OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

If you hold YES, they are continuously played, as FILL. You can even add trig conditions to one shots, eventually with FILL. That makes a secondary FILL level.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty dope. Iā€™ll need to look into that. Still, I canā€™t see a reason why just holding PAGE doesnā€™t work the same as it does on the Digi boxes.

1 Like

Iā€™d like that too. Maybe send it as a suggestion to feature-request@elektron.se

1 Like

Woah! :exploding_head:

1 Like

Iā€™d love an OT that played nice with the Digisā€¦ they would daisy chain by USB and the OT (mk3?) would recognize its sisters and offer all available Digi-tracks as routing options the way you get them through Overbridge.

1 Like

Right! I have also suggested this in one of their surveys. All Elektron machines could be connected in this way and any track could be routed to any track on the connected machine. Yes - probably only possible on a future OT. I hope they are working on this!

1 Like

Native functionality akin to the polyphony of audio tracks possible with the rk002 would be amazing, as I just find the web editor for the rk a bit difficult at times! My fault obviously though. Similarly, the ability to live record into multiple midi tracks at once, have requested both so maybe some day :v:

1 Like

Dear @Elektron please let us have TRIG PROBABILITY (per track) for the Octatrack.
It would be so very helpful :smiley:

3 Likes

Already there see CONDITIONAL LOCKS.

Nope. Trig Conditions are there but not TRIG PROBABILITY per track like the Digi boxes.

1 Like

A4 and AR too, with last update!
Called Chance on Models.

Missing on OT only ! :neutral_face:

1 Like

Right. And I hope theyā€™ll make it equally accessible.
It is such a fine feature to be able to dial in chance like that. Fill up a track with samples on every trig and have the chance decide which ones play :partying_face:

3 Likes

Wet/Dry Mix on the LoFi effect would be nice

1 Like

when in SLICES trig-mode
It would be great, if the corresponding trig buttons would light up, when they are being triggered.
(Just like tracks are doing in TRACKS trig-mode)

This way it would be quicker to see, whatā€™s going on in the sequenceā€¦not having to check each step.

5 Likes

Iā€™d like to have either trigger mute or amp mute (a mute mode that turns amp vol to zero, which is what I do manually to mute a track without muting the effects). I imagine it could be implemented with FUNC + double tap track button, or with a new trig mode. And to show when a track is in trigger mute it could blink or use a different color (blue, purple and cyan are not used in the OT, but they are supported by the hardware, I guess)

3 Likes

Iā€™d love to have trig mute AND the current kind of mute, Iā€™m just saying if you can only have one it kind of has to be the way it currently is because trig mute wouldnā€™t work for thru machines or pickup machines, since thru machines only really use trigs for parameter locks (other than the initial trig you can use to activate the machine automatically) and PUMs donā€™t use them at all, so in both cases trig mutes wouldnā€™t work.

So it makes sense that Elektron designed mutes the way they did (but it would be better if they added more mute types)

2 Likes

Yes good idea, or XVOL to minimum.
Wouldnā€™t work on Neighbor though, having no effective Amp settings, unless they also change that! Btw thatā€™s also a feature request for me : effective Amp setting for Neighbor and Master trackā€¦

3 Likes

Could you elaborate on the topic below ? False triggering ? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Octatrack OS 1.40A: bug reports

Also depends on when you die. Be careful !
I guess nobody can say when. During beta testing, they said other updates would come, and they also talked about certain bug corrections to people reporting bugs.

2 Likes

@warlock016 when did you buy it? Was it new or used? Be aware that not all mk2 units are affected by the button combo bugs, you might want to try getting an exchange with the retailer if still within the return period. I have 2 mk2 units and neither of them have the button combo issue or any other button problems.

Hmm, might be a hardware fault then?