likes