OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

People have been saying OT is done for many years without actually knowing it to be the case.

Looks like 1.63 came out in 2016.

A pendulum mode for the sequencer, per track.

4 Likes

Support stated there is at least a bug fix update coming in the future (for the multi button press recognition problem) and there are also plans to add some more features. But, of course (like always), there are no details available about what and when and - judging from the past - it can take quite some time.

3 Likes
  • +24/-24 pitch modulation
  • 4 octaves chromatic mode
  • distortion mix knob
  • timestretch improvement
  • velocity knob ?
2 Likes

And Iā€™m sorry Elektron but the pitch shift with 0.2 semitones just makes me want to go back to my computer. Really complicated to get two samples in tune depending on the source.
Would be wonderful to have a more accurate system like the Digitaktā€¦

1 Like

Never tried, but the crossfader should provide more resolution.

*Edit
It works. You just need one scene which has +/- 0.2 pitch locked (vs. the original pitch) and the crossfader lets you interpolate between 0 and 0.2 which on a single cycle wave sounds like turning the detune knob on a synth. Resample the result if youā€™re trying to fine tune a sample.

8 Likes

great observation, also you can fine tune with LFO designer, no resampling, just wasting one LFO.
Its only interface limitation, elektron should implement additional precision on pitch, same thing on LFO depth. Just encode it with second byte integer.
RYTM for example has two bytes precision only on LFO depth. I canā€™t understand why it not implemented across all parameters

2 Likes

New user here and I love it but the abrupt mutes are absolutely killing me. I know this has been requested multiple times in this thread and sorry to spam but IMO this is the most important feature out of all Iā€™ve seen.

5 Likes

How would you (or anyone with the same request) prefer the muting behaved, in detail?

For one shot samples (like when using the OT as drum machine), Iā€™d prefer mutes on the trig level (like on other Elektrons), but OT also can play back very long samples, looped samples etc. It wouldnā€™t make sense to have mutes on the trig level. It could potentially take several bars or minutes even until the mute actually happens. Manually triggered/1st trig condition triggered looped samples would never mute.

2 Likes

Yes this is exactly what I am wondering. Maybe you would want the track amp eg enter the release phase but then what would happen when you unmute? Trig the amp eg again? Maybe your track had a slow attack but you donā€™t want that when unmuting. IMO the way it is makes most sense if you want to have a consistent way of handling mutes across any kind of tracks.

1 Like

Yeah, using the amp envelope would work, but introduces another problem and personally I would not want to have the amp env tied to muting behaviour.
Afaik many users trig thru machines by hand (track button+play) and have hold set to inf, some set release to inf - in this case you could never mute a thru machine.

If we could choose the muting behaviour per track, it might work well when different led colours were used. But on mk1 all colours already are in use, not sure about the mk2 (?)

1 Like

With mutes functioning as trig mutes, to solve the long sample / loop / thru problem perhaps keeping the existing TRACK+STOP as is / kill switch is all thatā€™s needed. One would first mute a track, and when they realize their super long sound is still going can decide to leave it or TRACK+STOP to kill it. The big con here is that itā€™d be super annoying to have to always TRACK+STOP for these outliers when you really just want to ā€œmuteā€, so a per-track option of Old vs New way of muting would be helpful. Not sure this is the best idea but itā€™s what came to mind. Iā€™ll think about this some more. Itā€™s a tricky one for sure.

Detail: You also can control Vol and Cue levels when not in studio mode. It is just that you can see both levels at same time in studio mode.

You can choose the pattern (so will be the linked part). It just asks some organization (as everything with the OT :wink: )

Anyone has a clue/proof that this thread has ever been read and effectively inspired the Firmware team @ Elektron?

2 Likes

Itā€™s not what I asked.
I know that.
But for some reason I would like this feature (which can be implemented IMO)
So then I can lock one pattern midi tracks on different keyscales (with parts) and with the arranger transposing to different degrees and changing them.

So having the possibility to change parts from the arranger would be really more convenient and I could switch scales on the same pattern. You understand ?
I know this machine and I am organized, but this would be so much more easy to create keyscale changes without having to do it live.

I think this thread may not be read anyway.

A mode where mute toggles the track amp volume between the set value and 0 would be the best of both worlds IMO. It would be like using a mixer with pre-insert mutes vs. post-insert mutes. Ideally assignable on a per track basis, since both are useful.

1 Like

What would happen if Iā€™d mute the track pre fx and then wanted to fade in it by turning up amp vol?
It would basically need to drop out of mute mode when amp vol ist touched, which should be possible to implement.
Butā€¦what about amp vol p-locks then?

Btw, what really works well is using a midi controller with eight buttons to toggle amp volume between -63 and 0 - in case anyone of you is looking for a practical solution.
Only downside is you canā€˜t p-lock amp vol for dynamicsā€¦

That would not cut it for the people who want trig level mute though.

It would be a decent compromise, though.

I donā€™t think that would actually solve the problem 100%. I think it would solve the one part of the problem where the effect tail get off because it is ā€œpreā€, but it doesnā€™t address samples getting cutoff before theyā€™re finished nor previous samples that were triggered while mute was on from being heard mid cycle when you unmute. Of course I might be misunderstanding your idea - please correct me if Iā€™m wrong.