OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

Access to .REX files.

2 Likes

i would like them to change the form factor.

i use OT mostly like mixer from other gear with looper.

i imagine take DigiTakt and expand scale to size of Pioneer or Zone DJ mixer, and make it a 4 channel DJ mixer that you can use with CD/turntable OR synth drum machineā€¦

Pioneer DJ EFX? LOL, cuteā€¦

Maybe even bigger, like the size of the 6 channel Pioneer? It do a hell of a lot moreā€¦

The Tempest does this and itā€™s great. For example when youā€™re in roll mode, have selected 16 velocities and hold down a few pads you can lay down hats with variation in velocity with zero effort. I miss this feature on the OT and Rytm.

On OT donā€™t you get exactly this with the LFO designer? With interpolation even! 3 per track!

I only wish you could shorten the length like you can on the MIDI arp to make polymetric stuff possible/much easier.

Thatā€™s taken from the MPCs, isnā€™t it? At least my 1000 does this.

Anyway, hello! New to the forum and my Octatrack, still navigating it but very happy with finally owning one after keeping my eyes on it since launch.

I have a request, does anyone from Elektron actually read these? If so, it would be great to add cyclic timestretching mode to the OT. Not sure why it doesnā€™t have it already as it seems more forgiving of CPU usage than the algorithms already present, and a lot of us sampler people really like that kinda oldschool sound.

Yeah I read about workarounds, and I know I can just process samples externally, but itā€™d be a lot more fun to be able to do this natively on the OT and in real time.

So yeah: Cyclic timestretch mode. Pretty please!

3 Likes

how much does the back-end programming algo change on something like time stretch? is it possible to replace these reverb algo with new/better reverb algo? thatā€™s seems obvious, yeah, as the DT seems better reverb? or is that because of opamp?

is the script for having multiple modes like ableton just too much? or too much processor for OT to handle doing better?

It would be super neat to have a filter, delay and compressor on a Master track without having to route it to another track to get more than 2 fx on master.

Story always was OT was maxed out, even bug fixes need code optimization, but we still got trig conditions and that other major updateā€¦so who knowsā€¦
But keep in mind OT can potentially load eight reverbs, AR, A4/AK, DT, DN and Models have all one reverb instance.

The new Elektron reverb sounds pretty good, but OT reverbs arenā€™t shabby either! Plate can sprinkle magic dust on percussion, itā€™s amazing! No other reverb I have does this.
Dark reverb comes alive with modulation/p-locking.

2 Likes

i mostly use dark.

maybe they could change so that EFX were dynamic per track how much processing power using in OT? i assume something like reverb using way more processing power than a simple delay, because reverb like tons of delays in conjunction? OT using less processing power if you looping samples at original BPM and it doesnā€™t have to timestrech a bunch of samples in real time?

i donā€™t need reverb on each and every single track, no muddy bass, LoLā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, afaik algorithmic reverbs arenā€™t light on processing. Dynamic effects sounds cool, not sure how fun it would be to actually work with having a cpu load meter always telling you how much percent are leftā€¦

Yeah, but you could load reverb on every track, so OT has to be able to handle that.

1 Like

i have to watch CPU meter on ableton if i load up a certain VST or twoā€¦ probably they wouldnā€™t need to put a CPU meter there, but maybe the EFX section doesnā€™t let you choose certain EFX if itā€™s processor is maxed out in your setup.

i would just REALLY like a compressor on my Master along with the filter and delay and i would be more than happy to give up a reverb or two, LoLā€¦

Right now iā€™m KIND of using octa headroom as defacto ā€œlimiterā€ and itā€™s not a good practice LMAOā€¦

I guess thatā€™s another feature request, DJ type LED strip for input/output gain. That would be AMAZING, for meā€¦

1 Like

I actually doubt it would work out well, even with a cpu meter. A major appeal when playing with OT for me is that itā€™s so highly dynamic. I can always go in every direction and I love that.

Yeahā€¦OT really shines with additional fx, filters, compressorsā€¦

I always have my H9 Max hooked up to my OT, using cue outs as aux send. :slight_smile:

How that?

Thatā€™s not a feature request but a new product request.

1 Like

change form factor of A4ā€¦ I guess my setup would benefit for more of a DJ stylemixer with loopers attached? so thatā€™s what i ask forā€¦ but i do think it benefit to have multi DJ like LED for input/output gain, because many people use it like mixerā€¦

When i think of Elektron do something like Pioneer DJM-V10 or Roland DJ-808, makes brain hurt with possibilitiesā€¦

Direct jump would be such a nice addition.

9 Likes

Hello

The Octatrack is an enormous canvas of possibility and customized workflow.

I am sure many people have their default Trig Mode view, by which they like to spend the most time in where the trig buttons either mean = rec trigs, slices, slots, chromatic, quick mute, delay controlā€¦etc

For me, I spend my time in Quick Mute trig mode.

So this feature request will help anyone who does not like to spend their default time with the REC button on (so that the trig buttons show regular Trigs).

The feature request is this: while in Track Trig Edit menu (FUNC+BANK), why not have the trig buttons then default to whatever item is highlighted in that menu?

For example, Iā€™m in Quick Mute mode most the time, I want to do a quick check of what trigs are where, so I enter Track Trig Edit menu, and the trig buttons correspond to the highlighted menu item, while also enabling me to edit the trigs as seen in the graphic by easily pressing the trig buttons to on/off the trigs.

At present, I go to Track Trig Edit menu, but it only enables me to SEE the trigs; to edit them I still have to press the REC button otherwise the trigs maintain my Quick Mute view where I can only mute/unmute tracks, not edit the trackā€™s trigs.

Two-step process versus one-step process. This will make the Track Trig Edit menu very powerful and efficient.

To see the track edit menu, you have to be in grid recording mode, if youā€™re not in grid revording mode, the button combo opens the pattern settings. With the menu open, you can toggle between track edit and pattern settings by pressing the rec button.
Also on OT, track related stuff always means rec button on, pattern related means rec button off.

Or maybe I misunderstood youā€¦

2 Likes

Here, the Track Trig Menu always opens up with the Track Trig Menuā€¦ Only once itā€™s opened, then toggling grid REC on/off switches between it and the pattern settings menu.

But after spending more time with this, I kind of understand itā€™s in Elektron operation philosophy to keep Grid Recording mode the only mode in which trigs can be turned on or off. Just have to get used to it, but I can see now there are benefits to this.

I would love :smiley:

-Having the possibility to choose the part in the arranger (In combinaison to key scales (part) and transpositions (arranger)) it can be really convenient to write progressions

-To go back directly to Arp designer when switching from sample to midi if I was in arp designer previouslyā€¦

1 Like

I set rec length to max and arm/record with record 1 or 2 and make sure the rev quantize is on. So unfortunately this doesnā€™t work with recording trigs, but it gets you perfect loops of more than 64 steps without having to edit afterwards.

1 Like

I would like the ability to save the recording and assign it to any flex slot I highlight, more than ā€œassign to first free flexā€ as we currently only have available.