OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

talking of the OT midi tracks, i suddenly realised there would be almost no work to make it possible to extend the bar length of midi tracks without the need of scaling - and thus preserve the 16th note articulation.

the midi tracks are not linked to audio in any way, it is merely simple on/off bit flags, along with automation lanes. all very economical as regards data size and file handling.

anyway it would be great if the OT were offer up to 16 or even 32 bars (user selectable) per midi track, whilst maintaining the 16th note sequencing. opening the doorway to longer progressive chord parts, languid melody evolution, and so forth.

I will add a few:

1. Full printed bound copy of the user manual not the 5 page quick start one. I had to pay to have this done at a local print shop.

Totally UNACCEPTABLE for lack of it on a 1k plus music hardware.

1. Wave table oscillator function

2. Overbridge support- probably will never happen though

1 Like
  1. Buy an MkI :slight_smile:
  2. Do you know Slices ? 64 wavetables available, even 128 with Start
  3. Not a chance. Hardware limits.
    A guy can make an Spdif output mod : 1200$ !

omg

can always dream then again OB has not come out yet for the promised MK2 boxes A4 and AR so not surprised.

Just for reference, It’s been stated by Elektron multiple times:

3 Likes

But but… maybe if I ask every week they’ll eventually change their mind!

2 Likes

This one has probably been requested already but I’d love OT Pattern copy/paste without stopping sequencer. It’s works on AR and A4 and it still throws me off at times when I’m really cooking.

4 Likes

Playable Sample-Range with external Keyboard for THREE OCTAVES please! Also the ability to transpose these three octaves over a keys-size of 88.

REASON:
Thought to have always read that the Octatrack has 3 octaves sample range - I can play only two octaves by external keyboard - and a renewed look in the manual confirms that too. Another problem is the pitch parameter - I can turn it to +/- 12 (that’s three octaves in the sense) and hear the change as well, BUT the value is not kept. As soon as I stop rotating, the pitch value “technically” jumps back to 0 (the changed value remains in the display). What am I doing wrong?

In order to be able to reach and play the two Octaves of the Octas with my Minilogue as Masterkeyboard, I have to turn the Octave-switch on the Minilogue to the very right (C4 to C7). But if I want to play the Minilogue on the Octa’s Miditracks, it’s much too high in most cases (of course). Now I thought that I’m downsetting the base note in the Octa from C3 to C1 or C0 in the Miditrack settings so that I can play lower octaves on the Minilogue. But somehow it does not work - I hear no change @all. Someone’s advice?

Chromatic playback of samples is really just a hack that adjusts the pitch parameter according to the notes you play. The only workaround I’ve found is by turning timestretch off and using rate to lower the octave if required.

2 Likes

uhhh…so its a kind of trig-related thing and not a real sample-pitch? thats hard…

Refering to this ? There’s only 1 note (96) for octave 3 so there are 2 octaves only.

As @pselodux mentioned you can use Rate to get more octaves in the lower register, but you can’t have more than an octave up, without resampling.

With a midi processor and external keyboard it is possible to assign rate settings per octave ranges, and get an 8 octaves range (1 octave up, 7 octaves down). Also possible to control slices, up to 128 notes if well prepared with start points.

3 Likes

I would like to request “ducking delay” option and “volume triggered delay” options for the Octatrack delay, like the TC Electronics 2290 digital delay emulator features.

Ducking Delay meaning that while there is sound happening on the signal source, either from the Audio Inputs or in the assigned sample of the slot, the delay echoes’ volume are quieter, ramping up slightly in volume when there is silence.

And the option to have “volume triggered delay” would be just as cool - only in a different way; exclusively allowing the louder notes to be triggering an echo.

The option would make for a new type of expressivity available via playing style on the keyboard or drum pads in relation to whether an echo happens or not.

It might be a bit much for the current Delay effect’s settings to make room for this, so why not make another effect to allow for this, and make it a cascading Dual Delay, with the possibility of colouring the delays with a combination of simple Flange, Phaser, Tube Warmth, a combination of all three, or just regular.

Try Plate Reverb Gate, Mix 127 + Neighbor Delay…

5 Likes

next level!
more details welcome.

Enough details for me but select Plate Reverb, set mix to 127, Gate and GVol (Page 2), in order to have a kind of noise gate. Set other parameters to taste (I set time to 0).
Neighbor with delay, done.

Gate is gate time and Gvol is audio threshold.

3 Likes

many cheers for the info …

also to mention i found a way to do the inverse - only have delay when there is source signal - put delay on the track, then mute and cue the track.

take a lead from Cue Out to an audio input on the Octatrack, set the Noise Gate to about 43db.

adjust the Delay effect Volume parameter to be about 70 percent quieter than the Track’s regular volume of the actual audio file playing.

then use the Function-Level double keypress to adjust the Cue Output volume of the Track…

after some experimentation, it is possible to only have the Cue Send->Returning to external audio input only sounding when the signal is strong enough.

the returning signal volume is strong enough to override the Noise Gate when the actual audio file of the Track is playing (along with the Delay effect echoes), and not loud enough to sound when there are just Delay effect echoes.

1 Like

You can do this while holding the stop button!

4 Likes

Nice! I’ll remember that when I get another OT

request: second option in Proj Prefs for “Mute fx when Previewing through Main Output”.

when working in the studio i prefer to preview an audio clip through the Main Stereo Output, as that is the only output connected to a speaker.

if there are any effects on the track that is active when previewing while browsing, the active track’s effects (if any are on there) are also sounding on the clip preview.

currently the option to mute the track fx only works if previewing a clip through the Cue output or the headphones (achieved via the double keypress Cue and Yes when in the browser with a clip selected).

might not be feasible to make the second option available, although if it were possible to not apply track fx when previewing through the main stereo output, that would be more practical when not previewing a clip through the headphones.