OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

Another one: a new LED color light on MIX button (blue?) to indicate if the click is on/off.

1 Like

Clicks.

When ā€˜save all recordingsā€™ have an option to save to free flex instead of save to self.

2 Likes

Please add a crossfader option for sampling, allowing adjusting the end and start of a sample to crossfade to make continous loops easier to make. As it is, they are extremely fiddly and sometimes impossible to make without pops or a pause.

Iā€™d really like AED start, end and loop to be p-lockable, I asked for it in 2011 but doesā€™t hurt to ask again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I know itā€™s been asked for, wished for and explained away. But the lack of usb audio and usb midi is really kind of mind boggling. This, along with a lack of any updated/extended time & pitchstretch algorithm (looking at you digitakt +/-24 semitones) is really what makes the OT show its ageā€¦ feels like this is guaranteed disappointment for new users.

Something like the teenage engineering op, which is just as ā€œoldā€ was recently updated to include class compliant usb audioā€¦ so who knows, maybe thereā€™s a chanceā€¦ i wonā€™t hold my breath

1 Like

Afaik not possible due to hardware.

1 Like

Would be nice to have a scale on retriggering the samples like on M:S as 1:128, 1:64, etc instead of 0.749 and else.

1 Like

Imo the usb audio thing could only really be solved by making an OT ā€œexpansionā€ which I visualize as a little unit that plugs into all the OTā€™s ports (except headphone jack, midi thru, and midi out). It has an interface for DAW integration, and allows OB control the OT via the MIDI (in a more limited way, since itā€™s only midi). Plus it doubles a nifty little mixer that can either send directly into the DAW via the interface, or send into the OTā€™s inputs.

Of course this is more of a hardware request than a feature request. Plus it wouldnā€™t give OB better control of the OT than a DAW can already achieve.

Iā€™m almost sure someone already told that, but I confess I had not the courage to read the 1249 posts in the topic.

I wish the ā€œneighborā€ tracks (or any other one) could be used as aux (send) and not only as an insert or an additional FX slot as it is.
Even if OT is not powerful enough to allow any track to be sent in a aux track, it would be great that at least one could be.

2 Likes

You can play a recorder buffer on a flex track that records SRC3=Cue. You can send every track to this track and let it run through its fx by turning up the cue level (works best in studio mode where you have better control and visualisation for main out and cue out on every track).

3 Likes

Awesome trick. Iā€™ll try it.

thatā€™s still a workaround. If I have perfectly understand, this prevents the usage of CUE output if I want to use it to send some tracks to hardware peripherals.

But itā€™s still a good solution anyway. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

In a way, yes. It wouldnā€™t make much sense to use the cue outs as an fx send for hardware fx, because the levels probaply wouldnā€™t make much sense, either for the internal effect or for the external.

I wouldnā€™t call it a workaround, though! Think about what you can do with an internal return track on OT! Very powerful and lots of fun^^ :slight_smile:

1 Like

You mean ā€œwhen you use the cue trick for a internal FX sendā€ I suppose. I agree.
But my Idea was to add later an hardware FX chain (probably at least an Erica Synth Zen Delay) and this seams not to be compatible with this trick. Iā€™ll have to choose.

Dry/wet aka live/sampled flex track.

Iā€™m imagining a way to have the ā€œdryā€ signal as simple the source audio and the wet be the sampled audio loaded into the buffer.

This would allow you to use a single track for the thru+flex track workflow where 1 track is ā€œliveā€ and the other is ā€œsampledā€.

Eg you setup a flex track on TRK1. Set the source to a recording buffer. Similar to https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gAxUsIdAmEM

When fully dry, you just hear the recording buffer - basically like having a thru track with a single trig on the first step.
When fully wet you just hear flex sample, IE what we currently in OS1.40.

But when set to anything in between you hear a mix of the 2. So you could put down 16 sliced randomized steps, map the xfader to dry wet, then morph between the ā€œliveā€ input and the ā€œwetā€ randomization all on a single track!

Iā€™m convinced this wouldnā€™t even be that taxing to implement DSP wise either since the buffer is already in memory, youā€™d just be summing the ā€œliveā€ audio with whatever the current track output is based on the dry/wet knob!

The main problem is I donā€™t really know where this parameter would exist since the src page is already full on flex tracks :frowning: maybe a new machine is required.

1 Like

Unfortunately it broke midi over USB functionality in that update, so I reverted to the previous one as midi is more important for me. I and some others sent in bug reports, so hopefully it will get fixed.

2 Likes

Simple (I think) realistic request:
Dry/Wet parameter for the Lo-Fi distortion. There is even an empty slot between DIST and AMF parameters.

Edit: I have done sort of that, duplicating tracks, one wet/one dry, but of course it would be much better to do that within the effect.

1 Like

Does OT still get updates?
I thought OT was done for with the 1.40 as the last one

v1.41 technically (but just a screensaver for MkIIā€™s)

No offical statement either way from Elektron as far as Iā€™m aware.

1 Like

MD was discontinued after 15 years. Though I dno if that had regular updates the whole time.

OT only just hit 10 years and they marketed the update as ā€œto infinityā€. I know deep down its just marketing, but Iā€™m hoping that we get at least a few more updates between now and when they discontinue it.
I reeeealy hope they make a Mk3 with OB and all the other things on this list :wink: