OT lessons?

Set a trig, (red) then hold Func and press Trig again (orange- I think?) (that’s how Mk1 works anyway).

It will rec when it passes step 1 and then be disarmed,. Then you can arm/disarm by pressing yes/no while in Rec set up menu.

2 Likes

I did it, it worked, I don’t know if I’m making music or playing a video game, every new thing I do is like battle the next level boss. Feels good when you win tho.

7 Likes

Any thoughts on this?

The LED lights on A-B are just going back and forth flashing red. B flashes red and then A flashes red, there is nothing sending it any levels, it does this when the machine is stopped.

That one is a mystery. Nothing plugged in to A/B you said? I don’t suppose the A/B gain input in the mixer menu has been turned up?

If reading the manual section suggested by @PeterHanes doesn’t help, I really don’t know.

Ok, I like it when I’m not crazy, combing the manual but its strange for sure.

I haven’t read the whole thread but you might find an answer here

Stumped everyone, turned into a ticket, read it earlier, I really try and not ask questions I haven’t researched. I’m the most annoying guy here.

“This is a bug that seems to be happening with all Octatracks, we are looking into this issue. Thanks for letting us know - no need to return the machine though.”

You’ve cued the A/B inputs…

Same button combo to uncue…

14 Likes

OMG I love you. Thanks Mike!

4 Likes

Happy :elot:ing
May the flex be with you…

10 Likes

My personal beginner mantra was: In case of doubt start a fresh project, do the same and be conscious about each step.

Later I added: no more templates (saved OT project configs for a specific purpose)
Fresh setup keeps the muscle memory on point.

7 Likes

To start with fresh settings you can also clear the pattern and the part, or change bank (hence new part / pattern). That way it keeps projects settings like Tempo, Master Track etc…).

In my experimental projects I usually change banks to start from scratch again. I choose the same pattern number as bank number, much quicker (Bank2/Patt2, Bank3/Patt3, etc).

To experiment from existing settings you can copy / paste parts, compare the results switching parts.

9 Likes

nice tip :ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Well, it would have helped had anyone actually read it. It took the lovely @Open_Mike to type out that section again for anyone to read what it says.
:nerd:

5 Likes

Today’s commitment to myself:

Study the part of the manual of the next feature I’m undertaking, before undertaking it and not bugging Peter

11 Likes

Gotta say. A classic Octatrack thread.
The heroin dealer part was funny and peter and mike playing good cop / bad cop is all par for the course. Even had a “conclusion” post worthy of scooby doo

13 Likes

Some folks just like getting cranky and commanding others to read the manual :slight_smile:
Heck, I read the manual and Merlin’s guide before I got my OT, then many times after…Doesn’t mean I understood it!

8 Likes

Yeah, don’t commit to any project at first. That’s a great tip.

2 Likes

Without asking!! Crossfade!!

2 Likes